Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B & Q half price plant offers

• 12-04-2013 1:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

B & Q are doing 3 for 2 price plant offers until Monday , was in the limerick one this morning offer includes fruit trees and shrubs

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

BrendanD wrote: »
    B & Q are doing 3 for 2 price plant offers until Monday , was in the limerick one this morning offer includes fruit trees and shrubs

Some nice stock in Airside...had a quick look around this morning.Lots of shrubs and small trees on sale

Picked up some Anemone plants there a few weeks ago to add in with the ones I planted last year..

1 lite pots and priced at 3 euro 40 cents each.

Scanned through the till at 2 euro 10 cents...happy with that.:)

B&Q are also selling lawn turf rolls for 4 euro at the moment.

Or 3 for the price of 2.

Landscaping van out there earlier on buying up a fair few rolls of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

how long can you store these for? 3 weeks too long?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

paddy147 wrote: »
    B&Q are also selling lawn turf rolls for 4 euro at the moment.

Or 3 for the price of 2.

Landscaping van out there earlier on buying up a fair few rolls of it.

jameshayes wrote: »

I dont know about 3 weeks being too long....But if you need to store it,then unroll the rolls and lay them on a flat surface.Place some cardboard or some Mypex weed barrier underneath them too.

Lightly spray the turf lawn with a watering hoze to keep them damp/most.:)

But ideally you should lay it/install it asap after buying it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

BrendanD wrote: »
    Last edited by BrendanD; 12-04-2013 at 13:48. Reason: not half price only selected plants are half price

Shame this post wasnt edited before i drove all the way out to B & Q for the half price trees and shrubs,asked the employee in the garden centre area about the half price deal and she said theres no such deal.She ran to get a scanner to prove it and came back and scanned them and guess what :eek:......me then melted into the background :)

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

In casd anyone is planning on getting this bargain, I was at the Tallaght branch today where the entire garden centre area is closed due to high winds. Hopefully this might save someone else a wasted journey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭m0nsterie

damon5 wrote: »
    Last edited by BrendanD; 12-04-2013 at 13:48. Reason: not half price only selected plants are half price

Shame this post wasnt edited before i drove all the way out to B & Q for the half price trees and shrubs,

What? He edited it 2 minutes after he posted!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭Northumbria

They're running it in the UK too, I bought two bamboos for £40 each and got a third one free. I was very pleased - £120 worth for £80. :D
    It'll be the cheapest item free though, so if you go and buy 2 expensive plants and then a cheap packet of pansies, it'll be the pansies that are free and it won't be such a good deal then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭Northumbria

It's ended now.

• Advertisement

fiona-f wrote: »
    In casd anyone is planning on getting this bargain, I was at the Tallaght branch today where the entire garden centre area is closed due to high winds. Hopefully this might save someone else a wasted journey.

Your safety and the publics in mind in fairness.:)

Homebase also do the same on very gusty/windy days.

Id rather be dissapointed about missed a plant bargain or 2 then going into the outdoor gardening sector on such a windy day and never making it back home alive,due to being struck by a large falling object.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

paddy147 wrote: »
    Your safety and the publics in mind in fairness.:)

Homebase also do the same on very gusty/windy days.

Id rather be dissapointed about missed a plant bargain or 2 then going into the outdoor gardening sector on such a windy day and never making it back home alive,due to being struck by a large falling object.:(

Oh absolutely, not complaining about that, just hoping to alert someone like me who had seen this and planned to make their way out just for this offer.

Advertisement