Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Work have sent me to Westport again.
    three more days of rain and intermittent internet access.
    I think if Hell turns out to be real. It'll look like Mayo.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Have a spin out to Cong Abbey one of the days if it's any way bright. A few minutes by the stream there is like a little taste of paradise.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

I hate that as I'm getting older, I'm getting increasingly cynical about people. I want to trust. I don't want to play games and I don't want to be constantly worried! Feckin' life.
    There's a lot to be said for a little naivety.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

You watch where you're insulting young man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

Cawcheen wrote: »
    I hate that as I'm getting older, I'm getting increasingly cynical about people. I want to trust. I don't want to play games and I don't want to be constantly worried! Feckin' life.

I feel ya: I've had about three existential crises this year alone.

I long for ignorance, it's much cosier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

You're very lucky, Westport is one of the nicest spots in the country tbh. Mayo generally not great though, admittedly.
    Cawcheen wrote: »

I'm the same, but I was born cynical. :pac: My cynicism has been all too accurate in most cases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Got the 6.45am bus to Galway this morning. Bus arrives late because of a crash on the motorway coming into Galway, so I have to sprint across the city to get to college. AND THEN MY LECTURES FOR THE DAY ARE CANCELLED. All of them. Every. Single. One. I am not a happy camper.

You watch where you're insulting young man.

So work left me off early today. What's there to do here of an evening that'd change my opinion. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Driving myself crazy trying to decide my career. Is General Aviation considered a career like medical where you can branch out into a unique section? I know in my heart its where i want to be. But cant decide if its on the ground or in the air, In the front or down the back, front of house or back of house. Do a ppl or not. Need to stop looking at other careers and focus on this aviation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Jhcx wrote: »
    But cant decide if its on the ground or in the air, In the front or down the back, front of house or back of house. Do a ppl or not. Need to stop looking at other careers and focus on this aviation.

There's always something like this.
    http://www.dit.ie/study/undergraduate/programmes/dt011/#d.en.49884

pajor wrote: »

Thanks ya I've been looking at that. But don't think I'm ready to move back to Dublin. If course was in limerick perfect. It's actually a pity that near all aviation Courses are in Dublin

Thanks ya I've been looking at that. But don't think I'm ready to move back to Dublin. If course was in limerick perfect. It's actually a pity that near all aviation Courses are in Dublin

I just know of that one cos it was in the same school as my course. Are there no aviation courses in CIT?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

So, I'm in Final Year Law and now I think I might want to do a Post-Grad in IT...this makes things confusing.

I want to cry. This week has been crap, and all I want is a hot bath, something pretty to crochet and my nana. Not all at once, because that would be weird. ARGH

pajor wrote: »
    I just know of that one cos it was in the same school as my course. Are there no aviation courses in CIT?

Ya I was in DIT Bolton st. Know some lads who graduating From the course this year. Problem I have with DIT is the unattractive commuting and lack of student accommodation

• Advertisement

Ya I was in DIT Bolton st. Know some lads who graduating From the course this year. Problem I have with DIT is the unattractive commuting and lack of student accommodation

We're survivors. :pac:

I would love to know what braniac decided that the space bar on a smartphone should occupy the space directly above the home button. I've been trying to write the same message here on fb for ten minutes. Keep accidentally closing the app.

Fup you designer person!

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I have been feeling under so much stress in the last month and I am hitting a low point that I came home from a 9-6pm day to drink a can of Bulmers because the thought of the bitch can in my fridge was the only thing getting me through the day and to turn around and go back to the library to study all night for my exam tomorrow.
    Beginning to get those blues again.

Why is working so hard. Apparently I have an attitude problem. I'm sorry I'm scared shiless of loosing my job and put on a brave face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

So next week is my last week in my job. I've never been so uncertain of a big decision before. While the last 6 months have been really tough on me physically and mentally I've also had so much fun and had the time of my life. I've also made some amazing friends, I think that's what I'm most afraid of losing, but for once in my life I need to put me and my relationship first. Agh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

minor argh

specifically said 'leave some length on top' may as well have gotten a buzz cut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I willingly signed up for an extra set of exams that I probably should have strated actually studying for a month ago at least. I'm actually drowning in the amount of work I've to fo hetween staying on top of essays and stuff for this year as well as tryin to go back over practically all of last year's too. Goodbye life for the next two moths.

bluejay14 wrote: »
    I willingly signed up for an extra set of exams that I probably should have strated actually studying for a month ago at least. I'm actually drowning in the amount of work I've to fo hetween staying on top of essays and stuff for this year as well as tryin to go back over practically all of last year's too. Goodbye life for the next two moths.

those poor moths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

LoveLamps wrote: »
    those poor moths

Ah you know what I mean. Clearly my mind is gone already. Great.

