Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you serious?

• 12-04-2013 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

I don't come across situations like this all the time, but it got me thinking of those moments when you're just thinking "really? Are you fúcking kidding me?"

When stupidity baffles.

I got on DB into town last week and the bus driver was there reading a newspaper. Bus is jammed, cyclists and traffic is mental, and this nob-end is just sitting there with the newspaper over the wheel, taking his eyes up every few seconds to see where he's going..

Share your stories!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Maggie thatcher wouldn't have put up with this shít, ya'd know she was gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Haha. Well holy god !!!
    Seriously , I saw a monkey cycle a bike before !!!

Or it's a thinly veiled thread of " I can afford public transport " thread.
    Goodbye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

What newspaper was it?

*This is important

I've seen people read newspapers too.

Who do they think they are? They probably think they're better than me. Knob-ends, the lot of 'em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I've said this before, and it sounds like bullshít, but it's true.

I was once on a bus from where I used to live (a fairly countryside-ish town) to school, about 20 minutes away. I was going in for an exam, so this would've been lunchtime rather than rush hour.

As we drove through little country roads, the driver pulled up, reached to a stack of newspapers by his seat, and delivered them through the letterboxes of the houses on the road. None of the biddies on the bus batted an eyelid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Probably just using the newspaper to cover the fact he was having a quick ****. Perfectly understandable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I was making pasta and let it boil for too long and the water bubbled over the pot. Stupid bastard i am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

Oh, yeah, what town might that be?

And DB - Des Bishop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Sometimes when I'm driving home in the evening I paint my toenails

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I steal ketchup, sugar, milk and napkins from McDonald's to use at home.

• Advertisement

I'm picking my nose right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

was in a deli once and asked for a sandwich with ham and coleslaw.

Guy behind the counter buttered the bread and put a slice of ham on it.

then he gets two great big tubs, one with mayonaise and one with shredded carrot.

he sticks his hand into the tub of mayonnaise......no gloves on.......takes a great big blob of it out......sticks the blob of mayonnaise into the shredded carrot and mixes it in with his bare hand......

then takes spoon and puts some coleslaw on the sandwich.

Actually, if its alright, i think I'll just have a bag of crisps instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

My friend once asked me, "why do muslims think Muhammad Ali is God?"

I said, "are you serious?"

He didn't reply!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

One time, there was somebody on the internet who said something stupid and outlandish. I corrected him and really put him in his place.

The end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

Drakares wrote: »
    I don't come across situations like this all the time, but it got me thinking of those moments when you're just thinking "really? Are you fúcking kidding me?"

When stupidity baffles.

I got on DB into town last week and the bus driver was there reading a newspaper. Bus is jammed, cyclists and traffic is mental, and this nob-end is just sitting there with the newspaper over the wheel, taking his eyes up every few seconds to see where he's going..

Share your stories!
    OK I'll bite.

Why is this stupid? I respond to emails when I'm sitting in heavy traffic. If the traffic is at a standstill, what's the big deal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

OK I'll bite.

Why is this stupid? I respond to emails when I'm sitting in heavy traffic. If the traffic is at a standstill, what's the big deal?

He never said it was at a standstill. And reading the paper while in control of 40-60 peoples lives is not only dangerously moronic, it's illegal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I once had to get public transport and there was a man sitting opposite me reading The Star newspaper! I was flabbergasted, I never knew people who got the bus were educated. It's changing times we live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

OK I'll bite.

He never said it was at a standstill. And reading the paper while in control of 40-60 peoples lives is not only dangerously moronic, it's illegal.

What he said!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

When im having sex i always put my willy in the wrong hole coz thats how stupid i am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

The end.

Or is it? OOOoooohh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

women. makeup. cars. commuting.

/thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Guill wrote: »
    Maggie thatcher wouldn't have put up with this shít, ya'd know she was gone.

Ha! Can we invent a term for the shortest number of replies to having Thatcher mentioned, in the same vein as Godwinning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

Drakares wrote: »
    What he said!
    So are you saying there was open road in front of him, or was the traffic pretty much stalled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

CJC999 wrote: »
    I once had to get public transport and there was a man sitting opposite me reading The Star newspaper! I was flabbergasted, I never knew people who got the bus were educated. It's changing times we live in.

You think someone who reads The Star is educated: are you serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭spankysue

cruiser178 wrote: »
    When im having sex i always put my willy in the wrong hole coz thats how stupid i am.

Stupid or very clever.......;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Stupid like a fox

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Mr. Nice

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

I am, and don't call me Shirley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    was in a deli once and asked for a sandwich with ham and coleslaw.

Guy behind the counter buttered the bread and put a slice of ham on it.

then he gets two great big tubs, one with mayonaise and one with shredded carrot.

he sticks his hand into the tub of mayonnaise......no gloves on.......takes a great big blob of it out......sticks the blob of mayonnaise into the shredded carrot and mixes it in with his bare hand......

then takes spoon and puts some coleslaw on the sandwich.

Actually, if its alright, i think I'll just have a bag of crisps instead.

Reminds me of those imbeciles who make your sandwich wearing those see through gloves thinking they're being all hygienic, only to hand you the food, take your money and give back your change while still wearing the gloves. And then proceed to make the next persons sandwich.

• Advertisement

Mr. Nice wrote: »
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like

Only when I can't want to find the thing outside I left behind mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭schnitzelEater

You need to get yourself a woman.

Schism wrote: »
    Ha! Can we invent a term for the shortest number of replies to having Thatcher mentioned, in the same vein as Godwinning?

Its called Thatcherism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Sync

One time I was go want to do look more like but then I accidentally the bottle of coke so that ruined that. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I don't know what a tracker mortgage is.

Its called Thatcherism.

No, it's Schisming.

• Advertisement

I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It’s just common sense

You need to get yourself a woman.

Men have more than one hole? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

Yeah, their mouth and what you're talking out of.

I once saw a clip of a guy pull an AA duracell battery out of his Jap's Eye. Seriously. I'm not squeamish but that affected me for a while.

Mr Whirly wrote: »
    Yeah, their mouth and what you're talking out of.

Cyberspace?

• Advertisement

Who said anything about men? I thought you meant an inanimate object like a tap or a bike or a car exhaust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Sync

kraggy wrote: »
    I once saw a clip of a guy pull an AA duracell battery out of his Jap's Eye. Seriously. I'm not squeamish but that affected me for a while.

That was part of the "qqqqq" I'm feeling lucky page, sickened that I know that :(:(

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Who said anything about men? I thought you meant an inanimate object like a tap or a bike or a car exhaust.

To do list entries added.

Advertisement