Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bangernomics car of the week/day part III

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

GobblyNob wrote: »
    What does "miser on fuel" mean?

The tank has never had more than a couple of gallons in it for years and the low-pressure pump is about to calve due to being full of muck. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭W123-80's

Could be worth a look if your nearby.
    4 months test - 07/14
    Diesel
    Leather Estate
    Asking €2200

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-accord-2-2cdti-executive/6468925

27090818.jpeg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭GobblyNob

jimgoose wrote: »
    The tank has never had more than a couple of gallons in it for years and the low-pressure pump is about to calve due to being full of muck. :D

I don't know if you're joking or not?

So the fuel has gone mouldy?

GobblyNob wrote: »
    I don't know if you're joking or not?

So the fuel has gone mouldy?

*sigh* Kidding! They're trying to say the car is very economical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

*sigh* Kidding! They're trying to say the car is very economical.

"snigger" :p

bear1 wrote: »
    "snigger" :p

And you can feck off an' all! :pac:

And you can feck off an' all! :pac:

lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

W123-80's wrote: »
    Could be worth a look if your nearby.
    4 months test - 07/14
    Diesel
    Leather Estate
    Asking €2200

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-accord-2-2cdti-executive/6468925

Sorry, but I don't get the Honda diesel love here on bangernomics.
    2.2 diesel is hardly a cornerstone of reliability (exhaust manifold and turbos) plus its got 170k miles up.
    More to the point, I just think they are rotten. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Miser on fuel means the owner was a cheap cnut and only put in enough to turn off the fuel light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

cadaliac wrote: »
    2.2 diesel is hardly a cornerstone of reliability

It was the first ever diesel engine made by Honda. Not bad at all for a first effort, but very far from best of class at the time. Less power than the competition and using a bigger size engine. Terrible combination here with the Irish motor tax :D

Still overall a pretty reliable and good looking car and I'm sure it's a decent bangernomics proposition

If it was me, I'd get the petrol though :D

unkel wrote: »
    It was the first ever diesel engine made by Honda. Not bad at all for a first effort, but very far from best of class at the time. Less power than the competition and using a bigger size engine. Terrible combination here with the Irish motor tax :D

Still overall a pretty reliable and good looking car and I'm sure it's a decent bangernomics proposition

If it was me, I'd get the petrol though :D

I'd have no problem driving a 2.2 Honda, not a 04 though - 05-06 would be better.
    As Unkel has said, Honda's first attempt at a diesel (is that correct though? I remember older Accords having the tdi engine) if you compare it to Lexus' attempt at the diesel market with the IS220d then you wouldn't complain much about the Honda.
    They are a nicer car in saloon mode, nice heated leather seats and some good equipment as standard.
    Only thing that I don't like is that they don't have a low oil warning light.

bear1 wrote: »
    Honda's first attempt at a diesel (is that correct though? I remember older Accords having the tdi engine)

Honda used the Rover diesel engine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,880 ✭✭✭RayCon

Re: Honda Accord. I like the 04 onwards shape - lovely looking car except in estate form. Looks like they ran out of idea's when they got to the back and just thought "fcuk it - lets go with the hearse look"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

cadaliac wrote: »
    2.2 diesel is hardly a cornerstone of reliability (exhaust manifold and turbos) plus its got 170k miles up.
    More to the point, I just think they are rotten. :o

Add timing chain to the list as well. The early 2.2 cdti were dreadful IMO, the petrol version is miles ahead in reliability terms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

• Advertisement

Honda used the Rover diesel engine :)

They also used a 1.7 Isuzu engine in the 01-06 civic hatchback and a 1.9 Peugeot diesel engine in the Honda concerto back in the late 80's/early 90's :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Isuzu 3.1td engine in the Honda Horizon ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Those Honda estates are incredibly ugly.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Isuzu 3.1td engine in the Honda Horizon ;)

You mean Honda badges glued on to an Isuzu trooper :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

JohnBoy26 wrote: »

As opposed to the concerto diesel, which even had the rover lights and suspension?
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

JohnBoy26 wrote: »

Opel Monterey or death

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

colm_mcm wrote: »
    As opposed to the concerto diesel, which even had the rover lights and suspension?
    :pac:
    The concerto had different lights to its rover counterpart. The suspension was the same in European markets but the Japanese concerto had a different setup using double wishbone instead of struts.

Both cars were co developed rather than just simple badge engineering like the horizon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

What a lovely advert. If I were in the right situation (ie had a licence and had been driving years) I'd love that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

What a lovely advert. If I were in the right situation (ie had a licence and had been driving years) I'd love that.

I was interested in one of those 318Ci before and everybody said stay away. Shít engine and sub frame issues on the older ones like that one 2000-2002. They changed the engine in 2002 or 2003 to a 2 litre with more power and I think they fixed the sub frame problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Kaiser D wrote: »
    Strange Ad, I thought they were panties on it at first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

I'd drive it in a heartbeat ... if it wasnt for the extortionate road tax in this country which i just cant afford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Strange Ad, I thought they were panties on it at first!

