Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate Interview Unum

Options
  • 12-04-2013 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I have a interview for a Graduate IT position with Unum, I was just wondering if anybody had any experience with them and knew what the interview process was? Is there an aptitude test? What are they like?

Any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Bog Man 1

If your near stradbally Co Laoise there is a woman there that teaches interview skills and will go over your CV . I could not recommend her highly enough and there are a good few people I know that have jobs after a session with her .
    €120 but worth every penny .
    There are at least five people I know that have spent about three hours with her and you are ready for any interview and she tailors her session for whatever Job you are applying for .
    I will PM you her number.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Scully23 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a interview for a Graduate IT position with Unum, I was just wondering if anybody had any experience with them and knew what the interview process was? Is there an aptitude test? What are they like?

Any help would be great.

Hi there,

It's a fairly standard interview.
    A HR interview followed by a technical for the first round.
    Second round is a chat with their American counterparts.

For HR, have a few STAR scenarios ready, group work, going the extra mile etc..
    For Technical, well you should know their technologies, c#, general object oriented, sql (stored procedures, joins etc).
    Also be able to clearly explain any projects you have worked on (in a non technical way for HR and technical for the devs).

Hope that helps a bit.

--edit--
    Sorry I presumed it was a Software Grad position, but at least the HR part will be helpful

Advertisement