Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭MissD93

I've to work tonight :mad: ugh its a bank holiday i'm meant to be the other side of the bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I hate you for putting me into this position. I hate you for not pulling away like you promised. I hate myself for being weak. And I hate myself for doing what I did last time.

I'm too damn broken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

shifted this guy, left my friend and now she hates me forever"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

So, I'm single for the 1st time in 2 and a half years....gulp.

So, I'm single for the 1st time in 2 and a half years....gulp.

<3

Booked accommodation yesterday morning. Got a message today that someone has a spare room. SERIOUSLY WORLD?

• Advertisement

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    <3

Booked accommodation yesterday morning. Got a message today that someone has a spare room. SERIOUSLY WORLD?

What do I dooo?!

Also, where? I'm in Gort!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

shifted this guy, left my friend and now she hates me forever"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Out of interest were you at a 21st last night?

What do I dooo?!

Also, where? I'm in Gort!

I'm terminally single and currently have boy troubles. Don't ask me!

I'm in Centrepoint. Managed to get a twin single occupancy so I'm happy out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Stopped watching H&A for a few weeks. managed to catch up on RTE player but now im totally lost online there is a whole month missing and 2 has decided to go on a fcking summer holiday. Eh Hello to fck like?

Also in other devastating news my charger for my phone is about to break.... it just gets worse doesnt it.

Single,phoneless,homeless it just keeps going on....

Boys are difficult to understand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Boys are difficult to understand.

ahahahaa

ahahahaa

At least most (decent) girls will help guys understand girls. I just get "I dunno"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

At least most (decent) girls will help guys understand girls. I just get "I dunno"

k well what's the problem, since I'm a decent (snirk snirk) guy

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

k well what's the problem, since I'm a decent (snirk snirk) guy

Lol at our most helpful resident

Considering it's now sorted, thanks for the offer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

so my holiday request at work got denied, bye bye electric picnic. sad times

should have went to indiependence instead.

so my holiday request at work got denied, bye bye electric picnic. sad times

should have went to indiependence instead.

Heres a quick note for most. Companies are mean mean people. In fact accountants are really the mean mean people. 99% of the time your holiday request will be denied especially in this recession. Anything usually over your day off will be locked up and thrown away. its a sad fact but its one of the reasons to stay at home under your covers and live off the tax payer. :pac: i joke i joke. i love my job. just not the non holiday part. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

the company i'm with is fairly decent about it. any day off i try to book they usually look after me. I just left it too late i think, 3 people beat me to booking the week so they can't give another person that week. at a loss of when to book now Are there any festivals left after picnic?

the company i'm with is fairly decent about it. any day off i try to book they usually look after me. I just left it too late i think, 3 people beat me to booking the week so they can't give another person that week. at a loss of when to book now Are there any festivals left after picnic?

Group therapy in the UK is in October

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

superquinn turning to supervalu :(
    bye bye superquinn sausages and doughnuts.

the devastation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

the devastation.

Apparently they're keeping the sausages.

My only memories of Superquinn were when we used go Christmas shopping when I was <10. IIRC they used to have a huge wall of toys that I loved, massive train sets and things.

the devastation.

Thought supervalu was dead. If anything will be Spar. for ages spar never existed in Ennis or Clare for that matter. Then one day a business man brought the SPAR brand to town. Now their opening up feckin everywhere. Ehm... Im not complaining i love spar. but like soon there will be no competition. :pac:

Just bring back Quinnsworth

Feargal Quinn gave me my first toy. Trufax. Mam worked for Superquinn at the time, he found out she'd had a girl, he gave me my rag doll that I still have.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Adding to the work woes, I asked for two days off for the Rose of Tralee fez two weeks ago and he said no because I didn't give "enough" notice. I gave a month's notice and was never told when I started working that I had to give SO much notice. If I knew that, I would've asked back in June :( And my boyfriend was going to come down from Clare and stay for all the days. Wah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Adding to the work woes, I asked for two days off for the Rose of Tralee fez two weeks ago and he said no because I didn't give "enough" notice. I gave a month's notice and was never told when I started working that I had to give SO much notice. If I knew that, I would've asked back in June :( And my boyfriend was going to come down from Clare and stay for all the days. Wah.
    Call in sick for a couple of days? They'll probably guess you're lying but they can't prove you're not ill. It's mental to expect people to book two days off months in advance, if it was me I'd want to take them off out of spite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Lawliet wrote: »
    Call in sick for a couple of days? They'll probably guess you're lying but they can't prove you're not ill. It's mental to expect people to book two days off months in advance, if it was me I'd want to take them off out of spite
    I wouldn't recommend that, if it was someone working for me that'd really lower my estimation of them tbh. Best policy is to learn from it and move on.

Palytoxin wrote: »
    I wouldn't recommend that, if it was someone working for me that'd really lower my estimation of them tbh. Best policy is to learn from it and move on.
    It depends on how much you care about their opinion, but personally I'm firm believer in drawing the line if an employer is being unreasonable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Tbh I wouldn't call that unreasonable. Someone else could have booked those days off before then. Some places are weird about giving time off, where I work we've to give a month's notice at least if we want any days off, and even then it's not guaranteed. I know it's a pain in the áss but most company's are a pain in the áss :P

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Tbh I wouldn't call that unreasonable. Someone else could have booked those days off before then. Some places are weird about giving time off, where I work we've to give a month's notice at least if we want any days off, and even then it's not guaranteed. I know it's a pain in the áss but most company's are a pain in the áss :P
    A months notice is reasonable, and not getting that time off if others have booked it is also fair enough, but (granted I don't know the full story) that doesn't seem to be the case here.

