Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reflux and aptimil comfort

Options
  • 13-04-2013 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

We moved our 5 week old onto aptamil comfort this week to help with with his reflux. He's using avent bottles with a 2 teat. Despite sucking like mad he was having problems getting the comfort out so we moved him to a 3 teat which it flies out off. However we think that our son just doesn't like comfort. Regardless of what teat we use he refuses to drink it. He will use the 2 and 3 teats no problem with aptamil first milk formula. Has anyone else's little one refused comfort? I'm in the verge of giving up on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

yellow hen wrote: »
    We moved our 5 week old onto aptamil comfort this week to help with with his reflux. He's using avent bottles with a 2 teat. Despite sucking like mad he was having problems getting the comfort out so we moved him to a 3 teat which it flies out off. However we think that our son just doesn't like comfort. Regardless of what teat we use he refuses to drink it. He will use the 2 and 3 teats no problem with aptamil first milk formula. Has anyone else's little one refused comfort? I'm in the verge of giving up on it.

Could try the variable flow teats? You can kinda do a 2&1:2 with those!! The thickness is the problem but also the reason it works! Did u try dr browns bottles? Little A was on dr browns & comfort milk from 4 months til about 9! Then back to the avent cos her tummy troubles were gone and they are easier to clean!
    We always needed a size up in the dr browns teats for the comfort milk - or they do one for thicker liquids. It's kind of trial & error unfort .
    It could be he doesn't like it - but I imagine they all v similar?

Sorry that post isn't overly helpful!!
    Infacol too - but think u've tried that!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Inishowen lady

We used Advent No 2 with Aptimal comfort, we tried DR Brownes and he hated it. I think it is a case of trial and error as each baby has their own preference.
    I would say the opposite of Dublinlady and say avoid Infacol at all costs as it has a little orange in it which aggrevates reflux, but as I said it's all trial and error and may work for you.

Good luck, reflux is a challenge, our little guy is 7.5 months so we are hoping we are almost out of the woods now. In the end we went down the Gaviscon route (on doc's advise) it was a Godsend, but we were lucky and didn't have any nasty side effects from it.

Advertisement