Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamesweek 34 Transfers.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭Bigtoe107

Just shipped out Cazorla and Rooney for Van Persie and Maloney for a 4 point hit, I think it was worth it as all my rivals have VP. I reckon all going well ill ship Reither for Dawson next week and then Lambert for Tevez the following week

That will leave me with Mata, VP, Dawson, Tevez, Zab, Maloney, De Gea and Michu with doubles in GW 36, only other players I would be tempted by are Luiz, Kagawa and Evra.

I'm 11 points behind in my main league but I have been gaining since september so hopefully this plan should push me over the edge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Bigtoe107 wrote: »
    Just shipped out Cazorla and Rooney for Van Persie and Maloney for a 4 point hit, I think it was worth it as all my rivals have VP. I reckon all going well ill ship Reither for Dawson next week and then Lambert for Tevez the following week

That will leave me with Mata, VP, Dawson, Tevez, Zab, Maloney, De Gea and Michu with doubles in GW 36, only other players I would be tempted by are Luiz, Kagawa and Evra.

I'm 11 points behind in my main league but I have been gaining since september so hopefully this plan should push me over the edge!

united don't have another dgw.

Balls! don't know where I got that one from, glad I didn't bring in Kagawa so and I still reckon the VP transfer was worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Bigtoe107 wrote: »
    Balls! don't know where I got that one from, glad I didn't bring in Kagawa so and I still reckon the VP transfer was worth it

they would of had one in gw36 if they'd won their fa cup replay v chelsea so that's prob what you were thinking of.

yeah RVP is a good player to have anyway, there's very little else out there in terms of strikers from the top clubs, hard to call the city strikers, especially with a fa cup final in the middle, chelsea rotate their 2 the whole time, spurs strikers not on form or injured. Arsenal not exactly bringing in loads from their strikers either.
    Suarez is the only real other striker performing well from the higher bracket of strikers.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    they would of had one in gw36 if they'd won their fa cup replay v chelsea so that's prob what you were thinking of.

yeah RVP is a good player to have anyway, there's very little else out there in terms of strikers from the top clubs, hard to call the city strikers, especially with a fa cup final in the middle, chelsea rotate their 2 the whole time, spurs strikers not on form or injured. Arsenal not exactly bringing in loads from their strikers either.
    Suarez is the only real other striker performing well from the higher bracket of strikers.

In fairness Giroud has been bringing in good returns lately and I think tevez will finish the season strong but yeah you're right the top class strikers are just not doing it this season for one reason or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Looking at my team for this week - I get that feeling that it's gonna be a low-scoring week. I've got that a few times this season. 5 of my midfield/attacking 7 are away from home. Tough games too.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Santi101 wrote: »
    Looking at my team for this week - I get that feeling that it's gonna be a low-scoring week. I've got that a few times this season. 5 of my midfield/attacking 7 are away from home. Tough games too.

I am the opposite, its next week I am afraid of:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Michu in for Carzola for this week.

I'll be getting Bale in next week for Gerrard (GW 35) and I'll make 2 transfers for GW 36 for a 4 point hit, no idea on who to bring in yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

wow people seem to be buying up Bale and Defoe in the thousands, anyone thinking of getting them and tight on money may want to take note!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Thanos wrote: »
    wow people seem to be buying up Bale and Defoe in the thousands, anyone thinking of getting them and tight on money may want to take note!!

Since Bale is fit, I'm thinking Cazorla --> Bale. Not certain yet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

xerces wrote: »

Was thinking that myself. If I could get some info that Cazorla would not be playing I would do right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

How do we know Bale is fit?

Link?

Ormus wrote: »
    How do we know Bale is fit?

Link?

Here's one:

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-receive-gareth-bale-boost-ahead-of-crunch-match-against-manchester-city-8580511.html

His red injury icon has become clear on FPL as well.

Of course there's no guarantee that he'll start, that's the judgement call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Bale and Defoe being bought in their thousands before a game against City?

people are fúcking nuts.

we don't even know if Bale will start. i assume he will, but you never know after an injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

No way am i getting Bale in this week. He's only a maybe to play, and then he's up against the best defense in the league. Nonsense people getting him in. I'll be getting him in next week, in preparation for the DGW when i'll be captaining him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Cue a Bale hat-trick

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

manual_man wrote: »
    No way am i getting Bale in this week. He's only a maybe to play, and then he's up against the best defense in the league. Nonsense people getting him in. I'll be getting him in next week, in preparation for the DGW when i'll be captaining him
    Ill be doing the same theres a chance he wont start and also a chance if he does he will break down as the ankle will still be weak.

