Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

I want to go on a date with someone other than my daddddd

Join one of those app sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

There was an episode of The Simpsons just on about exactly that. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

I want to go on a date with someone full stop :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I want to go on a date with someone full stop :(

Hmmm... :pac:

An File wrote: »
    Hmmm... :pac:

Feck it.

Maura, where are you from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

BOARDS COUPLE YEAH

Macavity. wrote: »
    So this girl I know is always initiating conversation with me via snapchat and the like yet then when we start messaging she just seems really cold with me and sort of doesn't really contribute to the conversation at all. She sometimes sends shots of her cleavage and stuff as well. I just don't get why she's giving all these mixed signals and part of me is thinking she is perhaps attention whoring and I should just bale because I've had enough of that in the past.

But then again maybe she just does not know what to say as she is sort of shy in real life and I sense she is lacking in experience with men. :confused: Due to it being Summer I will not see her again until the college year starts and we had sort of made plans to do something but now I am not so sure. :/

Hold on. A girl's sending you pics of her cleavage, and you're posting it in aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh?

Get your ass into yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh right now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Hold on. A girl's sending you pics of your cleavage, and you're posting it in aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh?

If she was sending pics of my cleavage I most definitely would be posting in aaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhh.

If she was sending pics of my cleavage I most definitely would be posting in aaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhh.

I was tired when I posted that, mixed with the fury that you were complaining about getting cleavage pics just made me lose my typing skills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Feck it.

..and Maura was never heard from again

• Advertisement

3500 photos i have all decided to attach themselves to the phone memory rather than the SD card like any normal phone would allow and now i have no way of transferring them to the sd card. way to go sony. i love you but you do make simple tasks so difficult.

marko93 wrote: »
    ..and Maura was never heard from again

h7AC33A3C

Disaster. So the laptop crashed and gave me the blue screen while transferring photos great. So moved to the desktop which is now ironically out of memory and pointless of me adding photos onto it seen as I'll have to reformat the hard drive because the main partition used is too small. 100/300 GB so know I've lost track of all my photos my phone keeps pulling up old images from start if the year because I finally managed to pull to sd card. This is just a natural disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Feck it.

Kerry. Is this a date?

Kerry. Is this a date?

Disclaimer: Generally I find Republic of Telly grossly unfunny, but the first time I saw this it just cracked me up.

Kerry. Is this a date?

Ara sure why not!

Mayo and Kerry, oh the rivalry! You could meet each other at the match. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Is this a first for the C&H forum? Certainly in my time here!

Mayo and Kerry, oh the rivalry! You could meet each other at the match. :pac:

That actually is such a hilarious idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

It might be the first date actually concieved in a thread but I'm pretty sure there's been other C&H couples... :P

• Advertisement

How do you guys get over something really stupid and embarrassing you did drunk 4 months ago, said incident has had no real negative effect on anyone but possibly made things awkward. Also, who the fuck waits 4 months to tell you this, why bring it up at all? :mad:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It might be the first date actually concieved in a thread but I'm pretty sure there's been other C&H couples... :P

I think we had 5 couples at the same time for a while, back around 2009/10. :o

Also, who the fuck waits 4 months to tell you this, why bring it up at all? :mad:

Spite. Vengeance. A grudge. Being a general dick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

:eek: I always thought you and CTYI... were... y'know... "courting"...

Sexually.

:P
    An File wrote: »
    I think we had 5 couples at the same time for a while, back around 2009/10. :o

Bet the meetups back then were... interesting....

Sexually.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Saster123

everytime i try to bring up the poor teaching in my school all the teachers on the forum gang up on me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I'm in such a weird frame of mind at the moment or,well, this whole week I guess. I don't even have the vocabulary to elaborate, just plain weird. Listening to ridiculous music and watching ridiculous films and in general feeling absolutely ridiculous. And this is only slightly related to above emotions, but this day last year I was at my debs and tomorrow last year I was getting my results and I actually cannot even comprehend how different everything was back then. Not even in a bad way, just in a who-was-that-person-and-what-life-was-that kind of way, it may as well have been six years ago. I feel so detached from that life. /ramble ramble ramble

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    :eek: I always thought you and CTYI... were... y'know... "courting"...

Sexually.