My phone keeps ringing. Go away world. It's too early for your nonsense. You shall be ignored.
    I'm too cosy and apathetic today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

So I got 6/20% on offer for an assignment today.

I should have 14/20.

The lecturer is using automatic test cases to test our answers and if your output is off in any way (literally, if you've an extra space in a line or different formatting in any way) you lose the marks.

I need to try and calm myself before emailing him...

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭MissD93

Fudge men fudge everyone, i'm moving to the swiss alps and becoming a celibate hermit, bye boards

MissD93 wrote: »
    Fudge men fudge everyone, i'm moving to the swiss alps and becoming a celibate hermit, bye boards

At least you have boys, I've become celibate and not out of my accord.

I'm so tired and my feet hurt and work is hard.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Im so bad at college, I either cant do any of my work or cant make myself do any of it :(
    When did it all get so hard tbh I used be a good student

• Advertisement

The Christmas music has started at work. :/ Sooner January arrives the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

The Christmas music has started at work. :/ Sooner January arrives the better.

I say Bahumbug to you all and whilst I and my fellow grinches unite

HugsiePie wrote: »
    I say Bahumbug to you all and whilst I and my fellow grinches unite

BAHUMBUG!!!!!!

I'm working my 21st...I was meant to go out the night before...life sucks.

Think my new iphone I just got is faulty, soooooooooo annoying urgh

That is a very common problem with the iphone 6. friend has his 24hrs and it broke stopped working.. took 2 weeks for replacement

Ye deserve it for buying an iPhone tbh.

Its a 5 but the speakers on it are so dodge.. Theyll work sometimes but not always and sometimes if they do work theyre so fuzzy..

Nare a problem if I use headphones? :confused:

wnolan1992 wrote: »

Ohhhh controversial :pac:

• Advertisement

Thats harsh man. some people cant handle the basic complexity of android and other os' . Thats why apple are still alive thanks to their extreme simpliness*

*Note the sarcasm

. Thats why apple are still alive thanks to their extreme simpliness*

Apple are still alive because they are great at capitalism. In all it's morally reprehensible and ruthless methods.

Not that Any of the other companies are any better. But none of them had as face punchable a CEO as Jobs

Sheep man. there all a bunch of sheep

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Let the exam stress and inevitable burnout begin :mad:

I am both living and dreading next week. First time we ever had semesterisation and I honestly don't think I've copped onto the fact that we have exams in like 10 days time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I still don't think I'm used to how college can make me feel so average at times. I used to be one of the smart kids. :(

• Advertisement

I'm about to sound like an ungrateful bitch but I'm having a dinner for my 21st tonight, but I don't want to go because loads of my friends have bailed.

I'm getting slightly overwhelmed with the array of options available for next year.

Masters in Ireland? Masters in a foreign country? Which country? What Masters? Screw the Masters and go working? Go working for a year and then do a Masters? Forget about the Masters completely and get a job in a completely unrelated field to my undergrad that I'm really interested in?

I'm getting slightly overwhelmed with the array of options available for next year.

Masters in Ireland? Masters in a foreign country? Which country? What Masters? Screw the Masters and go working? Go working for a year and then do a Masters? Forget about the Masters completely and get a job in a completely unrelated field to my undergrad that I'm really interested in?

Work, save for Masters. Then do Masters where it's cheaper than Ireland and just as good. i.e anywhere else..

That's a rough plan knocking around in the back of my head. Just got to find a job first. But I found out earlier that I got through the first stage of a grad programme. :)

I dunno have I ever been as sick in my life this is tortureeeeeeeee

went to like 5/18 classes this week. Thank god its only 1st year. Golden week next week ...........

• Advertisement
Advertisement