Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've lost my sweet tooth!

Options
  • 12-04-2013 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

So I used to be a major major chocolate and sweets fan. I could easily eat 5 chocolate bars (Twix, Moro, Wispa) etc while watching a movie :eek: Then I made a conscious decision to try and cut back on such sweets about 6 months ago - I am lucky enough to be one of those people that can eat copious amounts of **** and still never gain a huge amount of weight, but I did want to just cut back. I found myself thinking I was a pig eating so much junk.

Anyhow, over time my craving died away, and now I can easily go weeks without eating a chocolate bar. Last night I ate a Lion bar while watching TV and about 3/4 of the way through I felt kind of sick and put the last bit in the bin.

However I've noticed that since I've stopped eating sweets my tastes have changed and I'm now loving so many foods that I never enjoyed in the past. For example I recently had a pickle served with a burger (and I used to never be keen on them) but this was suddenly amazing. Similar story with mustard, I would never have opted for this and in recent weeks I can stop putting it on my ham sandwiches. I'm also enjoying crisps so much more now. Have cravings for things like strong tomato soup, red onion jam on goats cheest...etc etc :p:p

So is the sudden love for savory foods linked to the fact that I've managed to ween myself off processed sugary chocolate or what do you think? :confused:

ps I'm not a smoker which I know can have an impact on taste!!

Advertisement