Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GIG Tonight!!

Options
  • 12-04-2013 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My friend Cai played a gig a couple of weeks ago in the Sugar Club and got a great response...

She is playing again tonight and tomorrow in Aurthurs on Thomas Street at about half 9...

If your around that way, drop in, she has an amazing voice and has a good couple of tunes that are well put together !

I would describe her as a grungey, stripped back, raw and ripe singer with soul that has a twang of adele, alicia keys and lauren hill onside...

Not the run of the mill musician, defo stands out and is worth seeing on a stage!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Pretty good artists to be compared to there. I love Adele, and similar things. However, I am going to see my friend's band Aurora's Mile in Waterford tonight, so I won't be able to make it. But if your friend has any music online, perhaps you could post a link here to where it can be heard? I'd be interested in checking out her stuff. I haven't ever played in The Sugar Club myself, as I have always found that it would actually COST me money. Best of luck with it though and I hope it goes well for you and your friend. Good to see new people emerging!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

Hi Stereomaniac,

Thanks for the interest, both gigs went well. Not a huge crowd drawn in yet as it is all very new and Cai is getting early slots but its good for her and she is great on stage.

I'll post when the next gig is happening!... I'm not very computer literate at all so I haven't a clue where to send you to listen except Youtube.

I know there are a few covers on there for sure. Youtube Cai, mama caz cover and you should get a look... if your really interested I believe one of the original tunes is on soundcloud....

Obviously, i'm all for promoting this gal I think she is special so if you would really like to hear more, let me know and I can ask her for the info !

Thanks and let me know if there is anything exciting happening on the gig scene!

Advertisement