Thought the same myself (about being a strange ad not the panties :eek:).
    He has the car advertised as a wedding car but he does not have spsv tax on it.
    What's the deal there....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭W123-80's

Test until April '15 on this old A4
    1.8 petrol
    Asking €750

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a4-nct-4-15-1-8-1996/6749486

28524784.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

€100 over limit but it is on adverts so no doubt somebody will offer €500 and a microwave;)

http://www.adverts.ie/car/opel/vectra/05-opel-vectra/5221257

MjMxY2ZhMWJiNDAyZTA3ZDMwZGVkYjZmY2JiYjcyZTm9w0Hv7mYUBMCRdZIA91wvaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOTU1OWFjMmUyNWQzZTUzYjUzYmYxYjU2NDI1ODRmNzI3YmU5NTk2ZmMzMDRiNTUxNDIyZmRlMTEwNjViZWE4NS5qcGd8MzkzfHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9jYXItaW1hZ2UuanBnfA==.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

...V8 e39 with NCT till next year , very nice

Total antichrist of a thing for half-nothing. :cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Total antichrist of a thing for half-nothing. :cool::cool::cool:

that M62 V8 is also a reliable beast and a piece of piss to work on if anything went wrong.

zerks wrote: »
    €100 over limit but it is on adverts so no doubt somebody will offer €500 and a microwave;)

http://www.adverts.ie/car/opel/vectra/05-opel-vectra/5221257

MjMxY2ZhMWJiNDAyZTA3ZDMwZGVkYjZmY2JiYjcyZTm9w0Hv7mYUBMCRdZIA91wvaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOTU1OWFjMmUyNWQzZTUzYjUzYmYxYjU2NDI1ODRmNzI3YmU5NTk2ZmMzMDRiNTUxNDIyZmRlMTEwNjViZWE4NS5qcGd8MzkzfHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9jYXItaW1hZ2UuanBnfA==.jpg

I've offered the lad a nearly new pen plus cash my way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

The epitomie of bangernomics here - http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/saab-9000-cse-nct-tax/6720371

6 weeks tax and 9 months test for €550.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a4-cabriolet-220bhp-multi/6751455

28535793.jpeg

Short NCT, bit of tax apparently, 2300 euro, and 3 litre V6 5v petrol :cool:

Just for unkel :pac:: long NCT, four wheels, engine - 540 euro:http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-n-c-t-15-12-2014/6720571

Interslice wrote: »

28535793.jpeg

for some balance: long NCT, four wheels, engine - 540 euro:http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-n-c-t-15-12-2014/6720571

That Audi is a beautiful car.:cool: :cool:

Edit that fecking "for some balance" out of your post right now! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Edit that fecking "for some balance" out of your post right now! :pac:

done :). I was trying to keep the economics in check!

• Advertisement

Incredible value for money, particularly at this time of year - the start of the convertible season. Surely this would cost over €10k on the continent if it is in as good a condition as it looks

I don't think there's any tax on it, but that doesn't matter. Would want to have a new NCT on it though or have it very thoroughly checked out by a good mechanic / Audi indy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Christ almighty the spelling you see on some DD adds is amazing. From that Toyota add:
    n c t 15 12 2014

mint condition

ect windows

sen locking

power stearing

all new tyers and ally wheels

cd pleyer

580 o n o

first to see will buy

no time wasters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭Bigus

Interslice wrote: »

28535793.jpeg

Just for unkel :pac:: long NCT, four wheels, engine - 540 euro:http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-n-c-t-15-12-2014/6720571

Audi not checking out too well , last owner only since oct, not taxed since then and some other anomalies I won't go into.

Bigus wrote: »
    Audi not checking out too well , last owner only since oct, not taxed since then and some other anomalies I won't go into.

Scam scam audi convertible
    Called number got text back to email mkpreston75@gmail.com

Warning: "Audi A4 CABRIOLET 220BHP MULTI"
    It has come to our attention that the ad "Audi A4 CABRIOLET 220BHP MULTI" may not be a genuine ad or may use DoneDeal to offer goods or services which are not in accordance with our policies and rules.

We would advise that you stop all interaction with this person unless you are satisfied from your own inquiries that you are happy continuing to interact with them.

Please read our Safety Guide for information about how to stay safe while using our web site.

We may review this ad again in the future. If we find that the ad is in fact genuine we will update this page. If you are not sure about the status of this ad, please check back on this page.

Find other Cars on DoneDeal

Warning: "Audi A4 CABRIOLET 220BHP MULTI"
    It has come to our attention that the ad "Audi A4 CABRIOLET 220BHP MULTI" may not be a genuine ad or may use DoneDeal to offer goods or services which are not in accordance with our policies and rules.

We would advise that you stop all interaction with this person unless you are satisfied from your own inquiries that you are happy continuing to interact with them.

Please read our Safety Guide for information about how to stay safe while using our web site.

We may review this ad again in the future. If we find that the ad is in fact genuine we will update this page. If you are not sure about the status of this ad, please check back on this page.

Find other Cars on DoneDeal

I reported it , they're speeding up , well done donedeal

• Advertisement

Why didn't you share those anomalies here, Bigus? Private sale / no named garage, whatever you say can't be libellous I'd have thought?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

I wouldn't pay a grand for the Laguna tbh. €1,400 is very strong money for an '03

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Bigus wrote: »
    Scam scam audi convertible
    Called number got text back to email mkpreston75@gmail.com

If only there was a thread for scam cars..... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

I wouldn't pay a grand for the Laguna tbh. €1,400 is very strong money for an '03

Always liked those estates though. Them and the 407 estate.

Actually now that I think about it, I actually reckon estate is my favourite style of car.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement