Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tayto chocolate bar

Options
  • 13-04-2013 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

can someone in waterford city please direct me to a shop that sells the new tayto chocolate bar thingy???? i cant find one anywhere :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭phelo2121

can someone in waterford city please direct me to a shop that sells the new tayto chocolate bar thingy???? i cant find one anywhere :(

think I saw some one say the amber garage

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Hey Strangepaddy, did you manage to find one? Have been around today looking but nowhere seems to sell them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭cbl593h

I was in the Amber garage last Wednesday night, yer man there said they got one box per shop and they sold out quick. I walked O Connell St in Dublin the next morning and all Londis and Costcutter and Spar were all sold out up there too.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Is there a golden ticket inside them or something ? Or a clever marketing ploy to drip feed the nation to build up to a buying frenzy when they flood the market ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Is there a golden ticket inside them or something ? Or a clever marketing ploy to drip feed the nation to build up to a buying frenzy when they flood the market ?

Yeah there is, you get to visit Tayto park :pac:

In fairness what they are doing is no different to when Whispa's were reintroduced, you couldn't get them for love nor money at the start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

My absolute treat is a big Dairy Milk cut up into tiny pieces and into a share bag of Tayto. If this bar is as nice as that I'll eat my hat. I'm really curious to see what they are like though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

They're alright at best.

We got a few in work and I tried one. It's about 4/5 Butler's chocolate and 1/5 Tayto Cheese and Onion crisps.

The chocolate should be Cadbury's and it should be at least 50% crisps.

It's the kind of bar you would be if you were going to the cinema or pigging out at home. You wouldn't have it with your lunch etc.

Ziedth, you're better off sticking with the Dairy Milk bar and bag of Tayto.

*I don't work in a shop, so no I don't know where they are. Heard of a sighting around Cleaboy, but from what I've been told they're on very limited edition until the end of April anticipating a wider release.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭strangepaddy

sarah88 wrote: »
    Hey Strangepaddy, did you manage to find one? Have been around today looking but nowhere seems to sell them.

still no joy :mad: im beginning to think they dont exist :confused: i dont even want one now its the fact i cant find one annoys me. its a good marketing ploy alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

Londis dunmore road has them. Just picked one up. Tiny they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭ex_infantry

i see that chap or chapette keeps there fags and lighter in the fridge! what an odd ball

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

Haha, love that video. Especially the part when he says melt the bar and take the tayto's back out if you don't like it. ha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

south wrote: »
    Londis dunmore road has them. Just picked one up. Tiny they are.

Went in there yesterday evening and they were sold out! :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

That's the power of boards.ie for ya! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

Believe me you're not missing out on much.

south wrote: »
    Believe me you're not missing out on much.

It really is the power of marketing, knowing that they are so hard to find if I saw one now I'd definitely buy one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

There must be half a dozen of these threads on boards.ie right now.

One bag of crisps and one cheap Lidl choccy bar will provide much more "nom nom".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

Spar cork road has them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

On their website it says they will be available in most stores from the end of April, my daughter ciara won one on fb and it was a tiny 35 gram bar in a huge parcel, we weren't mad on the flavour, very salty and strange, don't think we will be buying one . The advertising is a bit like the "I love Mona " ads .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

ziedth wrote: »
    It really is the power of marketing, knowing that they are so hard to find if I saw one now I'd definitely buy one.

For this, the Tayto Marketing dept have Facebook to thank. (and the journal.ie).

Tayto Park started selling chocolate bars in tayto wrapping. Tayto never contemplated mixing chocolate and crisps, but when people saw the bars...the normal milk chocolate bars, they went crazy...posted in online and it went viral very quickly...everyone wondering what tayto and chocolate together would taste like (The two factories used to be right next to each other in coolock up to a few years ago - when I lived up there you'd smell chocolate in the morning and crisps in the evening. It's a wonder they never did it back then). So the marker research was done for them.

All they had to do then was release them in small batches, to test the water so to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Has anyone found any today if so let me know where as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭strangepaddy

deisedave wrote: »
    Has anyone found any today if so let me know where as soon as possible.

nope still no sign.......none in spar either like previously mentioned. im teliin ya they DONT exist :eek:

Anyone hear anything yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dreddfan

the guy in there told me they never had them there

Dreddfan wrote: »
    the guy in there told me they never had them there
    In what shop ?

I'll be ordering off Tayto either today or tomorrow in work. I'll chance my arm and ask for a box off the Rep. If I do get them I'll genuinely be happy to give away a few. I'd say it'll be a long shot though

• Registered Users Posts: 9 purpleKetchup

ziedth wrote: »
    I'll be ordering off Tayto either today or tomorrow in work. I'll chance my arm and ask for a box off the Rep. If I do get them I'll genuinely be happy to give away a few. I'd say it'll be a long shot though

:D can we be friends?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Went to Topaz. The lady there thought it was hilarious that a load of people arrived and cleared them out. They only got one box.

The search continues........

• Advertisement

I was pretty much laughed out of it I'm afraid. Seemingly everyone is asking reps for them, purely because of this thread I'm obsessed with getting one :-)

Advertisement