Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Nursing Entrance Exam

Options
  • 12-04-2013 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi
    I am sitting the entrance exam for Mature Nursing but I am very worried about the Maths paper. I would be very grateful for any advice on what maths to practice with and what type of books.
    Also is the familiarization test similar to the real test or is the real test alot more difficult?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dedede

hi all,how did yous get on in the mature nursing exam today.
    i thought the maths was very hard this year. good luck to all that done the exam today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Alix

Ran out of time on maths and job simulation. 15min for the maths is ridiculous.

it is ridiculous you would never finish maths and simulation it the time given, at the last 5 mins to go for both of them i just filled the rest.as i new i wouldnt finish them. i thought the maths was very hard, last years maths wasnt as hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Wizzy2011

Maths was my strong subject, finished it within time bit could see how many have struggled especially with the area question. Found the work experience section very open and unfair if you answered honestly, like myself my score is likely to be lower than those who answered with white lies

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jennifer35

I am so annoyed with the Maths paper. I started off ok and as the questions went on and the time was ticking I think
    I just went blank. I think I did well in everything else but sure its no good now the maths was a disaster..
    I do think the work experience section was a little unfair for some people who might not have much experience.
    I heard the maths paper was much harder this year then last. Over all I think we all got a raw deal this year as they obviously
    did it that way on purpose..I am not impressed at all..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Tess13

Hey, I did it in Dublin on sat, didn't get the last 2 questions in maths done, saw there was 30 sec left and randomly gave answers to them. Though the last test was a bit difficult, brain was frazzled at that stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Wineport

Hey Jennifer 35, go easy on yourself. You never know. The maths was tough but I think we might all be in the same boat there, so the pass mark for that section might be lower than you think. And if you did good on the other sections you're in good shape. The best of luck to everyone.

hi jennifer 35,i did it last year,and this year was much harder,especially the maths. i think most people feel the same.dnt be hard on yr self. i dnt think it is fair either.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jennifer35

Hi Dedede and Wineport

Thanks for your replies. Although I would'nt be banking on it now I have calmed down a little since last week :) Wish everyone luck and we all can only do our best!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 January Again

jennifer35 wrote: »
    Hi Dedede and Wineport

Thanks for your replies. Although I would'nt be banking on it now I have calmed down a little since last week :) Wish everyone luck and we all can only do our best!

I agree Wineport everyone was in the same boat with the Maths therefore marks will be lower all round. It was my first time sitting it n thought time for maths was too short. Best of luck all 😄

• Advertisement
Advertisement