Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

is it Gay?

• 12-04-2013 1:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭

Having read that thread about being Gay in the GYM changing room it made me ask myself a question. Does society see Men who are with ladyboy transsexual women as Gay or Straight? or possibly bi-sexual?

I myself have been to Thailand before and Ladyboys are quite common over there and some of them are absolute stunners, and there is a saying that the best looking women in Thailand aren't women at all! I personally consider them to be women because they act and talk like women and for all intensive purposes are except they still have a penis.

However their male boyfriends; I wonder what is the general view on them, do society view them as being Gay because they are with a ladyboy? For me personally I find it weird as okay they have the body of a woman but they still have a penis and that is the bit that makes it hard to categorise.

I'm not judgemental and not going to judge them once they are happy but I wonder what is the viewpoint of women particularly? Would they consider a man who was with a transexual ladyboy to be straight or gay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭AEDIC

Stinicker wrote: »
    Having read that thread about being Gay in the GYM changing room it made me ask myself a question. Does society see Men who are with ladyboy transsexual women as Gay or Straight? or possibly bi-sexual?

I myself have been to Thailand before and Ladyboys are quite common over there and some of them are absolute stunners, and there is a saying that the best looking women in Thailand aren't women at all! I personally consider them to be women because they act and talk like women and for all intensive purposes are except they still have a penis.

However their male boyfriends; I wonder what is the general view on them, do society view them as being Gay because they are with a ladyboy? For me personally I find it weird as okay they have the body of a woman but they still have a penis and that is the bit that makes it hard to categorise.

I'm not judgemental and not going to judge them once they are happy but I wonder what is the viewpoint of women particularly? Would they consider a man who was with a transexual ladyboy to be straight or gay?

Been with a ladyboy then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

they still have a penis.

Does that not answer your question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Having a penis is a pretty big obstacle to having 'the body of a woman'. You know, because it's a penis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Is it gay to play Putt-Putt golf with a friend (Yeah)
    And watch his butt-butt when he tees off? (Yeah)
    But, but! I ain't done yet
    In football the quarterback yells out hutt-hutt
    While he reaches in another grown man's ass
    Grabs on his nuts but just what if
    It was never meant it was just an accident
    But he tripped, fell, slipped and his penis went in
    His teeny tiny little round hiney but he didn't mean it
    But his little weenie flinched just a little bit
    And I don't mean to go in into any more details but
    What if he pictured it as a females butt?
    Is that gay? I just need to clear things up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

We talking post op or pre op here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

I think your too hung up about lableing people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

for all intensive purposes

Your opinions and subject lost all interest for me right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Jarrod

So they're women for all intensive purposes, huh? What about for more relaxed purposes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

Its only gay if their cock is bigger!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

why op why?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I'm waiting for an episode of bones to cover this. There has been slight references before I think, but Brennan had never been challenged really to determine the sex/gender of someone who has gone through surgery to alter the appearence of their gender.

Would make for an interesting episode I recon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

What intensive purposes do you have in mind??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I was getting a prostate exam from a pretty Thai nurse before.

She told me midway "don't worry, it quite normal to get erection right now"

I told her I didn't have an erection.

I near choked when she said "no but I do" :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭schnitzelEater

The saying 'if you have to ask....' comes to mind, OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

It's only gay if you admit it. Who cares what other people think of you. At the end of the day when you put your head on the pillow and close your eyes you answer to you and you alone.
    So grab her dick and suck on those titties brah. Fcuk it. Life is temporary, treat it as such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

It's only gay if the balls touch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭Hoop66

SamHall wrote: »
    I was getting a prostate exam from a pretty Thai nurse before.

She told me midway "don't worry, it quite normal to get erection right now"

I told her I didn't have an erection.

I near choked when she said "no but I do" :eek:

I was sitting across from a beautiful Thai girl onthe DART the other day. I was saying to myself "Don't get an erection, don't get an erection".

But she did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Hoop66 wrote: »
    I was sitting across from a beautiful Thai girl onthe DART the other day. I was saying to myself "Don't get an erection, don't get an erection".

But she did.

I'd say you nearly had a stroke. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

If you're born a male and you have sexual relations with males, you're gay. It doesn't matter how much money you waste trying to look like a woman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭neil_

for all intensive purposes

Hello,

You don't know me, but don't worry, I'm here to help.

The phrase "for all intensive purposes" doesn't make any sense; a purpose is not something that can really be assigned a level of intensity.

You may have confused it with "for all intents and purposes", which is a more logical phrase to use in this situation (and also in every other possible situation).

Don't worry, I'm not mad at you. Many people make this mistake. I hope you can go on living your life in happiness with this newfound knowledge.

Regards,
    Neil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

A ladyboy going to the pool. Which changing room do they use? Swim suit or mankini? So many questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

It's only gay if you touch their Mammy Daddy button.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

It's bisexual?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

its ok if she tucks it in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭frank reynolds

jaysus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

If someone with junk is nibbling on your junk, your junk is gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Hordor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Gender is between a person's ears, no matter what is between their legs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

However their male boyfriends; I wonder what is the general view on them, do society view them as being Gay because they are with a ladyboy? For me personally I find it weird as okay they have the body of a woman but they still have a penis and that is the bit that makes it me hard to categorise.

You answered it yourself OP :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Three Seasons

Sin City wrote: »
    I think your too hung up about lableing people.

Na he just finds it interesting and curious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

neil_ wrote: »
    Hello,

You don't know me, but don't worry, I'm here to help.

The phrase "for all intensive purposes" doesn't make any sense; a purpose is not something that can really be assigned a level of intensity.

You may have confused it with "for all intents and purposes", which is a more logical phrase to use in this situation (and also in every other possible situation).

Don't worry, I'm not mad at you. Many people make this mistake. I hope you can go on living your life in happiness with this newfound knowledge.

Regards,
    Neil.

Well aren't you big and clever? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

http://itspronouncedmetrosexual.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Genderbread-2.1.jpg

Gender id, gender expression, sexuality and biological sex are 4 different things can combine in any number of ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Short answer, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

For me personally I find it weird as okay they have the body of a woman but they still have a penis and that is the bit that makes it hard to categorise.

There's your problem right there. They're people, the rest is semantics and none of anybody elses business.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Aside from the dangly bit they're, for all utensils and porpoises, womens.

Advertisement