Do you think it's better to hold on to Cazorla over Bale? Cazorla is doubtful and I've only got Townsend to come in if he doesn't play. He's also had a poor return points wise in his last three games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Do you think it's better to hold on to Cazorla over Bale? Cazorla is doubtful and I've only got Townsend to come in if he doesn't play. He's also had a poor return points wise in his last three games.

You could do worse than Townsend he's at home to Stoke who have been awful i see your dilemna though

• Advertisement

You could do worse than Townsend he's at home to Stoke who have been awful i see your dilemna though

Hmm, I think I'll hold on to Cazorla this week and bring in Bale + Vertonghen with my two free transfers next week as originally planned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

SSN had a headline earlier saying he passed a fitness test today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Advice'/help please guys. I have Santi C and he is currently worth 9.8 in resale value, as he will go down in price tonight does that guarantee that he will go down to 9.7 for me? If not how do I find out? The .1 makes a difference to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

I wouldn't bring Bale in for most midfielders, but I think there's some merit to bringing him in for Santi. Cazorla might not play, and I imagine many people have their team fairly loaded with Arsenal players and could possibly do with shipping one out.

City are obviously very good and in form, but Bale is a beast, and he has to be brought in next week anyway.

The only thing stopping me is a scenario where Bale breaks down injured tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

carlop wrote: »
    I wouldn't bring Bale in for most midfielders, but I think there's some merit to bringing him in for Santi. Cazorla might not play, and I imagine many people have their team fairly loaded with Arsenal players and could possibly do with shipping one out.

City are obviously very good and in form, but Bale is a beast, and he has to be brought in next week anyway.

The only thing stopping me is a scenario where Bale breaks down injured tomorrow.

The game isn't until Sunday and Bale (from the headline I saw for a minute on SSN) passed a fitness test this morning, 48 hours pre match.

I can't see much hope of him breaking down. He's not exactly being rushed back with a fitness test on the morning of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

I'm also not sure what to do with Bale - can see him starting on the bench. It does all seem a bit rushed to me but we'll see.

Cazorla was training today anyway, looked fine. Worth keeping an eye on certain Twitter accounts who usually post team news in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

What to do with this lot? Coming in top 1400 & 2nd in m/l

degea bunn

mertesacker turner zabaletta rafael harte
    cazorla mata hazard puncheon fellaini
    berbatov suarez lambert

1 f/t .02 in bank
    wildcard available but holding it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Advice'/help please guys. I have Santi C and he is currently worth 9.8 in resale value, as he will go down in price tonight does that guarantee that he will go down to 9.7 for me? If not how do I find out? The .1 makes a difference to me.

Go to transfers and click the DATA tab. If the difference between your CP and SP is the same as the difference between your SP and PP, your player will lose 0.1 in player value. If the difference between your CP and SP is 0.1 higher than difference between your SP and PP, your player will stay the same selling value.

looks like i'll lose another.1 so, balls to that. I'd not seen that screen before, I've just seen that I've lost .8m on Sturridge and I still have him. Leaving him on the bench this week, Townsend is getting his game.

Anyway i'm going to give my by now weekly warning that Samba is gonna pay off for me finally, 2 goals and a clean sheet(notice no smiley face there).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I have kept Bale since the injury and got Maloney in this week. Seriously thinking about playing Maloney ahead of him now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Who to trade in from Yaya..Silva or Nasri???????

Am seriously mulling over an 8 point hit.

Michu, Bale and Lukaku in for Cazorla, Berbatov and Fellaini.

Opinions? All three have sold upcoming fixtures and doubles in GW36

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Am seriously mulling over an 8 point hit.

Michu, Bale and Lukaku in for Cazorla, Berbatov and Fellaini.

Opinions? All three have sold upcoming fixtures and doubles in GW36

I was in a similar boat but decided to leave the Santi-Bale until next week, City won't give up too many goals, Fulham might be more accommodating.
    Lukaku I'm not so sure about, in gw 36 he has Wigan at home fighting for their lives and Man City away, Berbatov has Reading at home. Berba will score more goals, he's been unlucky in the last 3 games, it baffles me how RVP will be forgiven anything while he's playing poorly and Berba is abused to the rooftops for not scoring while still playing well.
    I got Michu back also this week for Fellaini, I thought he was a busted flush but it looks like I was wrong, I wanted to do it this week as it looks like Felli has to play deep again today while Michu has a good fixture.

Also Futureguy if you are still there, do you think Rooney will play up front on Monday, I want to make him captain as a kind of differential but I have obvious worries after the last two games.

I was in a similar boat but decided to leave the Santi-Bale until next week, City won't give up too many goals, Fulham might be more accommodating.
    Lukaku I'm not so sure about, in gw 36 he has Wigan at home fighting for their lives and Man City away, Berbatov has Reading at home. Berba will score more goals, he's been unlucky in the last 3 games, it baffles me how RVP will be forgiven anything while he's playing poorly and Berba is abused to the rooftops for not scoring while still playing well.
    I got Michu back also this week for Fellaini, I thought he was a busted flush but it looks like I was wrong, I wanted to do it this week as it looks like Felli has to play deep again today while Michu has a good fixture.

Also Futureguy if you are still there, do you think Rooney will play up front on Monday, I want to make him captain as a kind of differential but I have obvious worries after the last two games.

I'd like to think Rooney will play up front against Villa and he probably will, but even if he does, he looks like he is dropping very deep recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'd like to think Rooney will play up front against Villa and he probably will, but even if he does, he looks like he is dropping very deep recently.

Just dropped Rooney like a hot snot.. Rooney and Suarez out, Van Persie and Tevez in... Tevez DGW and need Van P to stop my competition soaring ahead by captaining him..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

4 point hit this week for me and and then a ft for the next 2 weeks. That should give me Cech, Vertonghen, Zaba, Figueroa, Bale, Mata, Michu and Kone. Will consider another hit for Agüero or Tevez depending on expected line ups.

This week was Michu and Kone in. Caz and Giroud out. Had a bit of Arsenal overkill.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Bale and Defoe being bought in their thousands before a game against City?

people are fúcking nuts.

we don't even know if Bale will start. i assume he will, but you never know after an injury.

:eek:;), someone had to say it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Haha that is quality ^

Funny old game....

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

looks like i'll lose another.1 so, balls to that. I'd not seen that screen before, I've just seen that I've lost .8m on Sturridge and I still have him. Leaving him on the bench this week, Townsend is getting his game.

Anyway i'm going to give my by now weekly warning that Samba is gonna pay off for me finally, 2 goals and a clean sheet(notice no smiley face there).
    I got Samba in myself in the January wildcard for gameweek 25 (His first gameweek) with big hopes. QPR had kept a few clean sheets at the time and i saw Samba as a major goal threat like alot of other people so he was well worth a shot at the time.

I lost patience and got rid of him for gameweek 33. One clean sheet and no goals in 8 games at a cost of 5.0m.

I know he has been unlucky not to score, but it is all about getting points in this game. You surely have to admitt now Swiper that 1 clean sheet and 0 goals in 10 games for yourself that he has been a major fail when it comes to transfers in?

• Advertisement

Steel Dog wrote: »
    I got Samba in myself in the January wildcard for gameweek 25 (His first gameweek) with big hopes. QPR had kept a few clean sheets at the time and i saw Samba as a major goal threat like alot of other people so he was well worth a shot at the time.

I lost patience and got rid of him for gameweek 33. One clean sheet and no goals in 8 games at a cost of 5.0m.

I know he has been unlucky not to score, but it is all about getting points in this game. You surely have to admitt now Swiper that 1 clean sheet and 0 goals in 10 games for yourself that he has been a major fail when it comes to transfers in?

Hell ya! An absolute disaster particularly as I've put him in my team every week, I'm the same as you but I still have him and will probably see how he does at Reading this weekend before moving him for a good DGW defender, I have plenty of money in the bank after dumping Rooney for Tevez so the world is my oyster(maybe Verthongen).
    Despite it all though I feel hard done by with Samba, just off the top of my head I recall the last second goal from Wigan, he hit the post twice in his first two matches, Mignolet made two world class saves from him in the space of a minute, just last week he had a shot that was going in and his own player(Remy I think) blocked it, I know here have been more. If he had two goals scored and one extra clean sheet his stats would look a lot better now, I know some people don't believe in luck, good or bad but Samba hasn't had much of it in my opinion, still he doesn't look as forceful in the opposition box as I remembered he was before.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

For me biggest mistake - Michu

He has been in and out of my team twice and never at the right time. I have got very little points out of him and whenever I didn't have he racks up the points.

My single biggest regret this season is that I ignored the initial bandwagon and advice here and didn't leave him in my team from the start.

Fair play to those who had him from day 1 @6.5million (I think Roryc named his team after him!!). Respect:cool:

Oops wrong thread, not sure where worst transfer chat was. Deserves a thread in own right, a nice break from people showing off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

:eek:;), someone had to say it

i couldn't believe my eyes.

Defoe in particular.

Bale, once he started, there's always a chance he does something.

i still think the many thousands bringing him in was mental, and it was one of those mass knee-jerks that either looks awesome, or it looks a bit silly.

fair play to those who took the plunge.

Defoe was still a stupid transfer though. at least with Bale, he's vital, and if he's walking he'll play. Defoe was never starting the game.

Advertisement