:P

NO. Just...no. Nope.

I am facepalming so hard right now you have no idea.

I thought ye were too being honest :D

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    NO. Just...no. Nope.

Ooh, facepalm.

Sexual.

• Advertisement

NO. Just...no. Nope.

Bahaha, well at least try to hide your disgust :P

But come on wnolan, the amount of sh*t I post about my girl troubles (or used to at least, no girl troubles for a long time now :D ) it would frankly be quite insulting to be posting that in CTYIs face had it been about her!

Ooh, facepalm.

Sexual.

Weird fetish dude...
    Bahaha, well at least try to hide your disgust :P

But come on wnolan, the amount of sh*t I post about my girl troubles (or used to at least, no girl troubles for a long time now :D ) it would frankly be quite insulting to be posting that in CTYIs face had it been about her!

Oh I never thought ye were dating...

;)

And with that, my 2.5 year plan to turn C&H into an offshoot of the Sex and Sexuality forum is complete. I'd like to thank Pigwidgeon for facilitating this devious plan by stepping down as mod at the time. :P

Does anyone else who lives rurally feel very isolated? I can't wait to go back to college.

Does anyone else who lives rurally feel very isolated? I can't wait to go back to college.

The sooner I have my full license and car the better. I'm slowly going insane.

I split my time between Dublin and Galway and I feel isolated. It's the whole being away from friends thing, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Hate the way all my closest friends have become complete stoners over the summer, and since I don't do any of that, I never get asked to anything anymore :(

• Advertisement

I'd say you're both better off. :pac:

pajor wrote: »
    I'd say you're both better off. :pac:

Hey, there ain't nothing wrong with a highly functioning stoner :pac:

Hey, there ain't nothing wrong with a highly functioning stoner :pac:

A valid point. :p

My point being that it's not worth it to surround yourself with dickheads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

pajor wrote: »
    A valid point. :p

My point being that it's not worth it to surround yourself with dickheads.

They all complain about having no money or how they mightn't be able to go to afford college next year, yet have no trouble spending around €50 a week each on the stuff

They all complain about having no money or how they mightn't be able to go to afford college next year, yet have no trouble spending around €50 a week each on the stuff

It sucks that they don't invite you to do stuff. One of my friends doesn't smoke so he just joins us and laughs at us instead, it works.

• Advertisement

It sucks that they don't invite you to do stuff. One of my friends doesn't smoke so he just joins us and laughs at us instead, it works.

I can't imagine that's much fun for him though. :P

I can't imagine that's much fun for him though. :P

I duno, I'd say it's hilarious. I get really into my music so I always stick on some Beatles, you should hear me sing Lovely Rita off the Sgt Peppers album, it's frickin terrible and yet hilarious :D

But in all serious, I see ye're point, especially if it's a constant thing. I'd hate that.

A quarter bottle of vodka, 4 cansisters of coke who will run dry first.... Let's begin

Obvs if the vodka wins we need not worry emergency stash in the room. But guess I'll have to have milk and vodka.

This was not tonight agenda but I didn't need that snapchat.... *insert angry face here *

My cousin died in a car crash yesterday and my parents didn't tell me till after my exam...fcuk.

Friend of mine constantly complains about being broke, yet manages to go out every Friday. Some people just like being the victim.

On the not being invited thing, if you like these people then I'd suggest try hanging out with them while they're smoking if you don't have a major problem with it. Like, just because you don't smoke doesn't mean you can't hang out and have a laugh. It's the same as not drinking. You've just got to not be a judgmental prick about it, y'know?

Personally, I couldn't be around drunks if I was sober, but I'd have no problem hanging out with people smoking.
    My cousin died in a car crash yesterday and my parents didn't tell me till after my exam...fcuk.

Ah jaysus that's awful. :\

Were ye close?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

So sorry to hear that CTYIgirl, that's really awful, hope you're doing OK. :(

Damn CTYI, that sucks :(

My condolences CTYI.

Thanks guys <3 just a shock like. Ye're the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

In three years of working this job, today was definitely one of the most stressful,tiring shifts I've put down.Sitting on the bus home now with a thousand yard stare.
    I need some whiskey, or a hug or a basket of puppies

• Advertisement
Advertisement