Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Rash Inspired Kickstarter

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Right, played a bit more yesterday evening. My thoughts;

• Rubber-banding has been drastically reduced - races no longer feel fixed. Very positive! Also makes melee much easier to initiate.
    • Handling feels a tad better.
    • Lots of graphical improvements/better animations.
    • The addition of cops and AI v AI melee are huge positives.
    • The new map is nicely done.
    • The new play modes add some nice variety, although some are still way OTT (raining cars mode) for my personal tastes.
    • Physics are improved, though still need work (lots of collisions do nothing other than bounce you around).
    • The debris model is much improved, though could probably be toned down further imo.
    • Some weapons are great - love the sticky bomb, although it should be very limited in the final release, imo.
    • The pipe bombs though are pretty crap - too hard to use. I think the devs acknowledge this too.
    • Slight tweak to the controls is mixed; you can now "counter" an AI swing and disarm them which is good, but I don't like the double tap nitro activation.
    • You now rejoin the race much quicker after unseating than before.
    • The changes do make the game feel a bit easier now, though that should be remedied by more balancing and different difficulty levels nearer full release, as well as playing against other players rather than AI of course.

I'll add more when I get around to playing it again, but it's a definite improvement over an already solid starting point. Still a long way to go though which is probably going to be the sticking point for a lot of people - I can see progress being pretty slow given the size of the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Kyotokid

Sounds great, thanks for the update, go indies! :)

tumblr_lxdwe0c1LM1r1w5ayo1_250.gif
    RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!

any body get a steam key yet?
    or know how to get one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

urbanledge wrote: »
    tumblr_lxdwe0c1LM1r1w5ayo1_250.gif
    RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!

any body get a steam key yet?
    or know how to get one?

Got mine during the week... Did you get sorted yourself yet?

Advertisement