Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bangernomics car of the week/day part III

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

davycc wrote: »
    one from my personal watchlist if it checks out should provide years of fun reliable motoring- the guy is a dealer and this is his cheapest car at $550 i still cant fecking afford it:D

http://www.adverts.ie/car/saab/9000/1997-saab-900-for-sale/5181817

New nct 2015,Taxed 05-14,Complete service history,Full leather interior,Heated seats ,Four electric windows ,Two keys ,Alloy wheels

Thats a steal, provided everything is sound on it.

I love the following:
    "Lets get something very clear from the start
    I do not want to swap

I will not swap your add

I am not interested in silly offers or part exchanges

This car is for sale which means if you want it you will have to hand over "cash" "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Thats a steal, provided everything is sound on it.

I love the following:
    "Lets get something very clear from the start
    I do not want to swap

I will not swap your add

I am not interested in silly offers or part exchanges

This car is for sale which means if you want it you will have to hand over "cash" "

Great ad right there shame it didnt stop the idiots making some lowball offers on it already. Im assuming they dont bother to read the ads detail and just see the price and wade in from there? i love 9000s and id be sickened to see it go to one those lads

Great ad right there shame it didnt stop the idiots making some lowball offers on it already. Im assuming they dont bother to read the ads detail and just see the price and wade in from there? i love 9000s and id be sickened to see it go to one those lads

Id probably do the same. Ive significantly under offered before and its came back in my favour.
    However if they're serious, they'd do a proper haggle instead of offering once or twice.

Adverts is a weird place to sell a car. Making an offer to buy without seeing aint for me really, unless its a right bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Hmmm Very tempted to jump ship on the Primera and get that 9000 instead… What do you all think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    No but litteraly no Japanese cars had it in that location.

Gen 7 Celica had it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Hmmm Very tempted to jump ship on the Primera and get that 9000 instead… What do you all think?

I may have missed it - but how did the NCT go????

Old diesel wrote: »
    I may have missed it - but how did the NCT go????

It went fairly well :)

Failed on near side inner CV boot

ABS light on

Off side of front bumper insecure

Near side from fog light insecure

I think I could get close to my investment back if I sold it with the fail sheet now… Although it might be a hard sale with that milage on it :(

Project thread here if you're interested :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057188206&page=2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭W123-80's

'95 Passat 1.9 TDI
    1 owner from new with service history
    135k miles
    Test '04/15
    4 months tax - 08/14
    T/B done
    Nice looking car and a little different.!
    Asking €1,100

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1995-vw-passat-1-9-tdi-vgc-1100/6790815

28737133.jpeg

That Passat is a nice spot in all fairness

Hope it finds a good home

do it! id approve if it went to a good home like yourself.. 2l lpt manual with intercooler and CSE spec which is the height of swedish luxury. full leather-wood-trip computers ac 4el cl original irish car

• Advertisement

do it! id approve if it went to a good home like yourself.. 2l lpt manual with intercooler and CSE spec which is the height of swedish luxury. full leather-wood-trip computers ac 4el cl original irish car

Hmmmm. I'm very confused about this decision. It isn't even that my head is saying one thing and my heat another, both are sending mixed signals!!

The downsides of the Saab are:

- I'm trying to save money at the moment
    - It costs more than what payed for the Primera
    - It's less fuel efficient and petrol is dearer than Diesel
    - I would have to sell the Primera and that is made a bit tricky because of high milage and no NCT
    - The Primera has grown on me a bit and I actually quite like it :o

The upsides of the Saab are:
    - It has tax and the primera doesn't have tax
    - It has an NCT
    - It's a nicer car
    - It's faster

Hmmmm. I'm very confused about this decision. It isn't even that my head is saying one thing and my heat another, both are sending mixed signals!!

- I would have to sell the Primera and that is made a bit tricky because of high milage and no NCT

- It has an NCT
    - It's a nicer car
    - It's faster

Do it. Someone will buy the primera, theres a market for cheap cars and looking in the projects thread, you've made it a hell of a lot more cleaner anyway. Also while your man says no swaps, he seems to be in the dodgy business that is flipping cars. Your primera that needs a cv boot and has an abs light on plus two or three hundred might appeal to him.

