Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vinyl for campervan conversion

Options
  • 12-04-2013 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

hi,

I was hoping someone here might be able to help me. I'm looking for light vinyl or polyester backed vinyl (something like the stuff used on car seat covers) to use in a campervan conversion.

Basically it would need to be pliable enough to use on walls, maybe the roof and be able to stretch around corners etc. It needs to be hard wearing.

There's currently light carpet material on the walls in places and as the campervan is going to be used in hot and dusty countries we're hoping to get something to do the job in place of the carpet that is wipe-able clean.

If anyone has any experience , ideas or know the name of a good material to use / where to get it that would be really helpful :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

mifoo wrote: »
    hi,

I was hoping someone here might be able to help me. I'm looking for light vinyl or polyester backed vinyl (something like the stuff used on car seat covers) to use in a campervan conversion.

Basically it would need to be pliable enough to use on walls, maybe the roof and be able to stretch around corners etc. It needs to be hard wearing.

There's currently light carpet material on the walls in places and as the campervan is going to be used in hot and dusty countries we're hoping to get something to do the job in place of the carpet that is wipe-able clean.

If anyone has any experience , ideas or know the name of a good material to use / where to get it that would be really helpful :)

Thanks!

light cheap vinyl flooring is pretty pliable specially if you warm

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭AutostratusEB

Try Zhivago.ie in Dublin or Hawkehouse.co.uk - which might be closer to what you are after.

Advertisement