Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spiritualized, 10 August, National Concert Hall (!)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Presumably the bus will drop you off along the quays, so you've got all of Westmoreland Street, Grafton Street to choose from. Loads of options there from the fast food places to the Green Hen and Peploes.

There's an Indian on South Anne Street which I haven't been to yet, but everyone I know who has raves about it.
    http://www.dhaba.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

MadsL wrote: »
    NCH is very punctual - don't be late

Really? is that not doors at 8pm..band at 8.30 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

someone asked nch on twitter and they confirmed 8pm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Great gig. It was my first time at the NCH and I think it's a really nice venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

That was brilliant! Stay with Me was so beautiful. Was hoping for Hey Jane as an encore but oh well

• Advertisement

cop shoot cop and broken heart highlights for me..encore was ill-advised..would have loved let it flow to be played but overall ranks up there as one of the best musical experiences ever..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

I enjoyed the gig even the encore! cool wave was the highlight for me.
    It was noticeable though that a number of people arrived into the venue long after the gig started missing quite a few songs

• Registered Users Posts: 2 employeeofthemo

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

notnumber wrote: »
    cop shoot cop and broken heart highlights for me..encore was ill-advised..would have loved let it flow to be played but overall ranks up there as one of the best musical experiences ever..

Ill advised? Out of Sight is probably my favourite track of theirs and it's rare that they can play it these days as he rarely has that big of a band. Ohh Happy Day has been a staple of their live sets for a long time. I loved it :)

Ill advised? Out of Sight is probably my favourite track of theirs and it's rare that they can play it these days as he rarely has that big of a band. Ohh Happy Day has been a staple of their live sets for a long time. I loved it :)

I'll advised maybe a bad choice of words.I wasn't familiar with Out of Sight ,happy days I dont rate that much..anyway minor complaints on my behalf..performance of l&g was flawless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Wheeker

Absolutely stunning! The full-on psych-rock band/strings/horns/gospel choir experience really blew me away. Great to hear such a classic album in this way & indeed at the NCH. Also- what a bass player :eek:

I had high hopes for this & was delighted it didn't disappoint. Up there with my all-time most amazing gigs. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Not a huge fan of the band but wow that was some gig. Amazing hearing really good music played in a venue which really lends itself to the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Fairplay on getting the video!!:)

they are quite militant in the concert hall for not allowing photos or recording!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Wheeker wrote: »
    Absolutely stunning! The full-on psych-rock band/strings/horns/gospel choir experience really blew me away. Great to hear such a classic album in this way & indeed at the NCH. Also- what a bass player :eek:

I had high hopes for this & was delighted it didn't disappoint. Up there with my all-time most amazing gigs. :D

I could have written the above word for word - mind-blowing concert, and amazing venue.

I can't recall being at a concert where the sound mixing was so perfect - you could pick out every instrument.

If they are doing a similar production anywhere in the future, I'll be aiming to get to it.

Advertisement