Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recycling

Options
  • 13-04-2013 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Can someone please tell me of recycling website for cork. I know I came across one a few years ago but cant find it now.
    Or, does anyone want loads of jars? I need to get rid of them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

gubby wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me of recycling website for cork. I know I came across one a few years ago but cant find it now.
    Or, does anyone want loads of jars? I need to get rid of them

There are plenty glass recycling points around the city.

I'm on the Souuthside,and I have access to about 5 within a few minutes drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

yeah, I know there is glass recycling but was rather thinking of somewhere that someone would actually WANT these jars?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

gubby wrote: »
    yeah, I know there is glass recycling but was rather thinking of somewhere that someone would actually WANT these jars?

Ahhh,,ok..

How about in the cooking/baking forum?

Maybe somebody who makes jam may want them?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,027 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

You could try jumbletown.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭coathanger

try freecycle.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 DianeLolo

Contact Replas.I think its the perfect place you are searching for.They recycle products to produce many things that we use like furniture,bench,post,boardwalk,garden panel,Sleeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cathorio

I have a 2 problems,,,,I use Country Clean Recycling Service Cork City.
    Problem1:
    I live in a Terraced House which has only a small back yard, not big enough for three bins. I am obliged to keep them outside the front door,,,,most days I find rubbish in them which does not belong to me. What should I do???? There are people on the Terrace who have No!! Bins,,, I often wonder how do they dispose of their rubbish???? ��
    Problem2:
    The lorry that collects said rubbish cannot negotiate the narrow entrance to the Terrace, I and thirteen of my neighbours have to place the bins on the public footpath the night before collection.
    This causes problems for pedestrians using the footpaths. It also cause problems for traffic as frustrated pedestrians push the bins onto the road.
    My neighbours and I recently received a letter from the Environmental Department, Cork City Council warning us that by placing the bins on the pavement we were in breech of the Road Safety Traffic Act.
    There in lies my problem,,,,What Should I And My Neighbours Do????
    I welcome any suggestions to my problem.����

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

No. 1 put a lock on the bin.
    No. 2 talk to your neighbours, Cork city council used to collect the bins, see how it was handed when they were running it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Do you have any like ones that seal properly.The old style ones. I would take a few of them off you if you did..How many are we talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cathorio

Hi Mick.....first of all thank you for replying to my problem.
    Mick, I considerd locks but because they have to be put out the night before collection they won't work. Believe it or not it was our City Council insisted we place the bins at the entrence of the terrace for collection...... I have been on to them about the problem to no avail......cars turning into the terrace have crashed into them .....when they are emptied the collection crew leve them on the road....it's crazy and no one seems to want or be able to resolve the problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement