Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

We've all been there. You want to convey a feeling but you don't know exactly how and typing it all out will take 2-3 hours, or reply to someone in a simple yet amusing style.

So how do you do it in one simple .gif? Well the truth is you need a resource of varied gifs on tap. I have 200+ stored in an Imgur account for easy access and then I can use reddit for topping up when the moment is right. Sometimes one gif isn't enough. 3-4 gifs can convey a story very quickly and enhance an emotion without 100 additional unnecessary words potentially detracting from the emotion and adding vagueness into the mix. However, it is best to stick with one that you feel gets your message across best.

So lets use an example. Say for example a girl you liked posted on facebook about how she met with another guy or 2 over the weekend. You're upset. Heartbroken. Angry. That's a lot of emotion to convey. How do we do this?

Well first, let's list the emotions we'd like to convey:
    • Sadness
    • Heartbroken
    • Anger

Now let's order them in importance:
    1. Heartbroken
    2. Anger
    3. Sadness

So what gifs do we use?

Well we can go with the popular and well known options:

Lisa breaking Ralphs heart:
    tumblr_li7btnp1XI1qbtchoo1_400.gif

Nick Offerman throwing out his computer:
    XnWL4F4.gif

David Tennant in the rain:
    dKFyOlr.gif

And famous as of late, the frowning baby:
    gx2el6Z.gif

Now all these are perfectly acceptable for the job, heartbroken, anger, and sadness. However, the last two convey the same message, so we can leave out one of these. I would keep the David Tennant option as it conveys being alone, outside of her love triangle, and not at the heart of the action, whereas the frowning baby would be more suitable if the girl directly rejected you.

There are more obsure gifs out there that can also do the job aswell. Sometimes better, sometimes the same or worse but it is a welcome change compared to constantly seeing the 4 above used all the time.

Here are some examples:

jJ964o3.gif

Of8SwEB.gif

5H30L.gif

nh9FIcw.gif

Which one would I pick? This one:

jJ964o3.gif

Why?

It shows the sadness extremely well. The man is curled up in the foetal position crying out. The fact he's in a corner portrays the loneliness he feels right now. Yes anger is left out, but it conveys the overall situation and emotions that were necessary for a reader to comprehend the situation.

So there is a little tutorial on how to best use gifs when the situation arises. :)

And this totally isn't in reply to a certain post in yaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Good old Geoff. ^

I allowed my sleeping pattern get all messed up. I've felt like a Walking Dead extra all week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

All of these could of worked too PBJ <3

PWu1nsM.gif
    0YPziGA.gif
    reVgzvz.gif
    CqfEwxe.gif
    PCashOc.gif
    VPfgyhx.gif
    eqdu9KP.gif
    PkVklbX.gif
    aayIjLT.gif
    uPCHJck.gif
    em4cmIs.gif
    TKqn0CV.gif
    4L6Fe.gif
    yVpbvw9.jpg
    j7hJLsC.gif

I see you are already taking my advice onboard young grasshopper.

126003-karate-kid-mr-miyagi-smiling-g-N4UQ.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

My iTunes works fine. Then I plug my iPod in and it freezes up. My iPod memory is full so I was trying to take off some bands and put on other ones and it just gets insanely slow and makes it impossible. It's also saying that it's 20 gigs over capacity which just makes no sense.

Anyone experience this before? :( I wonder would formatting my iPod make a difference? Although I really don't want to have to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

My iTunes works fine. Then I plug my iPod in and it freezes up. My iPod memory is full so I was trying to take off some bands and put on other ones and it just gets insanely slow and makes it impossible. It's also saying that it's 20 gigs over capacity which just makes no sense.

Anyone experience this before? :( I wonder would formatting my iPod make a difference? Although I really don't want to have to do that.

Use something like PodTrans to take music off it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Delete the facebook app and reinstall it. Mine was using something like 4gb of cache.

pajor wrote: »
    Use something like PodTrans to take music off it.
    CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Delete the facebook app and reinstall it. Mine was using something like 4gb of cache.

Thanks guys will try both of these when I get home from work. iTunes is an absolute pain at the best of times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Macavity. wrote: »
    How do you guys get over something really stupid and embarrassing you did drunk 4 months ago, said incident has had no real negative effect on anyone but possibly made things awkward. Also, who the fuck waits 4 months to tell you this, why bring it up at all? :mad:

Don't worry about it, my friend found out after 6 months that we were at a work party, she broke the toilet seat off with her big fat arse and walked around with it over her head.

• Advertisement

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Don't worry about it, my friend found out after 6 months that we were at a work party, she broke the toilet seat off with her big fat arse and walked around with it over her head.

Oh sweet jesus that's epic :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

SarahBeep! wrote: »

How were there no pictures to document this? :D There's something about work parties that bring out the drunkenness in people, our Christmas party last year stems to mind, me being the winner...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

This happened the end of September.We then went to an Irish pub belong to the girl who's house it was and her Auntie was like 'So which one of you Irish girls was the one that broke the toilet??' and was laughing and my friend had NO IDEA it was her!

HILARIOUS

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

My boss is acting like such a prick at the moment so despite the scarf, free buns and how much I love the girls I work with, I'm going sending a CV out to try get a job in Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Was ment to go to Galway hang with a friend but they made other plans. Now stuck at home all dressed up

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Hope you told said friend what they can go do to themselves. I hate it when people do that.

