Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Register a company for website?

Options
  • 12-04-2013 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone on here could help me,

I'm thinking of setting up a new website reviewing products.
    I plan to have some ads on the website.

Do I need to register as a company?
    I would hope to eventually generate some revenue on the site but it will be very small.

I understand it all depends on how much revenue is generated but for the first few years I would estimate it will not reach more than 1000euro per year.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭capefear

Keithirl wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone on here could help me,

I'm thinking of setting up a new website reviewing products.
    I plan to have some ads on the website.

Do I need to register as a company?
    I would hope to eventually generate some revenue on the site but it will be very small.

I understand it all depends on how much revenue is generated but for the first few years I would estimate it will not reach more than 1000euro per year.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Keep it simple. Don't set up a company. Register the business name buy the domain name and set up the site. Keep a list of all your expenses and any revenue you earn.

If you set up a company it will cost you 175 to set up another grand to get an accountant to prepare accounts.

So as I said keep it simple until your generating income than look at setting up a company.

Sorry for the short answer just typing on a phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Capefear nailed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Keithirl

Thank you very much!
    That makes a lot of sense to me now that you have said it.
    Short, sweet and to the point I really appreciate the advice.

Advertisement