Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

deise_girl wrote: »
    I dunno have I ever been as sick in my life this is tortureeeeeeeee

Life is torture, your parents are sick minded for bringing you into this world to satisfy their own selfish wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Life is torture, your parents are sick minded for bringing you into this world to satisfy their own selfish wants.

hi could you please stop that

hi could you please stop that

The truth hurts :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

The truth hurts :)

Insulting or attacking another poster hurts more. Nobody's parents are selfish for deciding to create another human or life in this world it was their choice to want a family another beating heart to hold in their hands till the day they die. You were the fastest sperm to the egg clearly there is a reason for that showing your the strongest out of your potential brothers and sisters. Just remember a lot of humans out there are unable to create life so be glad that you have this chance to breathe interact impact and live in this life regardless of what your parents wanted your on your own but they are always with you till one day they are no more.

Jhcx wrote: »
    Insulting or attacking another poster hurts more. Nobody's parents are selfish for deciding to create another human or life in this world it was their choice to want a family another beating heart to hold in their hands till the day they die. You were the fastest sperm to the egg clearly there is a reason for that showing your the strongest out of your potential brothers and sisters. Just remember a lot of humans out there are unable to create life so be glad that you have this chance to breathe interact impact and live in this life regardless of what your parents wanted your on your own but they are always with you till one day they are no more.

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

I dropped my favourite cup. It smashed into teeny tiny pieces. We've been through a lot together over the years and now it's gone. A very sad day for the parish.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I dropped my favourite cup. It smashed into teeny tiny pieces. We've been through a lot together over the years and now it's gone. A very sad day for the parish.

Did the same thing with my big shaving mug on Friday. Totes devo, bro.

Red bull seems like such a great idea when your in the middle of a nightshift feeling like a zombie. It's only at 25 to nine in the morning; after you've been staring at the ceiling since you got home, that you realise red bull mightn't have been the smartest decision after all.

Excuse the pedantics but chances are you were not the 1st sperm to reach the egg. Piercing through a ovum is a jpint effort as the egg is much too strong for just 1 sperm to pierce. It takes the work of many sperm to do so. All the sperm that went before you did all the hard work before running out of juice and dying. We all just got lucky and happened to arrive at said egg at a point when it was super easy to penetrate....
    Basically we're all sly fůckers living off others hard work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Excuse the pedantics but chances are you were not the 1st sperm to reach the egg. Piercing through a ovum is a jpint effort as the egg is much too strong for just 1 sperm to pierce. It takes the work of many sperm to do so. All the sperm that went before you did all the hard work before running out of juice and dying. We all just got lucky and happened to arrive at said egg at a point when it was super easy to penetrate....
    Basically we're all sly fůckers living off others hard work

Idk why i decided to tell yee that but there it is.

I've always hated biology. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Damn, I didn't know that...that's kind of epic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

It's actually the most enduring sperm that gets to the egg. There was a study I remember reading only a few months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

I don't want to go to work. You guys read Harry Potter. Magic up a bank holiday. Seal my dreams with a smidgen of melted troll blubber. Whatever it takes.

you were still the one to come out though. so can just send thanks to the other comrades before me to make way for their chosen one lol :pac:
    But otherwise thanks i shall pass this on to my kids when they want to know.
    C&H is full of knowledge seriously great convos

you were still the one to come out though. so can just send thanks to the other comrades before me to make way for their chosen one lol :pac:
    But otherwise thanks i shall pass this on to my kids when they want to know.
    C&H is full of knowledge seriously great convos

What the **** are you on anout

Im just having a bit of banter, keep you hair on.

Im just having a bit of banter, keep you hair on.

Same, love ya jhcx

A customer at work pulled the old "I gave you 50" routine when I gave him the change of 20.I wasn't really paying attention and he caught me out. If a different manager was on that could have been a real headache

Some people are bad.

• Advertisement

A customer at work pulled the old "I gave you 50" routine when I gave him the change of 20.I wasn't really paying attention and he caught me out. If a different manager was on that could have been a real headache

Some people are bad.

The only way I can remember if not paying attention is the 50 always goes into a different section. And I only draw on 50's so there's smaller chances someone could fob me off if they only gave me 20

So so tired today I don't even know why delayed hangover maybe? Really should go to the gym but I'd prolly fall asleep on the treadmill.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Yea but i've genuinely been so sick for too many days now..
    Like yea when we get a flu(flu now not a pissy headcold) you're told 7-10 days and youll start functioning. Well 10 days later I get a bad bout of tonsillitis on top of it :))))
    Thats ok says doctor number 2, often when immune system is down the symptoms of one thing can cause another, heres antibiotics for 2 weeks but youll feel much better in the next couple days.
    Well nah doctor, Im still in the same comatosed state unable to do pretty much anything.

Like its not like im being a ****ing eejit not resting, keeping warm etc so why is this never ending???? Ive missed so much college now its insanity and we were full sure Id go back this coming Monday, but now thats looking doubtful coz Im too weak.
    Nare an ability to keep paying for stupid doctor visits either.

Like I've had ****ty injuries, sicknesses in the past but never anything this strong for SO long. Theres probably more mucus in me than blood and water combined..

Get your doc to check for glandular fever.......

Well Monday they were happy enough with tonsillitis(iconic when he could see my tonsils fine without me saying "ahhh")

Ill look up the differences between them though, Id rather it wasnt glande though isnt that a viral infection? So no antibiotics to speed things up :(

Im quare never getting better

Well Monday they were happy enough with tonsillitis(iconic when he could see my tonsils fine without me saying "ahhh")

Ill look up the differences between them though, Id rather it wasnt glande though isnt that a viral infection? So no antibiotics to speed things up :(

Im quare never getting better

Steroids will bring down swelling. And lemsip will bring down a fever slightly.....but other than that, yeah....nada :P

But yeah, if you do have it youll be tired for months...and not allowed drink/play contact sports for a while. You need a blood test to determine if you have it. A lot of times it gets misdiagnosed as tonsillitis/strep......

Steroids will bring down swelling. And lemsip will bring down a fever slightly.....but other than that, yeah....nada :P

But yeah, if you do have it youll be tired for months...and not allowed drink/play contact sports for a while. You need a blood test to determine if you have it. A lot of times it gets misdiagnosed as tonsillitis/strep......

Bringing down the swelling would be lovely all the same..
    Like tbh Id say Ill be back in the doctors by the end of this week/Monday so I might say it then.

The weird thing is last week/week before when I was diagnosed with "a flu like strain" coz there is no actual flu in Ireland right now or something my throat wasnt that bad. A bit inflammed but not like this at all.

When I defer the year ha

• Advertisement

If theres a free health unit at (NUIM?) Id say go in today ...the swelling may be gone by Friday, and thats just pointless suffering for 2 days (possibly 4)

But even if you dont get in till Friday/Monday suggest it anyways.....youll need a blood test and if you do have it not only are your tonsils enlarged but so is your liver, pancreas, lymph nodes etc.....so that CAN BE dangerous....but youll probably be fine anyways :P You mightnt even have it.

When I went to the college doctor they told me to go home to Waterford! So Im stuck paying regular bills like a regular person!

Ahh lads, I just said it to my parents and they said calm down and see how it goes.. But yea like, definitely gonna keep that in mind.
    How do you know all this btw? lol

Ahhhhh shíte if Im feeling crap over the weekend my dads like you like death but just wait out the weekend and go down to Galway sure the Doctors free down there dont be staying up here if youre sick :pac:

I may have recently enough contracted it >.>
    I got diagnosed like a month ago

Went in for tonsilitis got prescribed antibiotics...didnt work...went back in and got prescribed different antibiotics and steroids....she thought it was just tonsillitis, I didnt have a fever really, but I had had a fever the week before....like i got the sore throat pretty much as I was "getting over my flu"
    I suggested it to her cause a friend had joked that I had it....thought i was being ott at the time......had it :o:(

And now Im tired all the fúcking time :(:o:p

Aww not a hope Id like to stay in Maynooth when sick tbh, I much rather being here even if I have to pay..

A lot of that sounds very familiar tbh, I had a horrible fever last week, its not so bad right now and "like i got the sore throat pretty much as I was "getting over my flu" that is 100% me tbh.
    Right so, im almost quite sure..
    How are you finding it now? Like what are your other symptoms and basically can you kinda live a life again or?

