Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPP drops animal cruelty case ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 2sumitup

I couldn't believe my eyes when I read that this morning!!!! Unbelievable. Cant say they didn't have evidence if they were caught in the act - so what else? I hope to hear an explanation on this one otherwise they may as well give licence to the others who are probably doing this day in day out. Am outraged here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Its more than likely they provided information on others to avoid being prosecuted..Can't see any other reason they got their charges thrown out.
    Sickening though..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Was gutted when I read this. I hope the DPP has a very good reason for dropping charges but I suspect we will never find out why charges were dropped.

Sickening is the word indeed! If thats true I'll be watching eagerly and hope to hear about some very serious prosecutions very very soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Its just sickening to read this, there really is no justice in this country for the poor defenceless animals who suffer at the hands of people like those two every day.

• Advertisement

If this "get out of jail free card" doesn't generate serious public reaction I'd be very surprised (and extremely let down). It's so very disappointing, unacceptable and truly frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭fleabag

I'm guessing there won't be anything like the reaction there ought to be. There were some suggestions of brown envelopes being exchanged on the LAW page.

Truth is, most people just don't care and, in common with so many other violations of our miserably ineffectual animal cruelty laws, perpetrators get away scot-free.

I'll follow this one through to the ends of the law and can't let this go unaccounted for. There was another case today which made me so so sad - it was of a stolen little dog Clara from Clondalkin. I won't get into it here because for one thing its far too upsetting but suffice to say that people who are abusing, stealing and kidnapping animals for financial gain have to be stopped. We need someone to stand up for them and make that happen! I'll do everything I can to help make that happen. I've had enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

I do watch a lot of those animal rescue shows on Animal Planet such as Animal Cops Houston or whichever & to see the time & effort that goes into prosecuting someone on animal neglect or abuse charges is really impressive. Only today was watching RSPCA animal rescue which is based in Australia & heard one of the cases featured would have landed the culprit in prison for up to 5 years. Really is appalling the way the Irish courts attitude to these sort of cases is ignored & not deemed important enough. Is it any wonder animal abuse & neglect is getting worse & worse over here by the week. Disgraceful & Saddening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

gidget wrote: »
    I do watch a lot of those animal rescue shows on Animal Planet such as Animal Cops Houston or whichever & to see the time & effort that goes into prosectuing someone on animal neglect or abuse charges is really impressive. Only today was watching RSPCA animal rescue which is based in Australia & heard one of the cases featured would have landed the culprit in prison for up to 5 years. Really is appalling the way the Irish courts attitude to these sort of cases is ignored & not deemed important enough. Is it any wonder animal abuse & neglect is getting worse & worse over here by the week. Disgraceful & Saddening.

Totally true. It is disgraceful. Unfortunately our country and its laws and being made and run by inept idiots and cases like this and far far worse just go unpunished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Maybe they had the charges dropped in exchange for surrendering the puppies to the ISPCA inspectors?

cases get thrown out of court all the time due to clerical errors etc... I can only hope it was done for something positive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

cases get thrown out of court all the time due to clerical errors etc... I can only hope it was done for something positive.

Our taxes shouldn't be paying people to make "clerical errors"..

Advertisement