Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 33 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

FutureGuy wrote: »

I'm in two minds regarding RVP. Alot of of people have him as captain, but alot don't have him at all. I say, "Run Riot RVP!". A chance to get some points back on the Suarez camp.

Have both RVP and Suarez, and I would think a lot of people the same (ownership RVP 38%, Suarez 40%).

They have been the two top strikers by a clear margin since xmas, and with the wildcard leveling things (some say unfairly and I agree:mad:) most teams would have gone with RVP Suarez and Lambert/Berb/Benteke.

I know some ditched RVP but I don't think there are two 'camps', Suarez or RVP?

I don't ever wish one of my players not to produce just because I don't have him captain, I always just think points are points for my team:)

Back into <1000 after clean sheets last night. Carzola captain fail, he had one great chance which Jagielka did superb to block. Overall though those of us that captained him really needed the goods against Norwich.

Fair play to those who stuck with RVP as capt despite his poor run of form of late

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

roryc wrote: »
    I don't think it's lucky at all, I said before the weekend that if i had RVP I would have captained him over Cazorla and people laughed at me :)

In saying that, scoring a penalty doesn't exactly scream that he's back on form. I really need a 2 pointer from him tonight.

Well I suppose there's no real shock when a 1.8 AGS lands a goal, but on the other hand with everyone else I'm battling with plumping for Santi it was pretty unlikely for Arsenal to land three goals and him not to be involved in anything.

I don't agree that RVP has been playing poorly at all, the service to him has declined considerably sure but he's still playing great IMO. Even in terms of FF he was a Phil Jones derp from having attacking returns in four out of the last five. Not rattling them in but hardly fallen off a cliff.

keane2097 wrote: »

I don't agree that RVP has been playing poorly at all, the service to him has declined considerably sure but he's still playing great IMO. Even in terms of FF he was a Phil Jones derp from having attacking returns in four out of the last five. Not rattling them in but hardly fallen off a cliff.

+1

Everyone has been slating RVP but I think his movement, effort etc has not really changed.

The problem is Utd midfield has been very poor especially on the wings. RVP is just not getting the service.

Sir Alex has clearly identified defense problems and tightened up (remember the start of the year!) and I think RVP output has also declined because of this. AF correctly has focused on getting solid if boring wins rather than playing flowing attacking football!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

moreau wrote: »
    +1

Everyone has been slating RVP but I think his movement, effort etc has not really changed.

The problem is Utd midfield has been very poor especially on the wings. RVP is just not getting the service.

Sir Alex has clearly identified defense problems and tightened up (remember the start of the year!) and I think RVP output has also declined because of this. AF correctly has focused on getting solid if boring wins rather than playing flowing attacking football!
    He has been involved in all of Uniteds goals last 3 games......that will continue tonight assuming he starts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

To be fair to RVP, he could have scored a lot more points over the last few weeks. There've been a few situations where he's assisted an assisted, like Phil Jones shouldering the ball against Kompany.

Not having DDG has hurt me quite a lot. I think a few weeks back I was .1 away but Bunn was racking up the points. This week it would have meant turning a 4 point hit into an 8 point one (in hindsight Fellaini did nothing and Mert-Sagna was pointless, but at the time both made a lot of sense). I don't like taking such big hits but came very close to pulling the trigger anyway.

Hopefully Carrol can keep up his form and get me a goal tonight. In a dream world DDG gets sent off, but the only time I remember him being sent off was against Real Madrid playing for Atleti, and I think Madrid's attack was just a tad more mobile than what he'll face tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Ooh yourself and Rory separated by about 200 places :D

For me, there's no way Evra is being rested tonight. West Ham away is a potential banana skin and I expect a full strength team tonighht and at the weekend.

I'm in two minds regarding RVP. Alot of of people have him as captain, but alot don't have him at all. I say, "Run Riot RVP!". A chance to get some points back on the Suarez camp.

223 places which is the result of a one point difference. A big change from earlier in the season when Rory was very confident of finishing ahead of me for the first time in a few years :D

Like I always say though, the season doesn't end until the bonus points are added in GW38 so we'll see where everyone finishes up then. Considering I'm having what I see as my poorest season in a few years and have my private leagues tied up, I'd be delighted with a third successive top 12k finish.

In regards to Evra, I was surprised Fergie rested Rafael on Sunday. Having rested him then, and his comments about both players being exhausted a few weeks ago, I'd hope a similar rest could be on the cards for Evra tonight.

