Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G Chromebook in Ireland

Options
  • 12-04-2013 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

I'm considering buying a SAMSUNG Series 3 3G & WiFi Chromebook. They seem to be available in PCWorld. Excuse the ignorance but would this work in Ireland and if so could I use my OSF/Blade to connect it to the internet or would I need a separate card/contract?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,978 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Two options. Stick in a 3G data card from the likes of '3' as they are doing offers now.

Or if your phone supports WIFI hotspot you can use that.

But i suppose the reason you are buying a 3G version of the chromebook then it stands to reason you would want to put a sim card in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭inigo

Thanks for that listermint. My phone does seem to support thethering & portable hotspots. I haven't decided on the 3g vs wi-fi only yet. I only plan to use it outside our home wi-fi network occasionally and have to decide if it's worth the extra $80...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,978 ✭✭✭✭listermint

inigo wrote: »
    Thanks for that listermint. My phone does seem to support thethering & portable hotspots. I haven't decided on the 3g vs wi-fi only yet. I only plan to use it outside our home wi-fi network occasionally and have to decide if it's worth the extra $80...

For me, no its not. Your hotspot will be fine for those circumstances.

Advertisement