Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Britain's Got Talent 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Final isn't on until this day week!

By then people won't be àrsed watching as the level of well, so called "talent" this year has been abysmal. There's been so much more of a focus on the judges this year than there has been on the contestants, specifically the forced chemistry between cowell and walliams.

So much focus in fact, that I can't remember off the top of my head the name of a single contestant.

Wait two weeks to find out who Simon Cowell thinks has a chance of becoming a mediocre short term celebrity? Meh, I'm sure I'll hear enough about it the next morning! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

I only watched about two of the auditions and missed all of last weeks, but I haven't heard mentioned the dutch dancers, you know the ones, he was a big fella and her only a little thing and he threw her around like a paper bag, they were amazing........ Did they get anywhere, I loved them.

I only watched about two of the auditions and missed all of last weeks, but I haven't heard mentioned the dutch dancers, you know the ones, he was a big fella and her only a little thing and he threw her around like a paper bag, they were amazing........ Did they get anywhere, I loved them.

They were on last week Missy, they got knocked out as far as I can remember, though now you remind me of it, there were no YouTube auditions this year? And the amount of international acts on a show called Britain's got talent?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

The lack of "Britain" quality this series was shocking. Some of the better acts were the "imported" ones, yet I noticed, when it came to the semi-finals, none of them were picked for the final. I thought the two Irish lads were a little unlucky not to make it through, especially since the girl they chose over her sang the same song both times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Czarcasm wrote: »
    They were on last week Missy, they got knocked out as far as I can remember, though now you remind me of it, there were no YouTube auditions this year? And the amount of international acts on a show called Britain's got talent?? :D

Yes I agree Czarcasm, imho I really think there is not enough talent in Britain to be showcased every single year, show's like this and the X Factor would do much better if they aired every 2nd or 3rd year or on alternate years at least, then I think they would have a bigger pool of talent to choose from.

And thanks for letting me know about the dancers, I'm fierce disappointed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

The ventriloquist was pretty good, at least it was a variety act.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Marty ftw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Attraction up now.

These are very good.

Another fantastic performance by Attraction, hard to see past these as winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Anyone else reckon they messed up that building? The Taj Mahal type one? One person seemed a bit odd standing away from the building, as if she was meant to be attached to the right of the building? Although maybe whatever they were recreating is like that.

Fantastic still though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

John.Icy wrote: »
    Anyone else reckon they messed up that building? The Taj Mahal type one? One person seemed a bit odd standing away from the building, as if she was meant to be attached to the right of the building? Although maybe whatever they were recreating is like that.

Fantastic still though.

Agreed. It's only now that I know what it was supposed to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I think that was supposed to be one of the pillars..

It's be very hard to do.
    http://worldhdwallpaper.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/taj-mahal-sunset-wallpaper.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

Only 1 winner here, Attraction, the most moving performance I've seen in a long long time.

dcmm wrote: »
    Only 1 winner here, Attraction, the most moving performance I've seen in a long long time.

Watched their last performance again.. Brilliant stuff.

They have to win.

Are people not yet sick of Boybands/girlbands/Solo Teenage Boys/Solo Girls/etc..?
    I thought that was why a Dog won last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Attraction are winners in my book, I was in tears at both of their performances. I actually have to disagree with others, I think this year's final is the best ever, there are a few potential winners.

Attraction, Jack, Luminites all have the potential to win. Loved Jordan tonight but he will be lost in the final, so will the children dancers and singers. I hope they pick the ventriloquist as the wild card, last thing they need in the final is another dance act.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Allyall wrote: »
    I think that was supposed to be one of the pillars..

It's be very hard to do.
    http://worldhdwallpaper.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/taj-mahal-sunset-wallpaper.jpeg

ah, didn't even realise those pillars surrounded it. No mistake so! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Who got the wildcard spot?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Should be an interesting final next Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

mikeym wrote: »
    Should be an interesting final next Saturday.

Attraction are 1/4 to win. After another performance they will only get shorter. Only one winner.

David Walliams ‏@davidwalliams
    I'm calling the #BGT act who is receiving the wildcard tomorrow at 11am to let them know. Hopefully I can tell you all who it is soon after.

I wonder who it will be, I hope it will be Steve the ventriloquist but I expect it to be a singer like Alice or Aliki.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    I wonder who it will be, I hope it will be Steve the ventriloquist but I expect it to be a singer like Alice or Aliki.

They should have the sense to at least choose someone who came in the top 3 of their semi final. My money is on Steve tbh.

David Walliams ‏@davidwalliams
    Now I have been told the wildcard act will be revealed on Saturday's #BGT final. Sorry.

The reveal of the wildcard has been changed, but I presume the Wildcard act will find out before then, so as they can plan their performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭andrew90

anyone have any live stream links for britains got talent, haven't got itv ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

andrew90 wrote: »
    anyone have any live stream links for britains got talent, haven't got itv ?

http://www.filmon.com/#ITV1

Anyone reckon they know the winner?

My money is on the Hungarians Dancers. Unless i missed a show where they got knocked out..

Nothing else came close imo, all the other acts were clones of years gone by.

Anyone wrote: »

Or you can catch it on aertv.ie :)

Pity we can't fast forward to "attraction" already, it'll be interesting to see what they do.

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Or you can catch it on aertv.ie :)

Pity we can't fast forward to "attraction" already, it'll be interesting to see what they do.

Yeah.. ha ha.. I don't even want to watch the others..

I thought the Pre Skool was cr@p.

A load of kids dancing? WTF?

Okay, they were in sync, but honestly, so what.
    Also, how long did it take them to learn, a week?

This act now - No. No no no no no no.

A billion times it has been done, i still say no.

Here comes mini Alicia Keyes/the streets...

She is good, but again, been done loads, even though she does write it herself..

She really really reminds me of someone else (Singing/rapping), but i can't for the life of me think who.

Ventrilliquist - Definitely deserves it.
    He was good, different and funny..

Deserves way more than a Ronan Keating Clone..

(Ha ha.. i'm on one tonight.. Very bored..)

Delighted that Steve was chosen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

This guy is very good !!

Advertisement