Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renewing Canadian holiday visa - URGENT PLEASE HELP

Options
  • 12-04-2013 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there I've been in Canada since last October on the IEC working visa but my friend arrived at the same time with me on the 6 month holiday visa.

He had money saved and has been here genuinely on a holiday but would like to stay until September now!

Basically the tourist visa expires on April 26th (6 months after arrival) and we're wondering what the best way is to go about renewing it for another 6 months.

Can someone tell me what the deal is with crossing into the states and crossing back a day or two later..will they simply restamp his passport or is it more complicated than that?

We're starting to worry here a bit so any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

They might restamp the passport or may not.
    It is at the discretion of the border guard, if they suspect your friend is going to work he will be denied entry.
    You can apply for a holiday visa online as well but afaik that requires him to have valid status in Canada.
    I am not sure if they count being a tourist as valid status.

Have a read of this

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-how.asp

Maybe calling the CIC and asking is the way to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Tourist counts as am applicable visa up extend, you have to show you have a flight back and enough money to support yourself for the stay. Someone on a 6 month holiday, for example, might reasonably be expected to have $15-20k, for example

Advertisement