• Advertisement

If it's Tralee during the Rose though? Like I work in Galway, and it's an unwritten rule that you don't look for time off during race week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

I have a wisdom tooth coming up and it's super sore. My gum is swollen too and it hurts a little to talk. But I don't wanna get it taken out. Dammm :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Just quit your jobs. Money is overrated. Life is so much easier when you can sleep til noon every day and go to bed at 2am...

/runs and cries

I've a repeat in two hours and I'm gonna fail

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭MissD93

:(last night at work one of the managers asked me to get two baby guinesses for himself and his friend, i didn't know what they were and attemped pulling guiness into shot glasses, i was hoping he would forget but just went into work there to pick up my wages and hes telling all the regulars

I love Baby Guinness. Hope you know how to make one now?

I terrible fcking news i broke the internet. yes... I fcked up my router. i broke the firmware. gonna cost me €25 just to get the firmware put back on. FFFFF just want to strangle a tree. Thankfully. THANKFULLY!!! i had a spare dsl.. im being very drastic but i would be close to a coffin if i didnt come up with a solution fast.. worst 2 days off ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

You would get a new router for 25.

You would get a new router for 25.

I know but... i only bought in last year. and because every netgear file i download keeps corrupting i just said it would be easier. considering i paid 100 quid for it because i like expensive things cheap routers usually end up in me toasting them.

How did you break the firmware?

How did you break the firmware?

was updating it. went to check my wep code and came back and it stopped. red light came on. bit stupid on my part. thats like shutting your computer down while installing VI updates :pac:

Planning on attempting to fill the void in my life next semester with Alcohol, Drugs and Girls.

/drama

• Advertisement

Planning on attempting to fill the void in my life next semester with Alcohol, Drugs and Girls.

/drama

Its always good to have a plan laid out.

Its always good to have a plan laid out.

My thoughts exactly :)

/drama

I will drag you into making the right decisions.

/drama

Sadly i agree with all 3 items there. Which i shouldnt. girls are so last week. :pac: :D nah i kid i kid. but its like im forever talking to my nan about weed, grass, pot and LSD. Why my gran knows more things about drugs than i do.. i havent got those answers. But as Jb once said Never say never. and as i say Always try everything once(there is a footnote with that) and im gonna go back for seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I had thought about doing this but as Palytoxin counted out, I'd be really afraid they'd cop it and I'm a real people pleaser and don't like the thought of it being thrown back in my face.
    Palytoxin wrote: »
    It depends on how much you care about their opinion, but personally I'm firm believer in drawing the line if an employer is being unreasonable.
    Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    A months notice is reasonable, and not getting that time off if others have booked it is also fair enough, but (granted I don't know the full story) that doesn't seem to be the case here.
    If it's Tralee during the Rose though? Like I work in Galway, and it's an unwritten rule that you don't look for time off during race week.

There's enough cover for a normal week no doubt but I think my boss thinks because it's festival week that it'll be way busier. I dunno. I'm just annoyed that he basically said I should've asked earlier, when I was never ever told the routine re. asking for days off. Le sigh. :(

Jhcx wrote: »
    Sadly i agree with all 3 items there. Which i shouldnt. girls are so last week. :pac: :D nah i kid i kid. but its like im forever talking to my nan about weed, grass, pot and LSD. Why my gran knows more things about drugs than i do.. i havent got those answers. But as Jb once said Never say never. and as i say Always try everything once(there is a footnote with that) and im gonna go back for seconds.

Haha your gran sounds epic! LSD sounds interesting? I've only ventured to yokes (E) and weed, lots and lots of weed last year. More of the same this year it would seem. I'm also newly single so girls shall be new ground for me in college!
    I will drag you into making the right decisions.

I fear I may be too far gone :P How did your exam go by the way?

I fear I may be too far gone :P How did your exam go by the way?

See replace girls with boys and that was my feelings last year, pretty much. Although less drugs and more alcohol. Yay for vodka! Not anymore though :)

Tort was alright. Emailed Ursula three weeks ago, she was bloody out of office for the month before the exam. Grr.

See replace girls with boys and that was my feelings last year, pretty much. Although less drugs and more alcohol. Yay for vodka! Not anymore though :)

Tort was alright. Emailed Ursula three weeks ago, she was bloody out of office for the month before the exam. Grr.

Last year it was just Alcohol and Drugs. Now it's Girls, Drugs and Alcohol, in that order!! And a little bit of law for good measure. ;)

Sigh, next year should be crazy or depressing.

Ah, should be grand, contract is the b*tch! I'm actually really looking forward to picking my electives :D

Last year it was just Alcohol and Drugs. Now it's Girls, Drugs and Alcohol, in that order!! And a little bit of law for good measure. ;)

Sigh, next year should be crazy or depressing.

Ah, should be grand, contract is the b*tch! I'm actually really looking forward to picking my electives :D

Ha, mine was alcohol and boys. I'm too much of a pussy. :L

I've two days of working where I just sit down and do nothing, so contract *should* be ok. Should be, anyway. I'm annoyed to do it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Work is really wearing me down at the moment. I've done 50 hours a week for the last 2 months straight, tonight was the quietest night this week and still did 80 covers. I'm beginning to feel cut off from my friends who all have 9-5 jobs. I basically have no contact with the outside world, when I wake up everyone is in work and when I get home everyone is in bed. I can count on one hand the amount of times I've been out this year, I haven't seen my boyfriend in ages, my best friend in even longer. It sucks, I love what I do but I'm just not sure about my new job. The work is great, I'm doing well I just don't feel the same way as a I did in my last job. Basically, I'm kinda lonely and fúcking exhausted. I'll probably feel better in the morning after I good sleep...

• Advertisement
Advertisement