Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is a previously viewed web page stored on my computer?

Options
  • 12-04-2013 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi - I'm sorry if this is a stupid question! I looked at a web page earlier today, and should have copied some stuff off it. When I return to the page now it has changed, some of the content has been altered. As I looked at the page earlier in the day, is that version of the page stored somewhere on my computer? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Broad wrote: »
    Hi - I'm sorry if this is a stupid question! I looked at a web page earlier today, and should have copied some stuff off it. When I return to the page now it has changed, some of the content has been altered. As I looked at the page earlier in the day, is that version of the page stored somewhere on my computer? Thanks

Some content get's "cached", but that does not mean the whole page unfortunately. My guessing is you won't be able to get the old revision back, search for the web page in google, and look for the small arrow next to it and click "Cached", this may contain the revision you want

Nick

Advertisement