Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Britain's Got Talent 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

the little girl singing was amazin!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

The comedian with cerebal palsy was not funny, at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Melion wrote: »

is this a joke?!he was very funny little kid!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Disagree. His material was funny. His delivery needs some polishing but to say he was not funny at all is a disservice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I can't wait to see that silhouette show again on youtube- "Attraction". That was just brilliant for a first show, I don't want to say they could win because it's far, far too early, but they could take that act anywhere and tell any story.

That was definitely right up there with spellbound- the movement, the music... :eek:

That reminds me, the comedian chap with cerebal palsy, as he said himself it's the elephant in the room, completely got where he was coming from, so when Simon Cowell asked him what did he do?

"I'm a professional gymnast"...

Fcuking brilliant! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

The ballet story was amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭WittyKitty1

Can't stand that tear jerking music when people get in!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I liked him especially his Harry Potter gag :D

Anyone watching Britain's got more talent?

"We'd all like to give you one!" they chimed in to a burlesque dancer who to be quite honest about it, I don't think there was much MORE to see of her, so it's almost redundant to say I hope we do indeed see more of her! :pac:

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I liked him especially his Harry Potter gag :D

Missed the HP gag, but the James Bond gag-

"I've been expecting you Mr. Bond".

"no... lift"

:pac:

• Advertisement

For anyone that missed them last night, two of my favorites-

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Ya, the Shadow Theatre Company..brilliant :)

Now...Britans got talent!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

that shadow company were amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

The Shadow Company were amazing. Really enjoyed that.

The young lad was funny also. Gymnast, twas very funny.

And the last girl singing the Valentine song, she had an incredible voice.

Queen-Mise wrote: »

And the last girl singing the Valentine song, she had an incredible voice.

She got turned down on The Voice UK, she has sound similar to Amy Winehouse, she was very good

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    She got turned down on The Voice UK, she has sound similar to Amy Winehouse, she was very good

I was about to say they should have a minimum qualifying age of 16 on BGT, but then I remembered some of the cast of the Shadow Theatre Company and Spellbound were under 16...

I just think BGT should be more than just about the wave of child singers we're going to see over the next few weeks. Sure the girl was an incredible singer, but will she still be an incredible singer in five years time? If so, then her talent would win out and it's more likely she'll have a longer career in singing than being put off it if she doesn't win BGT at 11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Alice Fredenham

Could be a unique find, can't wait for her next appearance.

Alice-Fredenham-bgt1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Czarcasm wrote: »
    I was about to say they should have a minimum qualifying age of 16 on BGT, but then I remembered some of the cast of the Shadow Theatre Company and Spellbound were under 16...

I just think BGT should be more than just about the wave of child singers we're going to see over the next few weeks. Sure the girl was an incredible singer, but will she still be an incredible singer in five years time? If so, then her talent would win out and it's more likely she'll have a longer career in singing than being put off it if she doesn't win BGT at 11.

We were talking about Fredenham girl and not the little kids:)

Not really a fan of young singers though - it is very hard for them to find the right balance of song to sing.

LordSutch wrote: »
    Alice Fredenham

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    We were talking about Fredenham girl and not the little kids :)

Ohh yeah, I remember her now, good singer alright, I dunno would I call her a unique find though, very sultry voice, reminded me of Katie Melua a few years back, probably nobody remembers this song though-

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Alice Fredenham

Alice-Fredenham-bgt1.jpg

i don't get the fuss about this girl :confused: I thought her voice was quite boring...:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

What is it with that fake scripted pretend conversing that x factor and bgt producers set up backstage for the contestants before their audition. I find it very irritating and i cant imagine many or any fall for it as genuine chat.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Crikey, this place is quiet!

Crikey, this place is quiet!

In fairness though, tonights show was dreadful compared to last week! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I really liked those two opera singers... But I can't really remember the rest. I thought the rapper was a bit inappropriate for a pre watershed show-I'm sure there'll be a few "mommy what's a booty call" after

Alice Fredenham

Alice-Fredenham-bgt1.jpg

Anyone see her audition for The Voice UK it aired last night and she didn't seem nervous like she was on BGT

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Tetra

Francine Lewis wasn't bad, then I read somewhere that she is not an amateur:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2wPnYZnI-s

Tetra wrote: »
    Francine Lewis wasn't bad, then I read somewhere that she is not an amateur:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2wPnYZnI-s

http://www.francinelewis.com/bio.htm

Yes she has been around quite a bit but I also liked her impressions especially Cheryl Cole :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I may not be too interested in BGT (or any of Simon's shows for that matter), but I do think the Guardian's Stuart Heritage is wasting his time here...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2013/apr/26/britains-got-talent-faking-it

Christ this is getting hard to watch, tonights been yet another disaster. I haven't seen anything yet that's made me sit up and take notice :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Christ this is getting hard to watch, tonights been yet another disaster. I haven't seen anything yet that's made me sit up and take notice :(

:D Wait till after the break. Someone "might actually die" :eek:

Advertisement