Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironman Registration Opening Dates

Options
  • 12-04-2013 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

How soon after the 2013 race is finished, is a 2014 IM race likely to open for registration? It's Ironman Lanzarote I'd like to enter, and I see this year's event is sold out. I imagine it's similar every year, and I'd be worried about missing out on registration if I wasn't prompt about entering. Or does anyone know if this particular event sells out quickly?

Thanks

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Don't IM events generally open the day after the last one takes place? The popular ones fill very fast. You can always get late slots from Nirvana though (by paying them a deposit for accomodation).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Some open before the event (IMde), some the day after (IMAt), some don't sell out that quickly (IMLanza)

PM Mr Tango, I know he was a late Lanze entrant this year

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Lanza opened in July last year but did not sell out until October I think

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

mloc123 wrote: »
    Lanza opened in July last year but did not sell out until October I think

Anyone feel comfortable taking race entry advice from a lad who missed his A goal cause he didn't enter?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

AFAIK there's still entries available for Lanza and I know of one or two lads looking to offload their entries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

tunney wrote: »
    Anyone feel comfortable taking race entry advice from a lad who missed his A goal cause he didn't enter?

Harsh but true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

AFAIK there's still entries available for Lanza and I know of one or two lads looking to offload their entries.

Thanks, but I'm not looking to do it this year. Good to know it hasn't sold out quickly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

Yeah, +1 to what the others said -- lanza didnt sell out for a few months this year (I entered a few weeks after reg opened).

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr Tango

Yip - me too on Lanza. A few months after it opened. Less than 5 weeks to it this year - gulp!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr Tango

On the other hand - did both Roth and Frankfurt and it is sitting by the computer the day it opens. Think Frankfurt was the day after - they advertise it on their website so just find the one you want to do and keep an eye on it.

Some of them (like Roth) do a later entry. I entered Roth in December - they released 200 spots and charged 50 euro extra with the 50 going to charity.

• Advertisement
Advertisement