Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lower leg tattoo on a guy

• 13-04-2013 11:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Am thinking of getting my first tattoo and would like to get the inscription from the ring in Lord of the Rings in Elvish. Because the script arches around the ring, I'd like it also to arch around on my body so was thinking of wrist or lower leg above the ankle. However, wrist is out due to employment concerns. I was concerned though that maybe getting a circular tattoo above the ankle is not a guy thing? I'm pretty confident and don't generally let the opinions of others impact me, but even the coolest tattoo would be undermined when everyone lookng at it was thinking its in a location usually chosen by girls!

Any opinions?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

As long as you don't plan the placement around the the strapline of your new killer pumps, I can't see an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

There's a slight chance it could look like that rosary bead tattoo that's popular amongst the lady's at a glance but if you really want it you shouldn't really care.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

The only way to break stereotypes and stigmas is to go out there and disregard them. I think the world is starting to know better than to look negatively on a guy for those things, but you'll always have those few. If you get a good piece there and are confidant about it, others will follow and you'll have done the world a service. Every little helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

I've 1/2 a cherry blossom tree on my leg and never worried if it was manly or not :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Chikablam

That sounds god damn awesome
    If you're really concerned though, you could always get it a bit higher, on your calf

• Advertisement
Advertisement