Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Curly hair cut disaster

• 12-04-2013 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I generally don't post here in order to complain but I felt I had to this time. During the week I had my lovely long, elbow length curls butchered at the natural cut on Wicklow by Tracey I think her name was.

I realised before I went in that the normal trim wouldn't do as the ends were quite dry, so I discussed this with her and I suggested maybe we go for 2-3 inches, which would leave the length of my hair mid way between my shoulder and elbow. So then she starting chopping. To be honest, I wasn't really paying attention to the amount she was taking off so maybe it's partly my fault.

When she was finished however, I was stunned sitting in the chair. My lovely curls were gone and my hair was now sitting above my shoulder. ABOVE MY SHOULDER. A good 2-3 inches further than I asked for. I went quiet and didn't really say much. She tried to tell me that my hair looked so much healthier now that all the dead ends were chopped off so she sacrificed the length for the healthiness.

Initially I told myself, HAIR GROWS, HAIR GROWS. But in the mean time I am left with this horrendous hair cut. It's essentially a bob. No layers which means I can't wear my hair down split down the middle because it's too thick on the ends. Oh and I also forgot to mention that its not even the same length on the two sides. My curls are slightly looser on one side so now they hang down longer on one side leaving me lopsided.

I just wanted to put this out there in order to warn all you curly haired girlies. If you go here, make sure you get what you ask for because I sure didn't.

Anyone got a lend of extensions for the next six months?! :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭Unregistered39

Oh you poor thing. Call them tomorrow and ask to speak to Shane. He's a very good guy and I'm sure will do something for you. I have curly hair and always get Shane or Ollie to cut it (not much use to you now I know!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

I've heard such bad reviews from that place recently that it's put me off booking an appointment there :( I was going to get my first proper "curly hair" hair cut from Natural Cut but I think I'll go with another hairdresser

• Registered Users Posts: 21 helenaisabelle

I got my hair cut there once before and it was fine. Was not expecting a disaster second time around! I was going to ring to get it fixed, to get it fixed though means getting more chopped off which I'm not quite ready for at the minute!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

I had my first cut there before Christmas. It's the best hair-do I've ever had. With curly hair it's so difficult to get right. I found they really understood, didn't do anything drastic and were really lovely.

I think it was Ollie did mine. Thank God that girl wasn't in on the day! I'm not sure what you can do only bide your time. I've had so many disastrous cuts over the years... time heals all wounds! Find funky up 'do's in the meantime.

Sorry to hear you're not happy. It's so hard having curly hair that when it goes wrong it REALLY goes wrong. Sympathies are with you.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i had a terrible cut there with Ollie, something similar happened to me. my hair was tied back when i went in and ont believe me how curly my hair actually was. i ended up with a fizzy bowl cut.

you should go to trish in pzazz in powerscourt townhouse, she will sort it out for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 helenaisabelle

Thanks for your replies guys!

It's now become blatantly obvious that I need a reshape on this hideous mop. Have any of you got any suggestions? Bear in mind I have been recently butchered and am still licking my wounds!

Advertisement