Not only is it nicer, its cool too.
    Theres one that runs around town as a daily driver, epic car to see on the road these days.
    Also the Primera needs work and while not much work, at the end of the day its still a primera. More reliable perhaps, but like 99% of cars that we have in this country, its boring.

Do it. Someone will buy the primera, theres a market for cheap cars and looking in the projects thread, you've made it a hell of a lot more cleaner anyway. Also while your man says no swaps, he seems to be in the dodgy business that is flipping cars. Your primera that needs a cv boot and has an abs light on plus two or three hundred might appeal to him.

Theres one that runs around town as a daily driver, epic car to see on the road these days.
    Also the Primera needs work and while not much work, at the end of the day its still a primera. More reliable perhaps, but like 99% of cars that we have in this country, its boring.

I think mr quadrifoglio verde has answered it better than I could have possibly tried:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

- It has an NCT
    - It's a nicer car
    - It's faster

So the Saab it is then!

Damn your logic! even though it's proper illogical "I want a new car and I'm trying to justify" it logic!

I'll have to have a proper think about it over night, no sense in rushing into these things...

Damn your logic! even though it's proper illogical "I want a new car and I'm trying to justify" it logic!

I'll have to have a proper think about it over night, no sense in rushing into these things...

at the end of the day you only live once.
    Wouldn't it be cool to say to the kids out here that you had one of these.
    They'll look at your car history and see integrale, levin and then think what the **** was that weirdo thinking buying a primera :pac:

at the end of the day you only live once.
    Wouldn't it be cool to say to the kids out here that you had one of these.
    They'll look at your car history and see integrale, levin and then think what the **** was that weirdo thinking buying a primera :pac:

Well you've been doing a lot of research!

What they'll think is "that tit wasted all his money and that stupid Levin and now can only afford to drive a Primera" :pac:

I'll make the decision in the morning provided that it's still for sale. Sure I would like to own a 9000 at some stage but I don't feel like it has to be that one, if I miss it I miss it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

Kaiser D wrote: »

Is it not N.C.T exempt been a classic, no?

But then I suppose piece of mind and all that jazz..

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Brasso

job seeker wrote: »
    Is it not N.C.T exempt been a classic, no?

But then I suppose piece of mind and all that jazz..

Only pre 1980 cars are NCT exempt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Made of want, love them old daysul vee dubs.

Ripe for some slamming and tinting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Made of want, love them old daysul vee dubs.

Ripe for some slamming and tinting.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/volkswagen-jetta-1983/6809055
    Comes with same car included for parts.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/06-mondeo-new-nct/6809384

28831047.jpeg

fierce cheap and NCT'd 3 days ago :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Jaysus that Mondeo is a bargain. Open to reasonable offers, so €1750 probably takes it!

Idle seems very high, surely your man didn't have his foot on the throttle while taking the pic?

Very good value that, aptly priced too, they don't tend to go for a whole lot more. I see a few nicks around the body and on the alloys, but nothing to be complaining about really with so much NCT and a 06 plate.

I think the newest car we have had in here was 07?

Very good value that, aptly priced too, they don't tend to go for a whole lot more. I see a few nicks around the body and on the alloys, but nothing to be complaining about really with so much NCT and a 06 plate.

I think the newest car we have had in here was 07?

That other car could have been a Mondeo too if I remember right

Old diesel wrote: »
    That other car could have been a Mondeo too if I remember right

I did post a 07 Vectra 2.8 estate also.

Give it a bit longer and we'll be seeing 08 Puntos, Pandas etc I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I was perving the E30 a while back wishing It had a better engine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

unkel wrote: »
    Jaysus that Mondeo is a bargain. Open to reasonable offers, so €1750 probably takes it!

Idle seems very high, surely your man didn't have his foot on the throttle while taking the pic?

Didn't notice that. I would consider 900rpm high.

• Advertisement

I've actually seen that in the flesh since posting it, only briefly but it looks good. Well worth the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/02-toyota-corolla/6809393

Seems to be in good condition, could be got within banger budget, not sure what these should be going for.

looks tasty. No mention of nikasil being sorted, but if its lasted this long without getting it done, it'd be safe would it?