Im fine bar getting tired but its gotten better the past week or 2...for a while i was like sleeping all the time. But yeah grand was told no contact sports, and no drinking but i had to get a secind blood tet about a month after i was diagnosed, was all good, can drink now I think (but alas study/exam week) still not allowed play contact sports (ha like that was ever going to be a problem) bit allowed to do other exercise like jogging and stuff , wasnt at the start (still was not an issue) :pac: But yeah it lies dormant for about 6 weeks and then bam you get a really sore throat/fever/other stuff i didnt get but some people do, dunno what it was.....cant share food tho....MWAHAHAHAHA

No sister, I will not give you a bite of my cake!!!!!! *evil grin*

Aww my horsey riding lifestyle :'(
    That doesnt sound too bad tho, like I havnt eaten anything more than a slice of toast a day in 10 days and my antibiotics even make me feel nauseous(vomited up the first :) ) And the earache and congestion with ALL the mucus everywhere. That sounds like a world i'd be much more willing to take part in

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭MissD93

ARGH I CANT FIND MY LASER CARD AND FOR ONCE I ACTUALLY HAVE CASH IN MY ACCOUNT ARGH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Aww my horsey riding lifestyle :'(
    That doesnt sound too bad tho, like I havnt eaten anything more than a slice of toast a day in 10 days and my antibiotics even make me feel nauseous(vomited up the first :) ) And the earache and congestion with ALL the mucus everywhere. That sounds like a world i'd be much more willing to take part in
    *vomit*
    MissD93 wrote: »
    ARGH I CANT FIND MY LASER CARD AND FOR ONCE I ACTUALLY HAVE CASH IN MY ACCOUNT ARGH
    Youre better off. Money in account = silly things bought...
    /hugs new TV

• Advertisement

*vomit*

Dont worry it was all my vomit consisted of too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Dont worry it was all my vomit consisted of too :)

eGhxeGZqMTI=_o_projectile-vomiting.jpg

How I have felt about this for the past 10 days tbh
    When did it turn so gross

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Cracked my ****ing phone screen tonight which i got off my sis. if my parents find out they'll trip even though it's only a song xperia (j).

Any idea what price range im looking at to fix ?

Feeling shiz tonight. starting to strongly dislike my job. and i feel like a stuck up pr cause i have a job and i dont want it unlike all the people who want one..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

So pissed off. Apparently my depression is bad enough for needing special accommodations for one exam but not the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Maybe the other exam has pictures of smilie faces on it or something.

That's a pretty ridiculous situation tbh.

Emailed them, apparently they're out of space for the other one. TO THE DEAN FOR A DEFERRAL I GO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Emailed them, apparently they're out of space for the other one. TO THE DEAN FOR A DEFERRAL I GO!

They're "out of space"?

What kind of a fob off bollox excuse is that? "Eh, sorry love, but there's no more seats, go f*ck yourself." is basically the vibe I get from it.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    They're "out of space"?

What kind of a fob off bollox excuse is that? "Eh, sorry love, but there's no more seats, go f*ck yourself." is basically the vibe I get from it.

Pretty much. I reckon if I go to the Dean and kick up a fuss I'll be grand.

• Advertisement

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Pretty much. I reckon if I go to the Dean and kick up a fuss I'll be grand.

Just be warned, if you defer 1 exam you defer all subsequent exams. I got like 50 emails about it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭MissD93

i'm in bits right now i feel so stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

2 exams on tomorrow...f*cked!

I've got an exam in three hours that I'm moderately to extremely fooked for, and my head hurts, and my laptop's dying, the graphics card keeps breaking. I can't do this. I can't deal with this ****.

Something something annoyed

My housemate put up a Christmas tree in our flat. It's like there's a tiny green zone of happiness and joy in the corner. I can't be dealing with this at all.

Assignment due for 6pm starting to feel the heat...
    Worst part is the word count is 2500-3000, Im almost 2200 but I have loads more that I need to include in it. So much that if I keep going as I am I'd nearly hit 4000 Id say, but then Im gonna be miles over the word count and Im gonna have to go back and start editing what ive written already but theres no time for that rgirhg;iorgh;ighightlihgtgte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭T-Bird

FFS! Why cant I translate whats in my head onto paper!!!!!!!!!! Hate assignments, just fecking probe my brain!!!!

My body has stopped working. Lack of medical card means I have to figure out how to fix myself. I think I'll be immune to pain by the time I hit thirty.

• Advertisement

Assignment due for 6pm starting to feel the heat...
    Worst part is the word count is 2500-3000, Im almost 2200 but I have loads more that I need to include in it. So much that if I keep going as I am I'd nearly hit 4000 Id say, but then Im gonna be miles over the word count and Im gonna have to go back and start editing what ive written already but theres no time for that rgirhg;iorgh;ighightlihgtgte

Ok really starting to stress now..

Advertisement