Alot of people don't have RVP tonight so a hat trick would be welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Rafael wasn't even on the bench on Sunday so he could have an injury we haven't heard of .

Fergie said the exact same 20 players who went to Stoke travelled for the West Ham so unless Rafael was 1 of the 2 left out of the match day squad on Sunday I wouldn't be overly confident of him playing tonight .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Lemlin wrote: »
    223 places which is the result of a one point difference. A big change from earlier in the season when Rory was very confident of finishing ahead of me for the first time in a few years :D

I led you for 90% of last year and have led you for 100% of this year. Pipe down please.

I led you for 90% of last year and have led you for 100% of this year. Pipe down please.

That's a fantastic comeback. You led me for the 90% of the season that meant fook all but capitulated for the final 10% where it really mattered and finished below me.

It's the final table that matters. Feck all else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

With all my focus on RVP & Hazard playing tonight,I forgot that I had Riether on my team......3 players left,yipee.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    With all my focus on RVP & Hazard playing tonight,I forgot that I had Riether on my team......3 players left,yipee.

Wouldn't expect Riether to pick up many points tonight though.

Wouldn't expect Riether to pick up many points tonight though.

The way my luck has been going this DGW,I reckon none of my 3 to pick up many points,however,Chelsea haven't won away since Stoke in January & haven't beaten Fulham away in 4 seasons plus it'll be interesting to see Rafa's team selection.

Ooh yourself and Rory separated by about 200 places :D

You are some sh*t stirrer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Any news on Silva lads and ladies?

Lemlin wrote: »
    That's a fantastic comeback. You led me for the 90% of the season that meant fook all but capitulated for the final 10% where it really mattered and finished below me.

It's the final table that matters. Feck all else.

I see... It does sound logical, it's all about where you finish isn't it! But then again, you live in Cavan, by choice, so I just can't seem to agree with you I'm afraid. Hopefully I don't capitulate again this season so you don't have to resort to making up stats again. Let the truth set you free!

Just to add, summer has arrived over here so I really can't continue these petty little arguments. Toodles x

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

irishfeen wrote: »
    Any news on Silva lads and ladies?

None whatsoever. I can't see him starting tonight tbh if there is even a tiny doubt surrounding his fitness.

None whatsoever. I can't see him starting tonight tbh if there is even a tiny doubt surrounding his fitness.

Word is that he won't play.

@ Lemlin and Roryc.

SAF-mind-games_650x366.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

All the green arrows are still green, with four more to play tonight, including my captain again. Unfortunately, 3 of them players are playing in the same match.

I see... It does sound logical, it's all about where you finish isn't it! But then again, you live in Cavan, by choice, so I just can't seem to agree with you I'm afraid. Hopefully I don't capitulate again this season so you don't have to resort to making up stats again. Let the truth set you free!

Just to add, summer has arrived over here so I really can't continue these petty little arguments. Toodles x

Yawn. Back to an attempt at going personal again because when it comes to what this forum is about, Fantasy Football, you fail.

As I've said previously, unless you're not happy in your own personal life, I fail to see why you're attempting to boast about it in a forum where it makes fook all difference.

Interesting that you haven't time for the forum today but most other days you've time to post 400 to 500 word discussions on what your next transfer is.

Then again, I see you team as more of a forum effort than your own. After all, I don't think you'd pass wind next to your laptop when logged into FF without running the different choices available past the forum first!

And, having listed ever possible option for passing wind, you'll come back whingeing for the entire gameweek thread about how one of the 4/5 options you listed outperformed your final choice and you were so close to going for that option!

• Advertisement

No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Wow, I really hope you're not being serious there.

qwabercd wrote: »
    Wow, I really hope you're not being serious there.

Yep, similar to United last year I blew up spectacularly and faceplanted before the finish line. As he rightly says above though it's who is ahead at the end though isn't it.

There's football tonight, can we talk about something other than me and farmboy?

Yep, similar to United last year I blew up spectacularly and faceplanted before the finish line. As he rightly says above though it's who is ahead at the end though isn't it.

There's football tonight, can we talk about something other than me and farmboy?

Ooh, back to the name calling. Call me Cavan boy next. You're so original.

Fook me Rory, you're as good at banter as you are at FF :D

Ah fook it, tell us a story about living in Spain. You've fook all else to offer.

Can I ask you a question too. I lived in Dublin for several years but haven't in a while, is it really all like Love/Hate now? Just if we're basing things on geographical stereotypes. Are you in Spain on the run from the Gardai? Is that it?

