Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchase Protection under BOI Credit card

Options
  • 13-04-2013 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭

I have a BOI Platinum Mastercard and I understand there is insurance of sorts called 'Purchase Protection' for goods purchased with the credit card. I checked on your website and have downloaded the Ts & Cs and Insurance booklets from this webpage.....

http://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/credit-cards/platinum-advantage/

But I'm none the wiser. The insurance booklet only deals with travel insurance i.e. compensation for lost bags and delays/cancellations with flights and that sort of stuff.

The credit card webpage mentions 'Automatic Purchase Protection' if you break open the section entitle 'Features' (it's the first bullet in the list) but nowhere does it explain exactly what cover you get and how to submit a claim.

Can you enlighten me please as I purchased a mobile phone recently with the credit card and damaged it, the damage was accidental and not covered by the warranty so I want to see if I can claim off this insurance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

..... You know this isn't the Bank of Ireland website, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

..... You know this isn't the Bank of Ireland website, right?

Sorry, this is the forum listed under BOI in my favourites.

Mods, could this be moved please to the 'Talk to' Bank of Ireland forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi coylemj,

Thank you very much for contacting us.

The Purchase Protection on a Platinum advantage card is underwritten by Genworth Financial so you will need to contact them to request a claim form. Their direct number is 061 73 73 73 and a representative will be happy to assist.

Thank you

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Thanks but rather than pass the buck and given that I am paying BOI for the service that I'm enquiring about, could you please take the time out to tell me exactly what cover I get under this scheme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi coylemj,

Apologies you were unhappy with my previous response.

With purchase protection most of your purchases are protected against accidental damage, loss or theft. The cover applies for up to 90 days from the date of purchase. This insurance in underwritten by Genworth Financial and all claims are processed by them so you would be best to call them to request a claim form. Bank of Ireland does not have this claim form.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks
    Linda

• Advertisement
Advertisement