Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Visa Question for a Non-National

• 13-04-2013 2:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Please bare with me on this as I know very little about immigration and visas as up to this point I've never had too.

For the past 3 years my partner has been working in the same job. One of her best friends there is Asian but with her visa coming to an end soon she's going to have to stop working as while she's going to be allowed stay in the country it'll be on her husbands visa. Staying her on her husbands visa means she can't work, while he can.
    My partner and her friends are somewhat upset as they really enjoy her company and she's a good worker.

What I'm wondering is- is there some way I can sponsor her or something so that she can stay on working? I have a good job with a wage that can if it were needed support more than my partner and myself. If I were to say I'd sponsor her would that allow her to continue working in her job?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

She needs to get good immigration advice. There are options she may be entitled to work permit depending on job.

There is to the best of my knowledge no way of you sponsoring her unless of course you are giving her a job.

To be honest I don't know why her visa is running out after 3 years or why INIS are insisting on only giving her a Stamp 3 based on her marriage. As long as she had a stamp 1 or 4 she is only 2 years away from applying for citizenship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Well I don't know all the details of course. I'm guessing she may have been here longer than just the 3 years. I'll meet-up with her and get more details.

I'm sure she's looked into all of her options but just in case she hasn't/doesn't know where to turn, where can she go that would give her the necessary advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

NASC or Citizens Advice or a good immigration solicitor.

http://www.nascireland.org/

Advertisement