Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saint Nicholas' Parochial School

Options
  • 13-04-2013 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Moving to Galway and thinking of trying to send my children here, but I'd like some more info. What's the reputation of this school in the city? Does it offer a good primary education? Are most of the students Church of Ireland, or are there students from other backgrounds who attend as well?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hardly any previous mentions on boards.ie
    Looking at the site they seem good, environmentally conscious and the book lists seem pretty straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 molmay

biko wrote: »
    Hardly any previous mentions on boards.ie

I know! To be honest, I'm a little wary of the fact that it never seems to get mentioned in discussions of primary schools in the city. I agree that the website looks entirely reasonable. I was just hoping to maybe hear from someone who has kids there or knows of kids who have attended because I'd like to know the local reputation (and also if the kids who attend have an easy time getting into secondary schools of their choice in the city).

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭berrecka

I work beside the school and I must say, I have never seen anything negative in the behaviour of the kids or teachers. In fact, I've thought to myself a few times how nice the teachers seem - always smiling - and how polite and happy the kids seem. I have never heard bad reports from others either.
    The only drawback for me would be having to negotiate traffic into Woodquay every day if I wasn't going in to town anyway.

Though it claims a Church of Ire ethos, I would imagine it is one of the more open primary schools in Galway City in terms of religion - there seems to be a huge mix of nationalities in the school and I always remember that being the case, way before Galway had the multicultural makeup it now has

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

molmay wrote: »
    I know! To be honest, I'm a little wary of the fact that it never seems to get mentioned in discussions of primary schools in the city.

Probably because most Irish Catholics have a blind spot toward the CoI in general. (eg I've met people who are 100% convinced that there is only one church in the town of Oughterard).

If there were problems, then I'd expect you to have received some PMs about them by now.

Advertisement