Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reading Utd v Liverpool fc 15.00 hrs

12346»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

What a ****ing save..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Mc Anuff deserves a slap for that !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Shocking lack of vision with a man completely free on the left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Their keeper man of the match

Only slightly ahead of Reina. Both made a couple of excellent saves. It's no excuse for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Suarez deserves a goal just for volleying a right footed shot onto his left and hitting the target.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Only slightly ahead of Reina. Both made a couple of excellent saves. It's no excuse for us.

Has to be McCarty. Pepe has been good but McCarthy has stopped us winning by miles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Best performance I've seen from a keeper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Do these fcukers have any idea of what time it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Pathetic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Now for the best part
    Rodgers telling us how brilliant we were

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Clean sheet

Weh hey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

You are blinded.

However, that was a ***** performance

Why don't all these s*it keepers play well against other teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Well done Reading. Great improvement in the second half. It would have been a travesty for that keeper to be on the losing side.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Dietmar Hamann

Passing your own half with 40 seconds left baffles me. We need to press for goals and wins, not give up and take a draw

Now for the best part
    Rodgers telling us how brilliant we were

He might surprise us and come out and say what we are all thinking.....'F*ck off Sturridge.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

fúck that.

fúck that right in the ear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

All this talk about top 4 for so long. Time for a dose of reality me thinks.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Guess you missed Twitter earlier. Actually put money on Dortmund too.

Me -Too lazy to research. Accum of Dortmund, Liverpool, Bayern and Arsenal - €25 returns around €85.

Me - Yes, I know. ADE JUST POSTED AN ACCUM?!?! :-)

Friend - you do know Liverpool and/or Arsenal will **** that up for you?

Me - For sure. Or Dortmund.

:pac:

There's also a pattern when both Dortmund and Liverpool play on the same day, if the earlier game/team wins, the other doesn't. Yes, I'm being serious :o

Cheers Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Fair result regardless of the storming saves by Reading keeper. Awful for majority of that game. No coincidence we are gonna be 6-10 points behind Everton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Superthread should be fun this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Jesus. I can't help but laugh, how the hell did we not score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

What a goal keeping display from the Reading keeper. If we had played like we did in the last few minutes for the whole game, im sure one would of gone in...surely :(

Sooner now this season ends the better. Next season is the time to properly judge where we are with Rodgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Has to be McCarty. Pepe has been good but McCarthy has stopped us winning by miles

Also hasn't played since November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

That was just an absolute pile of bull****.

Utterly ridiculous.

Sturridge was ****e. Rodgers made a mistake bringing Downing on for Henderson.
    We gained nothing in attack but lost solidity and conceded loads of chances.
    It should've been for the useless Sturridge.

There's plenty of criticism to be had for all and sundry - too many to count.
    But despite that not having won that game was absolutely insane. You'd expect with the volume of shots we had that out of one of them you'd get a poxy deflection, the keeper would be unsighted, the keeper would make a mistake, one of the shots would be just unsavable. That was the most ridiculous game I think i've ever seen. Even worse than the craziest of the games where we couldn't score last season.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Liverpool had 11 shots on target and no goals. 60% possession

Superthread should be fun this evening.

Rodgers Out . What do we want Rodgers out when do we want it now !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Gbear wrote: »

Utterly ridiculous.

But despite that not having won that game was absolutely insane. You'd expect with the volume of shots we had that out of one of them you'd get a poxy deflection, the keeper would be unsighted, the keeper would make a mistake, one of the shots would be just unsavable. That was the most ridiculous game I think i've ever seen. Even worse than the craziest of the games where we couldn't score last season.

In fairness Henderson brought absolutely nothing, at least Downing had a go in that second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

we were bollocks.

but if you think Reina had to be anywhere near as good, as often, as McCarthy, then the agenda is clear.

nobody needs to make stuff up to simply be truthful and say that wasn't at all good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

At times its like forwards turn their brain off when a team mate has the ball running across the edge of the box.
    The amount of times the surrounding players simply trotted along was comical.

• Advertisement

aramush wrote: »
    In fairness Henderson brought absolutely nothing, at least Downing had a go in that second half.

But the two lines under that would have made perfect sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Also hasn't played since November.

What did he do to his shoulder that needed an operation?

If Allen plays that good after his shoulder op I may jizz ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Utterly ridiculous.

We created more chances after we went off than when he was on....all be it in the last 10 minutes but still, funny argument to have there as Henderson didnt offer much today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Utterly ridiculous.

Downing made a difference to the attack that Henderson wasn't offering but I do agree we needed more power through the middle as Gerrard only got into it late on

I demand my 90 minutes back !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Utterly ridiculous.

Did you miss the last 10 minutes? :confused:

So easy to predict. If a team hasn't won in ages. If they need some points. Play Liverpool, we love giving points to teams that don't even deserve to play in the top flight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Not sure what Rodgers can do
    We played 'ok'
    Reina make a few vital saves
    But we should have been well clear
    But in saying that all our attempts were perfect for their keeper to save
    Perfect height ,perfect area
    Nothing found the corners

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

What did he do to his shoulder that needed an operation?

If Allen plays that good after his shoulder op I may jizz ;)

No idea, just the commentary said that he hasn't played since Nov. Fair play to him all the same. Not all our shots were straight at him!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Well that confirms it. Half the team has at least taken BR's advice and doesn't want to push for Europa!

Carra was well pissed at the end, so its obviously not a team wide thing. But there was a free kick at the end and didn't see who it was but he got the ball and just practically walked away from it.

Think it's fair to make judgements on this season based upon performances up until now or the past week or so. But from here on in, this season can't end quick enough for the squad by the looks of it.

Was almost shouting for Reading near the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Those pretending some sort of freakish performance from the keeper denied us of the win, answer me this...did he make a decent save before the 70th minute?

We lost because in a large part our manager is out of his depth.

Chelsea up next....we can easily get three points out of that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Yes you'd really have to blame Rodgers with 28 shots and he wasn't able to put one of them in the back of the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Those pretending some sort of freakish performance from the keeper denied us of the win, answer me this...did he make a decent save before the 70th minute?

yes he made a stunning save in the first half, thought one might argue he didn't know much about it. And stop talking non-sense. BR is the way forward. Stop with the knee jerking
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    Chelsea up next....we can easily get three points out of that game.

Being honest, given our track record, I wager we win. We always turn up full of fire for these games. Agger to eat half of Torres. Plus Benetez to finally reveal himself as under cover and release Torres on a free before he returns to pool and scores a rake of goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

We didn't lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

aramush wrote: »

Did you miss the last 10 minutes? :confused:

And the ****e in the immediate aftermath of Henderson going off?

It'd be highly unlikely that chances come like clockwork every 5 minutes.

It's more likely for them to sometimes bunch up as happened in the closing minutes.

It was certainly a good idea to bring Downing on. But not for Henderson, who was quite good. Some excellent passing by him.
    No idea why Sturridge was still on the pitch after 60 minutes, nevermind 94.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

'Liverpool seem better on Sundays'

'Why don't they bring on the Dirk guy to score'

The missus during the game. Probably the only thing that kept me sane watching that.

Advertisement