Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer/Scanner

Options
  • 13-04-2013 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭

My old Epson Sx115 combined inkjet printer/scanner is dying a slow and ink consuming death. I think it is time to replace. What are best options these days ?

Combined or separate appliances ? Inkjet v laser. I have to say I am sick to death of buying ink - I'm leaning towards laser. Faster scanner would be good also

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

Do you def need a scanner?
    Your average phone will take a nice pic you can email, which means you don't need a scanner ?

With no scanner you can get a decent lazer colour or black.

So do you really need a scanner?
    Alt get a separate scanner IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

uberalles wrote: »
    Do you def need a scanner?
    Your average phone will take a nice pic you can email, which means you don't need a scanner ?

With no scanner you can get a decent lazer colour or black.

So do you really need a scanner?
    Alt get a separate scanner IMO

Yeah need a scanner. I've tried using a camera and its seriously frustrating.
    Yes I'm leaning towards separate devices

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

My old Epson Sx115 combined inkjet printer/scanner is dying a slow and ink consuming death. I think it is time to replace. What are best options these days ?

Combined or separate appliances ? Inkjet v laser. I have to say I am sick to death of buying ink - I'm leaning towards laser. Faster scanner would be good also

laser.... if you print alot

ink if you dont

laser imo are always the better choice. ink refill cartridges are not worth a **** the will ruin your printer in no time. i know from experience

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

i can give you a scanner if you are stuck... ever since i bought a photocopier my old scanner sits on a shelf gathering dust

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

i can give you a scanner if you are stuck... ever since i bought a photocopier my old scanner sits on a shelf gathering dust

Oh thanks but not stuck my existing scanner does work ok - I just want a faster one!!! And the printer side of it tis f**ked - it will onyl print in fine resolution and thus burns ink like an American SUV burns fossil fuels

• Advertisement
Advertisement