Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ceilí dancing in Labane

Options
  • 12-04-2013 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭

I saw a poster for a Monthly Ceilí''s in Labane Co. Galway (I presume, on the way to Gort). Does anyone know about these? Is it ceilí dancing (walls' of Limerick, seige of Ennis, Heel Toe) or Set dancing? It didn't say on the poster. I don't know Set dancing very well, just did it for a while, but if it was Ceilí....:)

I organised a small ceili, with waltzes etc. for friends round Paddy's day and it went down a bomb. Unfortunatly most folk didn't know the dances so I had to call them (thank God for youtube). But if it was a ceilí where I could actually dance without shouting at a bunch of mates, I'd love it. Actually I would love ceilí to come back into fashion!:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Pretty sure it will be a set dancing ceili. Mate of mine is big into it and I've heard him mention Labane before.
    I could be wrong though.... :o

Advertisement