Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surf Sunday 13/4

Options
  • 13-04-2013 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm a beginner surfer, I've done it maybe 10-15 times over the last 6 years. I've had a few lessons at the beginning but just haven't done it frequently enough to not call myself a beginner. Tomorrow looks like there's going to be waves everywhere. I'm based in Dublin and wondering where I should get up early tomorrow and drive to. I'll need to rent gear (I have equipment in Inishcrone but looking at a shorter drive if possible). Is Tramore going to be appropriate? Or are the beaches on the east coast that are on surf forecast websites facilitated with a rental store?

I realise people are protective about their spots, understandably and I don't want to break any rules, just looking for some beginner advice!

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

There is also going to be a severe southwesterly wind tomorrow. This will result in a huge swell but blown-out unsurfable waves on the west and south coasts, and a danger of being blown out to sea on the east coast. Not trying to discourage you or anything but I'd leave it for another day if I were you, unless you manage to find a sheltered spot somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭atilladehun

cheers, thats the wisdom I'm looking for.
    Thanks

Hi,

I'm asking the same question for this saturday in Enniscrone. Wave report looks like its 6ft-7ft and wind looks 19kmph. Do you reckon it would suit me?

Cheers
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

What direction is the wind due to blow

coming from the north, side on to the waves.

Thanks for the help. It's difficult to decide when you don't have the experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Enniscrone faces North so it will be full on shore. Sunday it switches WNW and will be much bigger, maybe to big

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

XXYYZZ's post is worth reading here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055828999

I'd save me petrol and do something else

Advertisement