Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happened to the quality of the Setanta stream on Sportshub?

Options
  • 13-04-2013 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭

What happened to the quality of the Setanta stream on Sportshub? It seems only 850kbps is selectable, where has the 1500kbps selection gone?

Even the Pirate streams offer much better quality than this (typically 1500kbps with some even being 4000kbps).

Also the sound is far too loud with very audible cliipping.

Nate

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

See this thread, in particular post #32.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

What happened to the quality of the Setanta stream on Sportshub? It seems only 850kbps is selectable, where has the 1500kbps selection gone?

Even the Pirate streams offer much better quality than this (typically 1500kbps with some even being 4000kbps).

Also the sound is far too loud with very audible cliipping.

Nate

Hi Nate,

Online support advised that due to a number of customers having issues streaming sportshub live on the 1500kbps option when they are on the NGB Regular.

"There have been changes to the settings on the new player. This is to accommodate more customers to view the stream at the same time. Which is why the streaming options have been reduced from 1500kbps to 850kbps" This was the best way to reduce any possible streaming issues to eircom broadband customers as a whole. I appreciate there are customers who did not have any problems streaming at 1500kbps on the NGB regular, the change was not meant to penalise those customers.

However in order to effect the change and improve the service for customer having issues the streaming had to be based on the individual broadband packages.

Thanks, Mark

See this thread, in particular post #32.

Hi Mr Cumulonimbus,

I know it is not ideal. I Have request for a hard copy of the March bill to be issued. I have been advised that when the April bill is added the March bill will be visible on 'my eircom'.

Sorry for the delay.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mr Cumulonimbus,

I know it is not ideal. I Have request for a hard copy of the March bill to be issued. I have been advised that when the April bill is added the March bill will be visible on 'my eircom'.

Sorry for the delay.

Thanks, Mark

Cheers Mark. No need to send out a hard copy of the March bill. I received it as usual in the post. Mentioned it in the original thread I started re this issue.

Cheers Mark. No need to send out a hard copy of the March bill. I received it as usual in the post. Mentioned it in the original thread I started re this issue.

Hi Mr Cumulonimbus

Apologies, I will check back with you after the April bill is issued to insure the March bill has been added online as well.

Mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Ah ok. Thanks gents. I wonder with the roll-out of new Fibre network will this be looked at again sometime down the road? 

Nate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Ah ok. Thanks gents. I wonder with the roll-out of new Fibre network will this be looked at again sometime down the road? 

Nate
    Hi Nate--IRL--

Hopefully so, I'll keep checking for updates and let you know as soon as I have further information,

Regards

Al

Originally posted by Mark:

Hi Nate,

Online support advised that due to a number of customers having issues streaming sportshub live on the 1500kbps option when they are on the NGB Regular.

"There have been changes to the settings on the new player. This is to accommodate more customers to view the stream at the same time. Which is why the streaming options have been reduced from 1500kbps to 850kbps" This was the best way to reduce any possible streaming issues to eircom broadband customers as a whole. I appreciate there are customers who did not have any problems streaming at 1500kbps on the NGB regular, the change was not meant to penalise those customers.

However in order to effect the change and improve the service for customer having issues the streaming had to be based on the individual broadband packages.

Thanks, Mark
    Just to clarify, does this mean that the 1500kbps stream option is now only available when you are on the NGB Ultimate (up to 24 Mb) package?

Just to clarify, does this mean that the 1500kbps stream option is now only available when you are on the NGB Ultimate (up to 24 Mb) package?

Hi Mr Cumulonimbus,

Yes the 1500kbps streaming option is only available for customers on an "up to 24MB" package.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mr Cumulonimbus,

Yes the 1500kbps streaming option is only available for customers on an "up to 24MB" package.

Thanks, Mark

I've moved to the Up to 24 MB package now. Top stream available is still 850 kbps. Does it need to be changed to the 1500 kbps option by Eircom themslves or should it automatically happen?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I've moved to the Up to 24 MB package now. Top stream available is still 850 kbps. Does it need to be changed to the 1500 kbps option by Eircom themslves or should it automatically happen?
    Hi Mr
    Cumulonimbus

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]I'veasked broadband technical support for advice on this as I really would not know much on this. Technical support have advised that the server judges quality based on speed and uploads to that within a maximum set on the server side[/font].

Broadband support have advised thatyou try a few different browsers and make sure everything is up to date such as Microsoft Silverlight etc. There is nothing we can do from here to improve this I'm sorry to say.

Thanks

Al

Thanks Alan.

Seems to be different advice though as opposed to what Mark stated a couple of months ago in post #3: 

("There have been changes to the settings on the new player. This is to accommodate more customers to view the stream at the same time. Which is why the streaming options have been reduced from 1500kbps to 850kbps" This was the best way to reduce any possible streaming issues to eircom broadband customers as a whole. I appreciate there are customers who did not have any problems streaming at 1500kbps on the NGB regular, the change was not meant to penalise those customers. However in order to effect the change and improve the service for customer having issues the streaming had to be based on the individual broadband packages").

I was affected by this when on the NGB up to 8MB package. The stream ran perfect for me at 1500 kbps, until this option was removed and could only view at 850 kbps subsequently.

Hence the reason I asked would I have the 1500 kbps option on being moved to the Up to 24MB package.

Mark, PM'd you re this.

Mark, PM'd you re this.

Hi Mr Cumulonimbus

Just updating the thread, I PM you back. I will let you know if there is any change.

Mark

Advertisement