Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

galway outer bypass

Options
  • 12-04-2013 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

http://galwayindependent.com/20130412/news/environmental-group-welcomes-landmark-bypass-judgement-S16286.html

And so the Galway outer bypass mess shambles along, with no end result in sight - genuinely not trying to be a smartarse, but I wonder if hundreds (thousands?) of cars running idle every morning and evening on choked local roads is doing the environment more damage than the bypass would cause? The ideal would be for us all to hop on bikes of course, but I don't see the general populace racing for that option yet. The intro of realtime displays might help encourage more public transport use I guess...

lampsie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

lampsie wrote: »
    The intro of realtime displays might help encourage more public transport use I guess...

i added the bold and italics above..... the realtime thing is questionable.... i saw the 401 bus pull up at a stop in Salthill the other day and the display showed that the next 401 bus was due in 5mins..... teething issues with the realtime component of the system i guess :confused:

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It ain't realtime, it shows a timetable not where the bus actually IS!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

lampsie wrote: »
    And so the Galway outer bypass mess shambles along, with no end result in sight
    When this is actual reality a thread in this forum is welcome. Until such time please use this thread for general discussion and speculation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement