Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 33 Matchday Thread

1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

82 (-8)

Zab not playing the only real disappointment this week. The Arteta gamble of a couple of weeks back has paid off, the Manolev gamble this week definitely didnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

92 (-16) Delighted with the week, first time i sat down and thought about my team in 2 months having been away to clear the dross yet kept the faith in captain RVP. Arteta/Mirallas/Baines/De Gea all worked out too, Fellaini was my only weak signing.

Currently at 121,000 so I reckon the top 70,000 is my aim now for the next few weeks/end of season. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Absolute disaster of a week for me, couldn't have gone much worse. 47 points with a 4 point hit, and my lead in my main league has been cut by over 30 points. My keeper De Gea scored the most points for goodness sake! My 4th consecutive week seeing red arrows. Not a happy bunny right now.

Oh and ....

7hcgvA.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭ciaran76

92 got a lucky 4 points as Wilson didn't play and McAnuff got drafted in for a nice extra 4 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Finished on 71 points with, more importantly, no points hits. Now at 12,367.

Down from the heights of 10k yesterday but green arrows in all my leagues and a good 2k or so rise for the week.

I also put an end to a certain stat I was informed of yesterday which reminded me of one of my other favourite stats:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Hogey007 wrote: »
    bp's are up, 2 for RVP.

Of course he did! Biggest single drop this season after one night's football, down 40% of my overall standing. Less of them please! 63(-8) - gone from one of the higher scores to one of the lowest overnight.

Don't think I'll make any changes this week but my captain choice is a bit f**ked. RVP the obvious choice at home to Villa. Hopefully a penalty and offside goal doesn't mean he's back on form, another goal from him could be the final nail in the coffin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

90 for the week but that's with the wildcard used.

I'm not overly delighted with it when I see many of the scores in my leagues but I'm in a decent position for the rest of the season plans-wise.

One of my money leagues tied up, tied for 5th in FSA (5 paid) and 3rd in another league (3 paid).

My only concern is that, of all the people ahead of me in those leagues, I'm only one of two that does not have Suarez...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

held pretty steady in the end at 700ish.

happy out.

decent plans for the rest of the season where i'll take a maximum of one 4-point hit I reckon, so as I say, happy out.

SlickRic wrote: »

happy out.

decent plans for the rest of the season where i'll take a maximum of one 4-point hit I reckon, so as I say, happy out.

Interesting. How many players do you currently have for the DGW in GW36.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Interesting. How many players do you currently have for the DGW in GW36.

i'm not going to go all out for it, especially because Man City's fixture list means you can only really trust a couple of players to start both games.

i currently have Yaya, Davies and Michu for the double. my current plan is...

Sissoko
    > Maloney this week.

for GW35...Harte
    > Spurs defender.
    (maybe also get Bale in at this point at a hit for Cazorla/Fellaini as I suspect Spurs' counter attacking style might suit the away game at Wigan but I may delay it until the next week.)

for GW36...i might switch Yaya to Silva (more likely of points), or Benteke/Berba to Kone. if I've waited until this week for Bale, then i'll either just do Bale, or take a hit.

basically I know the kinds of things I want to do, and I'm set to have 5/6 for the DGW, which I'm fine with.

i don't think a massive points hit will be worth it.

nothing's ever set in stone, so I'm not going to pretend it is, but they're the things I'm thinking about.

• Advertisement

i'm not going to go all out for it, especially because Man City's fixture list means you can only really trust a couple of players to start both games.

i currently have Yaya, Davies and Michu for the double. my current plan is...

Sissoko
    > Maloney this week.

for GW35...Harte
    > Spurs defender.
    (maybe also get Bale in at this point at a hit for Cazorla/Fellaini as I suspect Spurs' counter attacking style might suit the away game at Wigan but I may delay it until the next week.)

for GW36...i might switch Yaya to Silva (more likely of points), or Benteke/Berba to Kone. if I've waited until this week for Bale, then i'll either just do Bale, or take a hit.

basically I know the kinds of things I want to do, and I'm set to have 5/6 for the DGW, which I'm fine with.

i don't think a massive points hit will be worth it.

nothing's ever set in stone, so I'm not going to pretend it is, but they're the things I'm thinking about.

I have 4 right now and hoping to get that to 9. It will mean taking an 8 point hit over the next 3 weeks but I've never had a problem with taking hits :P I may even take a 4 point hit in each of the next 3 gameweeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jonjoshelvey

72 happy out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Back in top 10K after a couple of weeks outside. Holding on in work and money leagues. Can we end the season now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Into top 10k after hovering outside it for weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

happy out.

Back to looking at your team for inspiration so :)

Landed on 880 after hitting 72 points, no hits taken.

Advertisement