Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I think it's the past three days of drinking that has gotten me down to be honest. Why are Kerry festivals just an excuse to get wasted?

Answers on a postcard to The King Puck, Killorglin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I think it's the past three days of drinking that has gotten me down to be honest. Why are Kerry festivals just an excuse to get wasted?

Answers on a postcard to The King Puck, Killorglin

Probably because if everyone wasn't utterly plastered, people might have to actually think about why the bloody hell that goat is in the cage... :pac:

Wnolan, it legitimately is the weirdest festival I've ever ever been to, it is an excuse to get drunk and sure the goat has no craic up in that tower like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Maura, I've had one relationship where I was in Galway and he was in Louth, and I'm in one now (shock, horror, relationship!) where he's in Galway and I'm stuck in Dublin for the next few weeks. It's a cop out, and yer man deserves a slap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Unless one of you is going to a different college which entails an international flight, that's a real bullsh*t excuse not to try make it work...

Well.. :D

• Advertisement

I'm glad to know that I'm not alone in thinking that's a fob off! Sure there's plenty more fish in the sea and all that jazz. Won't panic!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

To give another perspective, I do think it could be a bit fobby offy because if you like someone, why not give it a chance (not everyone thinks like this though). But I dunno, I'm still in the honeymoon phase of my relationship where I'm still finding out nice things I like about my boyfriend and the whole thing is very new and exciting, and when I don't see him for more than a few days I miss him quite a bit. Apparently there's been studies that suggest that the early infatuation part of love has the same effect on your brain as heroin, like you actually become addicted to this person and get withdrawal symptoms; I don't think I'd say that it's quite as extreme as that (though I've never tried heroin so who knows) but it might be on the spectrum.

I guess though I've constantly been used to him living a twenty-minute walk from me since our courting days, and we go to the same college too, so I've never really had to consider it. I feel like it'd be quite hard though if one of us was somewhere else and we could only see each other once every few weeks or something like that, y'know. Perhaps Maura's boy had experience with long distance before and found it hard and has no inclination to try it again, because if so I definitely understand.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Now I wish I could write you a melody so plain
    That could hold you, dear lady, from going insane,
    That could ease you and cool you and cease the pain
    Of your useless and pointless knowledge.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Ooh, this one too.
    I dove in the lake and I swam to the bottom
    And I found me a seat on a rock down there
    And just when I thought I could hear the answers
    I had to come up for air, boy,
    Said I had to come up for air

I'll be happy again in a few hours, honest. :o

Drove to Cork City on my own... All fine until I got to my new house and I conked my car about a million times before I could reverse it into the driveway 😱

• Advertisement

My head hurts, my back hurts, my neck hurts and I just want to curl up into a ball

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭oseia

An File wrote: »
    I'll be happy again in a few hours, honest. :o

Poetry-writing can actually be therapeutic as feck. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Got told something today that has really stabbed me and just when I thought I was over anxiety right back at me. And think it's so bad just willing to end my friendship like its the most important thing to me and I got given out to for it. I just don't know which way to turn. Cause this will mark me for life :(

Final Year is already terrifying and I've anxiety through the roof

Final Year is already terrifying and I've anxiety through the roof

I'm only doing my FYP this year, and it's kinda just set in that if I f*ck this up I literally won't be getting a degree and will effectively have wasted six years of my life and in the region of 35 grand.

So, yeah, Final Year is not fun in terms of stress levels. :P

I actually made it to final year, which in itself is amazing. But I'm petrified I'm gonna screw this up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

The simple advice I can give on final year is just do the work.. and lay off the sauce.

The drink is a curse.

Glad I've got some other people in the same boat! The realities of it all are only kicking in in the last few days and it's scary... The future is now

People stealing my facebook pictures and using them as me. And there's like nothing I can do cause they live in Dublin. And I'm in Clare

Jhcx wrote: »
    People stealing my facebook pictures and using them as me. And there's like nothing I can do cause they live in Dublin. And I'm in Clare

Report the account. Happened to a friend of mine and Facebook had the account shut down within like 2 hours.

• Advertisement

Report the account. Happened to a friend of mine and Facebook had the account shut down within like 2 hours.

Profile isint in facebook. But it has been reported to the service.

Yo, twatbags!

I'm sure it just super hilarious to you when you parked up outside your house, opened all the doors of your car, cranked the radio to top blast and started incessantly honking the horn along to the song for a solid 15 minutes last night at 1am. I'm sure you'll regale your grandchildren with tales of how much of a mad yoke you and your friends were in college.

Just know however, you're a c*nt, and I hope your testicles get eaten by a pack of rabid squirrels.

Lads there are no words to describe how bored I am in work. Please be 8.20 already and I start working already. Hate this sitting around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

My cat is dying if not already dead :(

HugsiePie wrote: »
    My cat is dying if not already dead :(

Really sorry to hear that. :(

How old is he/she?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Really sorry to hear that. :(

How old is he/she?

13, we've had her for 12 :( like I know thats old for a cat but it kinda sucks. She was kinda an evil cat tbh but I loved her </3

HugsiePie wrote: »
    13, we've had her for 12 :( like I know thats old for a cat but it kinda sucks. She was kinda an evil cat tbh but I loved her </3

Yeah, I know them feelz.

We had a cat for like 15+ years, and she went through the transition from completely wild kitten who'd run at the sight of you to the most affectionate cat ever. We've had loads of cats down through the years (massive farm = source of milk + rats = wild cats = eventually pet cats) but she was one of the only ones that would literally curl up in your lap and go to sleep for like hours if you'd let her. Not easy watching her in her last few months though, sleeping more, disoriented a lot of the time... eventually she just wandered off one day and didn't return.

Like, we've had other ones since that have died through accidents (machinery + silly kitty = dead kitty), but still the one above was way sadder because there was just a sense of inevitability about it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Colm?

Yo, twatbags!

forgetting which thread I was in, and seeing this sentence in isolation, made me think I was here for The Day Wnolan Snapped.

Wnolan snapped?

• Advertisement

My life is so fcked up. Don't know where to go can't hide and my rock won't take me back. Next three years are going to be a nightmare providing I see them through :(

Advertisement