Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question regarding blacklisting a phone.

Options
  • 13-04-2013 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi I hope you guys can help me. I bought my phone online from Amazon and I've had insurance on it since I bought it in October. I've heard rumours that phone networks won't blacklist your phone unless is was bought off them. Is this true and if so is there any way of showing them proof of purchase to get them to blacklist it? For the record there isn't anything wrong with the phone this is a just in case question. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I'm in the same boat, and I've launched a question with one of the networks who are claiming that the actual manufacturer is responsible, which I'm disputing. This would mean that insurance is technically void.

I'm hoping that someone with more knowledge can shed a light on it also, so I'll be monitoring this thread.

What network are you on?

Advertisement