Interslice wrote: »
    Didn't notice that. I would consider 900rpm high.

It's about 1350rpm - far too high for idle

I'd ring and ask about that before going to see the car
    I did post a 07 Vectra 2.8 estate also

Yeah I remember that. Spectacular value for money. Would suit someone who doesn't make a habit of taxing their cars :D
    Give it a bit longer and we'll be seeing 08 Puntos, Pandas etc I reckon.

A good bit longer. Not this year. Not next year either. Particularly not if they are on lower cc tax than on the old system

It's bigger petrol cars with biggish engines that are bangernomics kings imho :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Yeah i'd say it'll be a while before we see any 08 cars go into bangernomics range.

Be a year or two before E90s get there even.

• Advertisement

I reckon the photo was taken before it went onto closed loop. Just idling fast after startup.

Yeah I remember that. Spectacular value for money. Would suit someone who doesn't make a habit of taxing their cars :D

A good bit longer. Not this year. Not next year either. Particularly not if they are on lower cc tax than on the old system

It's bigger petrol cars with biggish engines that are bangernomics kings imho :)

Just give this a few months then,

http://www.donedeal.ie/campers-for-sale/the-campers-companion/6563024

:P

What in the world is that?

Claiming it has 4 seats is very optimistic :pac:

That said 4 people fit in my Panda easy peasy so anything is possible I suppose.

Boards rules mean I can't post url etc as I'm a newbie.....so see this as a vomit gif please.

Id rather walk than drive that yoke

That's not a car :p

Seriously though - it is damn cheap. For someone just needing something to go to church, local shop etc. Why the hell did they decide it was a good idea to put a diesel engine in it though? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

looks tasty. No mention of nikasil being sorted, but if its lasted this long without getting it done, it'd be safe would it?

The engine is still running - the Nikasil is sorted long ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Seriously though - it is damn cheap. For someone just needing something to go to church, local shop etc. Why the hell did they decide it was a good idea to put a diesel engine in it though? :confused:

Cheap != Value.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1996-bmw-325-turbo-diesel-975/6785438

28710247.jpeg

No leather and atrocious alloys but looks clean and straight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

They are common in France, a few sold in the UK too along with some other models but they were mental money. They were supposed to be towed behind a camper van, so when you park at whatever camp site you can go to nearby villages etc in it rather than your camper.

They're classed as a motorbike/moped and can be driven by 16 year olds in the UK, and I assume here too.

No idea why they put a 500cc diesel engine in.

Aye. Heard about them before but never paid attention. Had a look earlier and the one you posted is very good value compared to others for sale in the UK. Why the 11BHP :rolleyes: diesel when you can get a 20BHP petrol engine though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

They are common in France, a few sold in the UK too along with some other models but they were mental money. They were supposed to be towed behind a camper van, so when you park at whatever camp site you can go to nearby villages etc in it rather than your camper.

They're classed as a motorbike/moped and can be driven by 16 year olds in the UK, and I assume here too.

No idea why they put a 500cc diesel engine in.
    Loads of those in Spain where they can be driven without a licence! Used by the very young and those who have lost their licence due to being a p¡ss-head. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭v240gltse

hi

I have seen the saab as i always regretted getting rid of my previous 9000 2.3 turbo and was thinking about getting this one as a daily drive. There is some amount of work required before using it in comfort:

1. top engine dog bone mount needs replacing ( both Pieces) .

2 . front bumper re-attached as its loose on the drivers side

3. breather hose from rocker cover missing ( engine venting into air not good )

4. clutch biting very high

5. gearbox mount needs replacing

6. few other odds and sods from memory.

7. engine oil gloopy

but if your willing to put in a couple of hundred euros it could be worth it.

regards

- It has an NCT
    - It's a nicer car
    - It's faster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭almostover

If they were so reliable, why did you need two?
    That's not a dig at you, I'm just genuinely curious.

Crashed the 1st into a hilux and the hilux won :D She had 200000 miles up on her at that stage and was going 100%. Used it as a donor car then for the 2nd one.

This seems cheap, something wrong with it? Not been insured in 6 months...

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2002-new-model-polo-taxed-new-nct/6810442

28835984.jpeg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement