Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Husky with wart on front paw between toe

• 13-04-2013 12:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I am NOT seeking medical advice as I've already spoken to my VET who closed today at 12.30 - more a question of what to do over the next 2 days.

A few mins ago my OH noticed Hugo licking his paw and noticed a sore which we are 99% sure is a wart. My dad lives close by and has had dogs (racing greyhounds and english bull terriers) for over 30 years and said he's seen this lots of times with greyhounds he's had... It has the associated 'cauliflower' appearance at the front and is fleshy but not angry looking/open/bleeding. I've pressed on it and Hugo hasn't shown discomfort.

So - as Hugo would get 2 long walks daily, has anyone here had experience of a dog... 1. With a wart between his toes, that 2. Was not causing pain or effecting his walk. And 3. Would it be safe to exercise him as normal today and tomorrow?

I hope this is ok Mods?

Edit: Hugo is 2 today in case age was an issue... nice birthday present, eh?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Aw, happy birthday Hugo :o
    I haven't come across warts on the feet OP, just interdigital cysts, which are damn sore.
    I'd be inclined to cut down on his exercise to prevent friction from opening up the wart, or making it sore. Is giving him an alternative, like stuffed Kongs, an alternative until you get him to the vet? Yes, yes, I know he's a Husky:p, but would he last until Monday with less exercise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

DBB wrote: »
    Aw, happy birthday Hugo :o
    I haven't come across warts on the feet OP, just interdigital cysts, which are damn sore.
    I'd be inclined to cut down on his exercise to prevent friction from opening up the wart, or making it sore. Is giving him an alternative, like stuffed Kongs, an alternative until you get him to the vet? Yes, yes, I know he's a Husky:p, but would he last until Monday with less exercise?

He'll deffo last without exercise - so long as he's mentally stimulated or spoiled by being in with us all weekend. He just got his birthday spin to maxi zoo and was his usual vocal one dog show so that'll serve as his evening walk. Thanks for the advice! He's otherwise in top form and getting a steak treat for dinner today!

Advertisement