No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

*Yawns* Wasn't there a thread set up for you two earlier in season lads??

*Yawns* Wasn't there a thread set up for you two earlier in season lads??

Rory had it deleted.

No thanks.

Did ya not reach the beach yet? This must be like the day you pmed me and said you were off to the beach for a beer and wouldn't be online yet were able to reply about 20 minutes later.

• Advertisement

Here's a tip for ya. If you're going to openly lie to make your life seem more interesting than it is, at least attempt to stick to the lie.

I'll leave it at that.

Back to FF now that you're back in your box.

Pathetic.

Pathetic.

Yes, I agree. It's nearly two hours since you claimed you were off to the beach yet you're still posting here.

"The truth will set you free".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

How are these guys not banned?

Why don't they just PM each other?

Oh dear lord make it stop:(

Exactly what I was hoping for when I brought in Yaya. He should play a more advance position tonight.

• Advertisement

Ormus wrote: »
    How are these guys not banned?

Why don't they just PM each other?

I'd be happy for a ban for both of us. Would be interesting to see how RoryC fares in the game without the forum and running his every move past everyone for a while.

Just hit the report button and report the posts. Mr Moon said we'd both be banned for a reocurrence so I guess this is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Summer may have arrived but remember that Winter is coming :pac:

Exactly what I was hoping for when I brought in Yaya. He should play a more advance position tonight.

Good point, the man is a beast in this position and should be playing there all the time even when Silva is playing. Defensive responsibilities are wasted on the man!

moreau wrote: »
    Good point, the man is a beast in this position and should be playing there all the time even when Silva is playing. Defensive responsibilities are wasted on the man!

In fairness, Mancini has Rodwell, Barry and Garcia who can all play defensive mid. Milliner can do a job there too and he let De Jong go.

He should of pushed Yaya forward long ago IMO and used two of those lads as defensive mids.

I don't see why he generally just does it at the end of games when they are chasing a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

he should, but he may just put Nasri up there.

still Milner and him on the wings, with Yaya and Barry further back.

i hope Yaya is further forward, I have him too, and he could run riot if he is there, but you just don't know with aul' Roberto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Re yaya its not silva that stops him playing further forward its mancini going with two strikers his preffered formation thats the issue.

Re yaya its not silva that stops him playing further forward its mancini going with two strikers his preffered formation thats the issue.

Do they not generally go with 4-2-3-1 and one of the strikers plays in the three behind the striker up top?

#MCFC XI v Wigan: Hart, Richards, Kolarov, Lescott, Kompany (C), Barry, Garcia, Yaya Toure, Nasri, Aguero, Tevez.

#mcfc subs: Pantilimon, Milner, Dzeko, Sinclair, Rodwell, Clichy, Toure, K

#MUFC De Gea, Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Jones, Kagawa, Rooney, Van Persie

Subs: Evans, Giggs, Chicharito, Nani, Welbeck, Cleverley, Amos. #MUFC #WHUFC

#whufc Jaaskelainen, Reid, Nolan, Jarvis, Carroll, Vaz Te, O'Brien, Collins, Demel, Diame, O'Neil

Subs - C.Cole, Collison, Maiga, Henderson, Taylor, Noble, Pogatetz

#wafc starting XI to face #mcfc Robles, Kone, Alcaraz, McCarthy, Di Santo, Maloney, Gomez, Boyce, Beausejour, Figueroa, Scharner

#wafc subs: Al Habsi, Caldwell, Henriquez, McManaman, McArthur, Espinoza, Stam

Jax Teller wrote: »
    #MCFC XI v Wigan: Hart, Richards, Kolarov, Lescott, Kompany (C), Barry, Garcia, Yaya Toure, Nasri, Aguero, Tevez.

I got rid of Zab due to upcoming rotation threat. Didn't expect it this quickly!

I got rid of Zab due to upcoming rotation threat. Didn't expect it this quickly!

:(

km79 wrote: »
    :(

Really need Rafael to play. If Zab makes a cameo all the better. Gives me a problem going forward though .....both are rotation risks and my other 3 are Baines (grand) Davies ......and Jenkinson !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Yaya further forward I reckon, plus no Zab.

captain VP starting too.

all perfect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Manchester United: De Gea, Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Jones, Kagawa, Rooney & Van Persie.

Rafael starts :)

Robles back in goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Johnny Evans suck my balls

uff

no Silva either

• Advertisement
Advertisement