Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

canada

Options
  • 12-04-2013 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi has anyone worked in the countryside of around sascatoon I am after geting a job there for the harvest going in june just wondering is there anything to do around there or is it like been stuck in the bush over in australia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

A friend of mine is emigrating to there next week.

It is a city of over 200,000 people and seems to be very nice.... you'll probably bump in to him as he is a big guy with a thick Monaghan accent.

Have a look here

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jockey joe

rx8 wrote: »
    A friend of mine is emigrating to there next week.

It is a city of over 200,000 people and seems to be very nice.... you'll probably bump in to him as he is a big guy with a thick Monaghan accent.

Have a look here

It looks like a nice place what is your friend going working there at

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭coulagh1986

I havnt been to Saskatoon but I hear it has really good nightlife for a city that size. Theyll be loads of rodeos festivals there over the summer. If your single Canadian girls love the accent especially when you move out of the bigger cities ;)

I havnt been to Saskatoon but I hear it has really good nightlife for a city that size. Theyll be loads of rodeos festivals there over the summer. If your single Canadian girls love the accent especially when you move out of the bigger cities ;)

I am looking forward to going now and by the way I am single

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ms. Ka

Where outside of Saskatoon? I live in a town north-west of the city & its grand if you are used to the rural life. If you are coming for harvest I cant imagine you will have a lot of free time. The average farm size here is about 5000ac.
    Good luck!

• Advertisement

Hi ms.ka I am not sure of the exact part of saskatoon the employer just said it was south east of saskatoon . I like the countryside I am from the country . Would there be a lot of big towns outside of sasktoon

I don't really know about the SE of Saskatoon. You would need to know the area and do a google. The towns look totally different to home. There are set up so that you don't have to go to the city every time you need something.

What will you doing here? I work in agriculture too so I am just curious.

Ms. Ka wrote: »
    I don't really know about the SE of Saskatoon. You would need to know the area and do a google. The towns look totally different to home. There are set up so that you don't have to go to the city every time you need something.

What will you doing here? I work in agriculture too so I am just curious.

I am going doing the silage for the season what do you do. I was just wondering how much do flight cost to get there I was looking around and there is a lot of diffrent prices

I work for an agricultural dealership here working with the variable rate technology on the machines. Flights have taken a massive jump since last year, I flew over in June for about 650 euro & it cost about 1200 euro at Christmas, just paid about 1650 to come home in July for a wedding. Check out skyscanner for flights, there are lots of different routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

You work with seeding equipment by any chance?

• Advertisement

yes I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

You might have seen our stuff around then, I work for Bourgault

Ms. Ka wrote: »
    I work for an agricultural dealership here working with the variable rate technology on the machines. Flights have taken a massive jump since last year, I flew over in June for about 650 euro & it cost about 1200 euro at Christmas, just paid about 1650 to come home in July for a heading. Check out skyscanner for flights, there are lots of different routes.

Yeah I checked skyscanner there tonight 1100 I thought it would be a lot less then that

You might have seen our stuff around then, I work for Bourgault

I have indeed! I have been around Melfort but my colleague covers that area now.

$1100 return? is not too bad!

Advertisement