If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with gaggia 8154

Options
  • 13-04-2013 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

Hi  guys

i bought a gaggia 8154 last year from one of your boardie deals and i'm having some problems

basically when when i insert the filter holder, coffee comes out in all directions from the delivery spout

this also happens without any coffee present with just water, it goes all over the place

i found videos on youtube of a similar scenario

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-19Lg44Xss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26WK6YpedDM

i made sure that everything is well tighten but i fear there might be some problem with the sealing, or else too much pressure

can you guys help out?

thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

j4vier wrote: »
    Hi  guys

i bought a gaggia 8154 last year from one of your boardie deals and i'm having some problems

basically when when i insert the filter holder, coffee comes out in all directions from the delivery spout

this also happens without any coffee present with just water, it goes all over the place

i found videos on youtube of a similar scenario

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-19Lg44Xss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26WK6YpedDM

i made sure that everything is well tighten but i fear there might be some problem with the sealing, or else too much pressure

can you guys help out?

thanks
    Hi J4vier,

Sorry to hear about that :(

Unfortunately I'm no coffee machine expert so can't help much here.

John is due here in Belfast very shortly so I'll get a word with him and get back to you asap!

Sorry I can't help much on this.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Hi J4vier,

Sorry to hear about that

Unfortunately I'm no coffee machine expert so can't help much here.

John is due here in Belfast very shortly so I'll get a word with him and get back to you asap!

Sorry I can't help much on this.

Chris
    no problem Chris

please keep me updated

no problem Chris

please keep me updated

Hi J4vier,

I've just spoke to John and he's going to look into this for you.

It'll probably be Monday before we can get any info.  Once we do I'll be straight back on to ya.

Chris

Hi J4vier,

I've just spoke to John and he's going to look into this for you.

It'll probably be Monday before we can get any info.  Once we do I'll be straight back on to ya.

Chris
    much appreciated guys

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Sounds like the group seal (gasket) needs replacing if water is escaping over the top and side of the basket holder.
    It is like a large rubber ring/washer.

• Advertisement

Sounds like the group seal (gasket) needs replacing if water is escaping over the top and side of the basket holder.
    It is like a large rubber ring/washer.
    I'm not sure if that's the problem cos the coffee sprays out from the delivery spout, not between basket and seal

i think its an issue with pressure from reading around, i am experiencing the same problem as the op in this link

http://coffeeforums.co.uk/archive/index.php?t-7372.html

my gaggia came with 2 unpressurised filters for 1 and 2 cups

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

I'm not sure if that's the problem cos the coffee sprays out from the delivery spout, not between basket and seal

i think its an issue with pressure from reading around, i am experiencing the same problem as the op in this link

http://coffeeforums.co.uk/archive/index.php?t-7372.html

my gaggia came with 2 unpressurised filters for 1 and 2 cups
    J4vier,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - we can have the unit serviced for you no problem - as ever if it's a manufacturing fault it will be done under warranty - if its a scaling or other 'user' issue you may have to contribute to the repair - however we need to get our grubby paws on it in the 1st instance... could you PM me your contact details and we will get in touch with you to arrange collection?

Apologies again for the inconvenience and the delay getting back to you and drop me a line whenever you get a moment,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

J4vier,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - we can have the unit serviced for you no problem - as ever if it's a manufacturing fault it will be done under warranty - if its a scaling or other 'user' issue you may have to contribute to the repair - however we need to get our grubby paws on it in the 1st instance... could you PM me your contact details and we will get in touch with you to arrange collection?

Apologies again for the inconvenience and the delay getting back to you and drop me a line whenever you get a moment,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    hi John
    i have found out that the filters that came with it are actually pressurised and with them, there should be a little plastic tool under the filter called perfect crema pin

i dont recall having this one, but i have just ordered it online so i ll wait until i receive it to see if it actually fixes things

otherwise i ll get in touch with you to have someone to look at it

i ll keep you updated

thanks

hi John
    i have found out that the filters that came with it are actually pressurised and with them, there should be a little plastic tool under the filter called perfect crema pin

i dont recall having this one, but i have just ordered it online so i ll wait until i receive it to see if it actually fixes things

otherwise i ll get in touch with you to have someone to look at it

i ll keep you updated

thanks
    Hey J4vier.

Please let us know if you have any luck and if not we'll take it from there.

hi guys

just to update that i finally sorted the issue, the problem was indeed the perfect crema pin.

i placed it under the filter and now it's all smooth. i never realised there was one previously, but i never had any issues so i must have lost it while washing it without realising it

thanks again for the support

• Advertisement

hi guys

just to update that i finally sorted the issue, the problem was indeed the perfect crema pin.

i placed it under the filter and now it's all smooth. i never realised there was one previously, but i never had any issues so i must have lost it while washing it without realising it

thanks again for the support

Hi again,

Glad to hear you got it sorted :)

Any other issues just let us know.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.