Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 33 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,299 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

km79 wrote: »
    Baines.....Felliani...... :)

Nah they should just add them all up and give them to giroud...or Distin ;)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Should've captained Distin :o

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Had Baines, Sagna and Cazorla so not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

71 (-16) with De Gea, Rafael (hopefully) and captain RVP to go, pretty happy with this week. Clean sheet and Van Persie Hat-trick isn't beyond the realms of possibility although would be more than happy with just a clean sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

had 5 players incl captain in that game, and got 20 points from it, ok i suppose but was really hoping to make up ground, most people will have got 10+ points from that game anyway.
    up to 69 (-4) with DDG, Evra, RVP and zab to play. Not bad but this was my chance to really make up ground and didn't quite work out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Hogey007 wrote: »
    had 5 players incl captain in that game, and got 20 points from it, ok i suppose but was really hoping to make up ground, most people will have got 10+ points from that game anyway.
    up to 69 (-4) with DDG, Evra, RVP and zab to play. Not bad but this was my chance to really make up ground and didn't quite work out.

I had 4 playing, and one was my captain so essentially 5, and I only got 18 points. So pretty disappointing.

Also have 4 to go. RVP, Lamps, Ruiz and Clichy. Bit of a mixed bag which might be a good thing, so I'm not depending on 1 team to do well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Not the worst result I guess. 24 points from 5 players, with captain Cazorla totally failing. Any idea of the BP's? 60 points (-8) with Zabaleta, De Gea and Evra.

0-0 in all other games please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Great result tonight even with Santo as captain, also had distin, sagna and Coleman but more importantly fellaini did nothing, Coleman actually outscored him this game week (before tonights bps) Some bps for distin or Coleman would be great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

All looking good for RVP now,hopefully he bags a goal or 2 tomorrow night.
    58 with Yaya,Mata,De Gea and RVP to come....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Any word on Rafael? Took a hit to get him in, really need him to start tomorrow night :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Distin 3 fair enough
    Mirallis 2 ......Sagna arteta 1 . Bizarre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

km79 wrote: »
    Distin 3 fair enough
    Mirallis 2 ......Sagna arteta 1 . Bizarre

i was hoping cazorla might have sneaked in with 2 or even 1 point.
    Just the 1 bp for me then from sagna.
    brilliant return from anyone that got in an everton defender for the dgw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

That was grand. Cazorla was the only player I feared doing anything this DGW. 5pts from 2 games is definitely good news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Nice 3 unexpected bps there from mirrales and arteta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Jagielka, Coleman and Ramsey were the three best players tonight I thought and not a bp between them :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

71 (-16) with De Gea, Rafael (hopefully) and captain RVP to go, pretty happy with this week. Clean sheet and Van Persie Hat-trick isn't beyond the realms of possibility although would be more than happy with just a clean sheet.

Joke?

On his current form, we'd be lucky with an assist.

Jagielka, Coleman and Ramsey were the three best players tonight I thought and not a bp between them :eek:

Yes but this bonus system doesn't reward the best players, it rewards the ones with the best PPI. As soon as you accept that the BP's are not a reward for how well a player performs, the easier it is to accept them...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    Joke?

On his current form, we'd be lucky with an assist.

45% joke, 50% wishful thinking and 5% yeah pretty serious now that he has the monkey off his back. A United clean sheet is my main hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Up to the lofty heights of 10,291. I only have De Gea and RVP playing tonight so I expect to fall.

Not really bothered how De Gea does as plenty of people have doubled up on the united defence. Wouldn't mind seeing Evra rested and Buttner start which I think could be a possibility.

It's all up to RVP. Even a goal and the three bonus would be great.

And Swiper, I am impressed with your knowledge of my home county that you can cover one end of Cavan (Ballyjamesduff) to the other (Nevin Maguire's hometown Blacklion) in one post.

You forgot to mention our three in a row Ulster U21 winning team though. As this is a soccer forum, I'll let ya away with it :D

10,068th. What a pr*ck tease... Clean sheets for United and City and a 2 pointer from RVP should see be squeeze back inside the top 10k. If Evra or Zabaleta feel like popping up with a goal it would be much appreciated. Cazorla as captain was a total fail, and I managed to stick the vice captaincy on Fellaini. The two lowest scoring DGWers on my team.

FutureGuy - that wildcard has been immense, you could hit 100 this week AND have three Wigan players in preparation for the next DGW. I've never seen a more beneficial time to use a WC. The guy who has moved up to 2nd in the league did the same.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

roryc wrote: »
    10,068th. What a pr*ck tease... Clean sheets for United and City and a 2 pointer from RVP should see be squeeze back inside the top 10k. If Evra or Zabaleta feel like popping up with a goal it would be much appreciated. Cazorla as captain was a total fail, and I managed to stick the vice captaincy on Fellaini. The two lowest scoring DGWers on my team.

FutureGuy - that wildcard has been immense, you could hit 100 this week AND have three Wigan players in preparation for the next DGW. I've never seen a more beneficial time to use a WC. The guy who has moved up to 2nd in the league did the same.

Just lucky that the fixtures fell into place. There was a time after Christmas that it looked like it was a massive mistake to hold the wildcard.

However, I was hoping for better weeks from Cazorla and Fellaini and I captained the former. A big week from Mata and most non-wildcarders will have caught me.

Yeah I have 4 for the next DGW (2 Wigan and 2 City) and will get that up to 9 by GW36. I'm hoping Nastasic and Yaya are the correct selections (2 players I felt would play both games).

Like yourself, hoping for a United clean sheet and anything I can get from Yaya (my massive differential this week with doubts about Silva), Berbatov and Van Persie would be great! I have a feeling I'll be close to the 100 but not over it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lemlin wrote: »
    Up to the lofty heights of 10,291. I only have De Gea and RVP playing tonight so I expect to fall.

Not really bothered how De Gea does as plenty of people have doubled up on the united defence. Wouldn't mind seeing Evra rested and Buttner start which I think could be a possibility.

And Swiper, I am impressed with your knowledge of my home county that you can cover one end of Cavan (Ballyjamesduff) to the other (Nevin Maguire's hometown Blacklion) in one post.

You forgot to mention our three in a row Ulster U21 winning team though. As this is a soccer forum, I'll let ya away with it :D

Ooh yourself and Rory separated by about 200 places :D

For me, there's no way Evra is being rested tonight. West Ham away is a potential banana skin and I expect a full strength team tonighht and at the weekend.

I'm in two minds regarding RVP. Alot of of people have him as captain, but alot don't have him at all. I say, "Run Riot RVP!". A chance to get some points back on the Suarez camp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Many of my rivals ditched RVP or couldn't afford him so I hope he runs wild,depending on Hazard to play also or it's a lowly 2 points from Martin on my bench to come in.

Captaining Cazorla seemed like a no brainer but that's been a bust,still got back to green arrows today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Lemlin wrote: »

Well to be fair I'd be hard pressed to do a Norwegian commentator style rant if I ever wiped your eye over something or other, it would go something like this "Neven Maguire, Big Tom, yer man off countrywide, Seanie Johnston, Catherina McKiernan..... your boys took a hell of a beating".:pac::pac:
    Sorry, back to FF, that prob went over a few heads;).

I need Rooney to score double figures tonight or it's a very bad week, I also have Berba, Hazard and Mata and currently sit on 38 points with 8 to come off that, Flukey Norwich goal on sat and Fabianski missing last night really cost me as I doubled up on Gunners defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

at 878th.

meh, down 100 places.

Mert, Fellaini and Cazorla cleanies last night.

RVP (c), DDG, Yaya and Berba to come this evening.

a big night for RVP, and a quiet night from Mata, will end all doubt in the last of my leagues I really care about.

i said it at the weekend, but considering my 8 point hit, and the fact that Saturday was an absolute abomination, if i end the GW in the top 1,000, it will be a bit of a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Last night couldn't really have gone any better for me but I'm still very worried about tonight's games with a bunch of players who could undo all the progress of getting lucky captaining RVP over Cazorla.

Quiet nights needed from Mata, Touré and Fulham pretty much, although RVP hitting a couple would pretty much cover me either way.

55 points so far anyway with De Gea, Zabaleta and RVP(c) remaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

SlickRic wrote: »
    at 878th.

meh, down 100 places.

Mert, Fellaini and Cazorla cleanies last night.

RVP (c), DDG, Yaya and Berba to come this evening.

a big night for RVP, and a quiet night from Mata, will end all doubt in the last of my leagues I really care about.

i said it at the weekend, but considering my 8 point hit, and the fact that Saturday was an absolute abomination, if i end the GW in the top 1,000, it will be a bit of a result.

Funny, I spent a lot of this season checking out your team for pointers only to have sneaked ahead of you in 870th for the moment.

Think I've had a big rub of the green these last few weeks in particular.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Funny, I spent a lot of this season checking out your team for pointers only to have sneaked ahead of you in 870th for the moment.

Think I've had a big rub of the green these last few weeks in particular.

well done.

it's the swings and roundabouts of the game, eh? it also shows how long a season it actually is.

i made some bad decisions a couple of months ago, and have struggled to recover fully from them - not having Suarez, but having Sturridge being the main one. you could argue that staying with RVP through the rough patch was another error of sorts.

the other one was not getting on Zabaleta when I should have, even though i knew I should have. i've been quite weak in getting my defence right in general in the second half of the season.

getting in Benteke and DDG at the right times has somewhat helped, but near the top, one or 2 mistakes and you fall a couple of hundred places quite quickly, so you've done very well to get on a run that has seen you get in the top 1,000.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Last night couldn't really have gone any better for me but I'm still very worried about tonight's games with a bunch of players who could undo all the progress of getting lucky captaining RVP over Cazorla.

I don't think it's lucky at all, I said before the weekend that if i had RVP I would have captained him over Cazorla and people laughed at me :)

In saying that, scoring a penalty doesn't exactly scream that he's back on form. I really need a 2 pointer from him tonight.

• Advertisement

roryc wrote: »
    I really need a 2 pointer from him tonight.

shut up you.

Advertisement