They thought I was going somewhere so made other plans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I am all sniffly post ice bucket challenge :(

It feels like there's a spiked balloon inflating behind my eye and nose. It appears I'm inheriting my grandad's migraines. Yay genetics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

Physiology repeat exam tomorrow at 9.30am. As if that wasn't bad enough, there's heavy rain forecast for tomorrow coinciding with the Irish Rail strike, so the traffic will be chaotic and buses jam-packed, so I have to get up ridiculously early. GAAAHHH :(

Bourke's bar in town closed down. I feel like a part of me has died. :(:(

The mother of all hangovers is upon me. Bleuh. I hate work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭MissD93

boys are stupid and wrong and horrible and so are girls ugh my life would be easier if i was the only one in exsistance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

It feels like there's a spiked balloon inflating behind my eye and nose. It appears I'm inheriting my grandad's migraines. Yay genetics.

Bit late, but that sounds like it could be an eye pressure problem.. I'd get that checked out if I were you :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

MissD93 wrote: »
    boys are stupid and wrong and horrible and so are girls ugh my life would be easier if i was the only one in exsistance
    Nobody is perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Nobody is perfect.

I am.

:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

MissD93 wrote: »

Yea I hate girls and boys are nearly always really really stupid, im in the process of being convinced otherwise right now but the doubts remain

It's not our fault we're stupid. :(

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I am.

:)
    Hi Mr./Mrs/Miss Perfect!

I feel naturally compelled to agree with you of course.. but whose fault is it then? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Was meant to be going to the canaries for 9 days but I can't now because of the bf's new job so we've lost out on £300 which could have been put towards our deposit. Pooh.

Stupid. Fcuking. Family

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭MissD93

well i need someone to blame and i guess the male population will have to do,

Failed two of my repeats. So I'm repeating both semesters. And I hate this.

Do you have to repeat the full semester or can you just repeat those modules you failed?

Repeating modules != Fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

what about carrying/compensation?

what about carrying/compensation?

I had to repeat second semester anyway, this just means that I have to do four hours a week in first too. This is gonna be fun.

deise_girl wrote: »
    Yea I hate girls and boys are nearly always really really stupid, im in the process of being convinced otherwise right now but the doubts remain

Like how can boys just always be stupid hgeriogherghteghtgh9gthgio
    Not even in a bad/mean way now but im actually not able

And this is why lads are going gay. The pressures faced upon them from women. Lol. Not all lads are just select few are bit simple

Jhcx wrote: »
    And this is why lads are going gay. The pressures faced upon them from women. Lol. Not all lads are just select few are bit simple
    I disagree with that statement. The consquences of them turning from straight to gay is more pressure than you think!

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    I disagree with that statement. The consquences of them turning from straight to gay is more pressure than you think!

It was a joke and I know all about it.

• Advertisement

54115578.jpg

It's because girls expect guys to pick up on subtle little signals all the time, and then get mad when they don't.

"Ugh, he's so stupid, I mean, I blinked at him four times in a row, how wasn't it clear that I desperately love him and want to spend the rest of my life with him? I mean, I don't know what else I can do!"
    "Have you tried... talking to him?"
    "What are you f*cking insane?"

It's because girls expect guys to pick up on subtle little signals all the time, and then get mad when they don't.

"Ugh, he's so stupid, I mean, I blinked at him four times in a row, how wasn't it clear that I desperately love him and want to spend the rest of my life with him? I mean, I don't know what else I can do!"

This is why this picture exists...

Funny-Images-5311.jpg

It was a joke and I know all about it.
    Heh sorry :P

No that actually isn't it heh.. More why has everything gone crazy intense after something small enough and hi what even led to it? Just gonna have to be some single slut for life tbh not able for anything more

My body,personality is available Monday to Saturday.seriously what are you looking for that your not spelling in black and white. Some guys aren't stupid just picky. But when your playing those cards I'm not understanding why lads won't jump at the idea of getting into bed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭alaskayoung

I have such an intense fear of rejection. Just moved to a new school to repeat my leaving cert, don't know anyone, really desperate to make friends but whenever an opportunity rises I just literally run away. I'm so terrified that they will wonder why I'm trying to hang out with them or not want to talk to me. So frustrated with myself. I'm even scared of posting here in case you guys don't want me :P Ugh.

So my Desktop has got a virus that tries to install but cant and avast keeps informing to boot time scan thing six times is enough. and my phone is telling me theres no space left yet theres 27.29gb available. wtf is going on

So my Desktop has got a virus that tries to install but cant and avast keeps informing to boot time scan thing six times is enough. and my phone is telling me theres no space left yet theres 27.29gb available. wtf is going on

Go to Avast! and do a full scan, not just the quick scan. Do the boot time scan again. Install MalwareBytes and scan using that.

With the phone, is it your SD card or the internal phone memory that's the problem? If it's the SD card, it could be corrupted and might need to be formatted. Wouldn't really be 100% on this though.

done both with avast. but still comes up c/user/tempapp/installxxxxx file line corrupt and so on. i'll solve it. i'll probably just rewind the clocks back to a previous install and the problem will be solved. So guys with that i will warn you all to stay away from WPS Office 2014 Beta 3. thats where my viruses came in. from the trusted site and all.

as for the phone. i cant make head nor tale the sd is empty the phone memory is supposed to be empty yet tells me there is no room. strange.

People are too judgemental and will never understand who i am for what i am.
    http://goo.gl/SIBo8H

• Advertisement
Advertisement