Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 faction system

Options
  • 12-04-2013 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, for those who played BF2 can you explain how the 3 faction system works?

Is it always 1 faction v another or is there a mix of players from each faction,i.e China, US and Russia? (just wondering for BF4)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The factions were dependant on the maps. I'm not sure if BF4 will work the same way, I'll assume it will.

There was 16 factions in BF2 so variety was huge. Of course there were mods to put different factions onto different maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Its pointless unless weapons are limited to factions, if not the faction is just a skin.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I really hope that will be the case. I would assume so tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Its pointless unless weapons are limited to factions, if not the faction is just a skin.
    Which also requires 300% more balancing...

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Which also requires 300% more balancing...
    That would be my thinking too, you'd have people bitching 24/7 if one factions weaponry is "better", just like when the Viper outclassed the Havoc.
    I'd say they will do like BF3 and lock a token faction weapon per class then effectively reskins for stinger/RPG/tanks/APC/emplacements etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement