Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamesweek 34 Transfers.

• 13-04-2013 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭

Having used the Wildcard to load up for week 33, with 9 DGW players, I'll probably save this week's transfer for bringing in players in week 35 with view to DGW 36.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Sissoko out probably for Maloney ....neither of them will be playing for me next week anyway so may as well do it before price falls/rises

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

GW34 is definitely a no transfer GW unless absolutely necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

michu in for fellani or cazorla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

will either keep mine or start building towards the next dgw.

i think i might do fellaini to ya ya toure in the next couple of weeks, or may try get mata back in if chelsea's extra fixture is announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Lampard >>>>>>>> Michu.

Think some Norwich defensive cover might be worth looking at - Reading(h),Stoke(a), Villa(h), WBA(h), Man City(a). Possibility for a CS or two perhaps, bar City of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Santi101 wrote: »
    Lampard >>>>>>>> Michu.

Think some Norwich defensive cover might be worth looking at - Reading(h),Stoke(a), Villa(h), WBA(h), Man City(a). Possibility for a CS or two perhaps, bar City of course.

Mickey Turner is a goal scoring, bonus point winning, budget priced monster.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lemlin wrote: »
    Mickey Turner is a goal scoring, bonus point winning, budget priced monster.

Agreed. I wild carded him in and left him on bench lol

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Agreed. I wild carded him in and left him on bench lol

I'm surprised it's taken him this long to start scoring. He was always good for a goal in the past, particularly at Hull.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm surprised it's taken him this long to start scoring. He was always good for a goal in the past, particularly at Hull.

Who needs samba theres only one michael turner. Lots of people wud have paid the extra million for bassong because he had 2 good wks as u say turner had proved in the past he had a goal in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I want Sessegnon in my team, he looks a great proposition for the final few games before the flame that Di Canio has lit actually reaches the explosives. Surely a few good weeks left yet, might ditch Fellaini even though i know I should be loading DGW players for GW 36.

Or is this a knee jerk reaction to the derby and there's a better option out there?

• Advertisement

Who needs samba theres only one michael turner. Lots of people wud have paid the extra million for bassong because he had 2 good wks as u say turner had proved in the past he had a goal in him.

it was you who flagged a couple of weeks ago that the return of richards & maicon might see zabaleta as not such a great choice for the run in and dgw in particular as with the cup final he's likely to be rested for at least 1 of the dgw games.
    Might look at getting him out of my team, will assess my options of who i can bring in over the next couple of weeks.
    will def be looking to bring mata back in next week, at home to swansea and then the dgw the following week.

So boring non-DGW 34 is here. Going to sleep through it! OK Maybe now.

Apparently (and do not take my word for it), Walcott came off injured against Everton. I thought he was subbed due to tiredness but he was the recipient of a heavy tackle a few minutes earlier.

My current plan is Michu and either Kone or Lukaku in. The plan was to sell Fellaini and Mirallas but Fulhams poor form is beginning to make me reconsider selling Mirallas and sell Berba instead.

Van Persie Captain. Thats for sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

So boring non-DGW 34 is here. Going to sleep through it! OK Maybe now.

Apparently (and do not take my word for it), Walcott came off injured against Everton. I thought he was subbed due to tiredness but he was the recipient of a heavy tackle a few minutes earlier.

The bad news continues! Do you think Zabaleta will play? I hadn't even considered him being rested yesterday, cost me another 6 points along with Evra being dropped twice in recent weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

roryc wrote: »
    The bad news continues! Do you think Zabaleta will play? I hadn't even considered him being rested yesterday, cost me another 6 points along with Evra being dropped twice in recent weeks.

They are playing spurs. He will play id imagine

Yeah I think Zab will play next week. I got rid of him because I felt that, by the time the double game week came around, he may get a rest but I didn't expect it last night tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Hoping to get some advice!

My ML rival has cut my lead from 60 to 30 points this week, pretty much totally due to him captaining RVP and me not even having him.

Would it be madness to do Cazorla & Berbatov to RVP and Maloney for -4? I would then captain RVP.

He will captain RVP v Villa and I have no natural captain choice available. I'm worried RVP (c) will be another 16-20 pointer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Thinking of Benteke out,perhaps for Kone (Wigan) or Lukaku (West Brom).

Villa away to United & then playing Sunderland may not garner him many points plus I'm looking ahead to the dgw.

As it is I've picked a team for gw 34 & left Benteke on the bench,I have 1.4 in the bank but trying to keep as much as possible to get Bale back in & possibly a City player.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Swapped Suarez out for Remy. QPR are still fighting for survival and have Stoke at home and Reading away the next 2 weeks. Liverpool don't have a whole lot left to play for. Only drawback is QPR don't have a double gameweek, but that's not the end of the world.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Benimar wrote: »

My ML rival has cut my lead from 60 to 30 points this week, pretty much totally due to him captaining RVP and me not even having him.

Would it be madness to do Cazorla & Berbatov to RVP and Maloney for -4? I would then captain RVP.

He will captain RVP v Villa and I have no natural captain choice available. I'm worried RVP (c) will be another 16-20 pointer.

I would make the switch. If you are concerned about staying ahead then differentials are your worst enemy, especially with captain choice. If you can negate any gains he'll get from captaining RVP by doing the same then I would take the hit to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Advice please, haven't been paying enough attention for the last few weeks, went as far as forgetting to set my team last week costing me captaincy points. I have 2 free transfers and 0.6m in the bank, anything major that needs changing? Start making a move towards DGW players in week36?

DDG
    Bunn

R Martin
    Mertesacker
    Harte
    Davies
    Demel

Walcott
    Cazorla
    Michu
    Mata
    Fellaini

Sturridge
    Berba
    Van Persie

• Advertisement

A couple of weeks back while debating the pros/cons of keeping bale michu I did mention to you, you would probably only field ten as zab was a big rotation risk last night. Its why I felt keeping mata a player that had a fixture was important.

Did you? Good call... I assumed he would start. Annoying that City kept a clean sheet anyway. Doubly annoying that Harte didn't feature but Reading kept a clean sheet. Oh well.

As for Mata, I got rid of him for Fellaini which was a worthwhile move.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Did you? Good call... I assumed he would start. Annoying that City kept a clean sheet anyway. Doubly annoying that Harte didn't feature but Reading kept a clean sheet. Oh well.

Harte's season is finished.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    it was you who flagged a couple of weeks ago that the return of richards & maicon might see zabaleta as not such a great choice for the run in and dgw in particular as with the cup final he's likely to be rested for at least 1 of the dgw games.
    Might look at getting him out of my team, will assess my options of who i can bring in over the next couple of weeks.
    will def be looking to bring mata back in next week, at home to swansea and then the dgw the following week.
    Ye had a feeling it would happen hes played pretty much every game since xmas and the way city play the full backs use up a lot of energy. I think im going to hold onto him for the next 5 gws worst case scenario he will play 4 out of 6 games I reckon .The wba game before the cup final(one of the doubles) and the reading game after the cup final are the ones he may not start.
    I kept Mata and glad I did his FF return hasnt been great of late but he is in good form has 18 goals and 32 assists this season in all competitions. Id wait till after the basle game thurs before deciding to bring him in. Oscar Mata Hazard are the preffered 3 in behind the striker but with all their games they cant play every game. Oscar got his rest last night all 3 should play against liverpool, I think either mata or hazard wont start against basle and then whoever did start against basle will not start against swansea.
    I think there was a bit of an overreaction to the team benitez put out against southampton with people saying he doesnt care about the league. The best thing for mata owners is for the race for the top 4 to go to the wire. Im hoping for dropped points from chelsea at liverpool ideally a 2 2 draw with mata in the points.
    If chelsea are secure in the top 4 benitez will prioritise the europa league and rightly so.

The positive for you out of this gameweek is that you now have Bale and Michu for GW 36 lots wont, I now have neither. Got burned with zab myself unfortunately I had clyne ahead of turner on my subs bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Benimar wrote: »

Very tough situation. As Lemlin said it is a dangerous game trying to match opponents teams in private leagues, and going against your instinct in transfers.
    You could end up trying to track and predict his transfers until the end of the season? He could get rid of RVP when league wrapped up and capt an expensive replacement. It's all unpredictable after villa game.

I don't want to advise you but I just prefer to play on my own terms, come what may!

moreau wrote: »
    Very tough situation. As Lemlin said it is a dangerous game trying to match opponents teams in private leagues, and going against your instinct in transfers.
    You could end up trying to track and predict his transfers until the end of the season? He could get rid of RVP when league wrapped up and capt an expensive replacement. It's all unpredictable after villa game.

I don't want to advise you but I just prefer to play on my own terms, come what may!

Well said. The worst thing ya can do is start chasing another team.

Worry about your own team and the points will follow if you get your own decisions right.

For example, my best decision last week IMO was not taking a points hit when others panicked and did.

The DGW turned out to be a bit of a damp squib.

Ye had a feeling it would happen hes played pretty much every game since xmas and the way city play the full backs use up a lot of energy. I think im going to hold onto him for the next 5 gws worst case scenario he will play 4 out of 6 games I reckon .The wba game before the cup final(one of the doubles) and the reading game after the cup final are the ones he may not start.
    I kept Mata and glad I did his FF return hasnt been great of late but he is in good form has 18 goals and 32 assists this season in all competitions. Id wait till after the basle game thurs before deciding to bring him in. Oscar Mata Hazard are the preffered 3 in behind the striker but with all their games they cant play every game. Oscar got his rest last night all 3 should play against liverpool, I think either mata or hazard wont start against basle and then whoever did start against basle will not start against swansea.
    I think there was a bit of an overreaction to the team benitez put out against southampton with people saying he doesnt care about the league. The best thing for mata owners is for the race for the top 4 to go to the wire. Im hoping for dropped points from chelsea at liverpool ideally a 2 2 draw with mata in the points.
    If chelsea are secure in the top 4 benitez will prioritise the europa league and rightly so.

Good advice. Yeah i will wait under after the europa league game to see who starts before deciding on bringing mata in.
    As for zab, i think i might have to keep him too, didn't realise i'd only have 3 ft's before the dgw and will need 2 for midfield most likely and 1 to get rid of evra after the villa game. I would also have liked to have done mariappa to dawson or sagna to dawson if i can't afford the mariappa switch. not sure if i'll do that at a 4 point hit though. so getting rid of zab isn't a priority for now when he could still (although unlikely) play 2 games in gw 36.

qwabercd wrote: »
    Harte's season is finished.

Yeah I didn't expect him to play at all. Just waiting for a chance to get rid now.

• Advertisement

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Good advice. Yeah i will wait under after the europa league game to see who starts before deciding on bringing mata in.
    As for zab, i think i might have to keep him too, didn't realise i'd only have 3 ft's before the dgw and will need 2 for midfield most likely and 1 to get rid of evra after the villa game. I would also have liked to have done mariappa to dawson or sagna to dawson if i can't afford the mariappa switch. not sure if i'll do that at a 4 point hit though. so getting rid of zab isn't a priority for now when he could still (although unlikely) play 2 games in gw 36.
    Dawson is great value at 4.4 may look at him myself. Zab should definetly play spurs away west ham home swansea away and norwich home so great chance for clean sheets and attacking returns in those games. The way I see it if you have zab hes worth keeping but if you dont hes probably not worth bringing in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Dawson is great value at 4.4 may look at him myself. Zab should definetly play spurs away west ham home swansea away and norwich home so great chance for clean sheets and attacking returns in those games. The way I see it if you have zab hes worth keeping but if you dont hes probably not worth bringing in.

DO you think Nastasic is worth keeping too? I'd be surprised now if he ends up playing two full games in the DGW

thunderdog wrote: »
    DO you think Nastasic is worth keeping too? I'd be surprised now if he ends up playing two full games in the DGW
    Id class him the same as zab if you have him keep him as they have great fixtures but cant see him playing both games in the double. Lescott and kolo toure will prob play the game before the cup final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Id class him the same as zab if you have him keep him as they have great fixtures but cant see him playing both games in the double. Lescott and kolo toure will prob play the game before the cup final.

What of Kompany, everybody? Think he'll play many of the remaining games?

My thinking is that he will play both. Kompany and Lescott playing a game each. But that's just a guess. The only player that will definitely play twice for City in the DGW is Joe Hart.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

hiya, i hav zabellta and am disappointed he didnt play last nite, was he dropped, i was tinking of swapping him for ivanovic. cud i hav your opinions please.
    I also hav evra who i cud sell for ivanovic for the double game week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Yeah I didn't expect him to play at all. Just waiting for a chance to get rid now.

Was a balls having to ship him, felt like a waste of a transfer. I've had to get rid of some amount of keepers and defenders this year due to injury/being dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Sissoko out, Maloney in. Leaves me with over 2 mill to splash around. Probably take 4 point hit next week, then another 4 point hit for the DGW. I will bring in Zabeleta, Bale Verthongen & most likely Kone

Edit - May get Yaya / Bale in for a hit this week of Santi is confirmed out

My thinking is that he will play both. Kompany and Lescott playing a game each. But that's just a guess. The only player that will definitely play twice for City in the DGW is Joe Hart.

Its guesswork by us all. The back four for the cup final may 11 will be barring injury zab kompany nastasic clichy. As city have 4 games in 10 days between may 4 and may 14 and nothing to play for in the league I cant see any of the above playing in the 3 league games against swansea wba and reading aswell. Hart as you say seems to be the safest option.

Henwin wrote: »
    hiya, i hav zabellta and am disappointed he didnt play last nite, was he dropped, i was tinking of swapping him for ivanovic. cud i hav your opinions please.
    I also hav evra who i cud sell for ivanovic for the double game week.

zabaleta was rested last night, as another poster said he's likely to start maybe 4 of their last remaining 6 matches. so if you need to make transfers elsewhere it's probably not worth taking a using up one of your transfers on him. but if you need money for your midfield to bring in bale/mata etc you could sell him for dawson who is only 4.4 and should play all remaining games incl. a dgw unless he gets injured/suspended.

i have evra and will almost certainly be selling him after the villa game as united's next 2 after that are arsenal away and chelsea at home. and hopefully by then the league will be won so if that's the case buttner will replace evra for at least 1 of the last 2 games. Ivanovic is a good choice or maybe vertonghen if you don't get dawson.

Sissoko out, Maloney in. Leaves me with over 2 mill to splash around. Probably take 4 point hit next week, then another 4 point hit for the DGW. I will bring in Zabeleta, Bale Verthongen & most likely Kone

Edit - May get Yaya / Bale in for a hit this week of Santi is confirmed out

Is Santi an injury doubt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

He's listed as a doubt atm, more news will probably come tomorrow morning, Wenger said him, Wilshere and Ox are doubts and will have tests but should be alright http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/team-news-fabianski-and-rosicky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,210 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

RVP and Maloney in, Rooney and Sissoko out for my third 4 point hit in succession. I hadn't planned to take so many hits but my gameweek scores have been terrible lately and bringing RVP in ahead of a home fixture against Aston Villa seems to be the right choice. My rival in my money league has him and will undoubtedly captain him this week so hopefully I will not lose more ground to him by not having van Persie.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

Walker in for Azpilicueta. I can't deal with Rafa's rotation policy at this stage of the season. I'm not expecting much of a return but at least I'll have two Spurs players for the DGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Ice87 wrote: »
    Walker in for Azpilicueta. I can't deal with Rafa's rotation policy at this stage of the season. I'm not expecting much of a return but at least I'll have two Spurs players for the DGW.

Walker is an awful player.

Gets his game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

This Carzola situation has thrown a spanner in the works! Thinking of bringing Mata in for him, can't afford a non-starter in my team. In saying that Liverpool will be all guns blazing to try and scalp Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

This Carzola situation has thrown a spanner in the works!

is he definitely gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

This is the latest Arsenal team news on the website at 5pm yesterday:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/team-news-fabianski-and-rosicky

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Ice87 wrote: »

I dont think Walker is worth 6.1. I would have got Vertonghen if you had the extra .5 and if not i would have gone for Dawson who is 4.4. He would have given you 1.7 to spend elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Osman out , morrisson in, free'd up a few million for transfers the next 2 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Got Michu back in.

Not sure on a 4 point hit with a view to getting some DGWers in.
    Cazorla could be out for Walcott.

• Advertisement
Advertisement